• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament co-developed with Harada and Namco Bandai Announced for arcades

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I sort of think it would've been neat if they had a poll before they started development in order to influence the roster...

Not like total control by fans, but perhaps put a few Pokemon that would realistically work and see which ones are the most popular.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Wait is it true the game won't have high or low mix-ups? Shit, even Smash Bros. has that. Interest in this game is starting to dwindle.

Zubz

Banned
Wait is it true the game won't have high or low mix-ups? Shit, even Smash Bros. has that. Interest in this game is starting to dwindle.

I'm still hoping they'll pull through and add them back and/or make up for it in
a lot of
other ways. But yeah; I was surprised when I read that bit...

TreIII

Seems like it's not in Namco Bandai's TGS roster so maybe not. I don't think we'll know anything new about that game until the December or February Direct.

But Pokkén was also confirmed to be part of Famitsu's "Bamco blow-out" in next week's issue. So I think it may still be a possibility, unless Nintendo/TPC really are against it appearing for whatever reason, or it's still "too early" to show.

I'm sure they'll have some kind of mind games, Harada is making it after all. Whether it's a new system or a stronger emphasis on positioning/spacing or whatever will be a mystery until they reveal more though :p

ZeroX03

Banned
More from Harada's Twitter:

It's secret. and We have some new ideas. RT @KSlackie will Pokken be 1v1 or tag team?

You should ask Nintendo yourself. I can't ask about that. RT@NawalYadav9 @powerprotoman will Pokken be available for ps3 or ps4??

1. No
2. No
3. I don't answer about this. No comment.

RT@powerprotoman 3 questions about Pokkén 1.will it only be fully evolved Pkmn? 2.will it only be bipedal Pkmn? 3.will typing come into play?

The last one might link to the no high/low mixup thing. If there's Pokemon of vastly different size, shape and they're not all bipedal then dealing with height would be a huge issue. Better to have a simple block system.

Mlatador

Banned
The official English trailer on youtube says "Planned for Arcade release in Japan in 2015". There is no "first" there. The official Japanese website also says nothing more than "planned for Arcade release in 2015".

It may come to the Wii U at a later date (2016), but it is definitely not certain at this point. Mario Kart Arcade GP (and its sequels GP 2 and GP DX), also developed by Namco, never got a home port, for example.

Of course these games didn't come to console. They are mediocre spin offs of Mario Kart, so why the hell would Nintendo allow them on their console? It would only confuse potential Mario Kart buyers. So Mario Kart Arcade GP is a pretty weak argument against a very likely Wii U port of Pokken.

SykoTech

Haven't given a damn about Pokemon since being let down by Sapphire in 2003 (or was it 2002?), but I'll sure be keeping my eye on this one.

Please have Totodile. Not Feligator or whatever his other evloved form was called, just Totodile.

Village

I sort of think it would've been neat if they had a poll before they started development in order to influence the roster...

Not like total control by fans, but perhaps put a few Pokemon that would realistically work and see which ones are the most popular.

Not all pokemon would work, and this way they don't have to pick the highest one on the poll if one area picks a dumb one.

I understand where Namco is coming from but to not announce console version out of the gate is a missed opportunity. I know it is likely to happen, but arcades as an institution are dead here.

Huh? Smash Bros doesn't have high-low mix-ups.
While not immediately obvious, some do... though I'm not a huge fan of it personally :p
Basically in some of the smash games, the shield only protects the parts of your character it covers, so once your shield gets small enough it's possible to poke your character's exposed feet unless the player shielding moves the shield down to cover them... which obviously leaves their upper body exposed and so on :3

ash_ag

Gengar high-res render:
EU41iU3.png

Platy

for mods: is Wii u port begging allowed?
I hope to see an official E3 confirmation...

From what I understand, begging is never allowed, port DISCUSSION is fine.

The problem with port begging is that people usualy just post "why this isn't on ps4?" and "need to be released for xbox" and that does not add anything to the discussion.

"this game would benefit greatly from a vita port because the back touchscreen can be used as a complimentary skill ..." is a discussion, not a begging.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I hope to see an official E3 confirmation...

I don't think it will be announced for Wii U until after the arcade version has been out for at least a few months, but I agree with others saying it's highly likely there will be a port.

edit: speaking of which, is there a release date for Japan yet?

Top Bottom