• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crimzon Clover: World Ignition |OT| Boosting Towards Obliteration

Hey everyone! Sorry I'm a bit late to the party. NeoGAF verification takes a while ^_^; My name is Brad. You can call me Brad or Blackbird (or whatever you like, really).

If you haven't seen this on shmups forum yet, I'm working with Degica and Yotsubane to bring you more Crimzon Clover and shmup related content. We're really excited to see how well this game has been received by the Western fan community. Lots of enthusiasm in this thread, and the OP is very informative as well! In the future, I hope to keep you informed of any new and exciting things in the world of Crimzon Clover.

I can confirm that Crimzon Clover WI will be released DRM-free on Good Old Games some time in the future. I will give you a heads up when I know the release date.

If you have any inquiries regarding the game or bugs that need to be reported, feel free to contact me. I hope that you all continue to enjoy the game =).

I'm working with Degica and Yotsubane to bring you more Crimzon Clover and shmup related content.
Are you in contact with the team at Degica handling A-Train 9 on Steam? I would like the game to appear on GOG sometime in the near-future, if Artdink permits (Version 3.0, ideally). Excellent news about Crimson Clover, prepare to drown in money.

I work primarily with Crimzon Clover, but I can certainly get in touch with the people who do work on A-Train and let them know that you'd like a GOG port.

meppi

I work primarily with Crimzon Clover, but I can certainly get in touch with the people who do work on A-Train and let them know that you'd like a GOG port.

Would love to see Crimzon Clover get released on the PS4 actually.
The way Sony has been getting behind indie games, now should be the perfect time to try and get some more shoot 'em ups on home systems. :)

Mr.McFist

Fantastic to hear that the game is getting a further release outside steam. I love Crimzon Clover and it has become my favourite STG. I actually made it to stage 5 for the first time on 1 credit in arcade mode original over the weekend - couldn't believe it. Don't think I will ever 1cc arcade original but it is great to see how much I have progressed and improved - really rewarding.

Knurek

We're going to try, but CC is a tough game to follow. Games of this caliber don't come along very often ^_^;...

You know, there's a certain shrine maiden related series of shmups, that seems to have a certain following. Would certainly sell as well as Crimzon Clover were they to be officially released in English.
Just saying, nudge nudge wink wink.

@MUWANdo

Banned
You know, there's a certain shrine maiden related series of shmups, that seems to have a certain following. Would certainly sell as well as Crimzon Clover were they to be officially released in English.
Just saying, nudge nudge wink wink.

Playism's already got that in the bag, I'd say.

Heya Dragoon. I got in touch with my colleagues at Degica. Our current plan for A-Train 9 is to first release A-Train 9 3.0 Premium on Steam. Any GOG release would most likely have to wait until after this, but we are going to contact Artdink and see if he would like to release the game on that platform. If it we did release the game on GOG, it would most likely be the most recent version - the 3.0 release. Hope that helps.

Sorry about this, but I've had to pull the replay videos on our channel at Yotsubane's request. I was misinformed about what they were. They are not actually Yotsubane's replays, and they were not intended to be released publicly. I am sorry about the mixup and I hope you got to enjoy them in the short duration they were up. I'll try to find some other replays that we have permission to post publicly.

Heya Dragoon. I got in touch with my colleagues at Degica. Our current plan for A-Train 9 is to first release A-Train 9 3.0 Premium on Steam. Any GOG release would most likely have to wait until after this, but we are going to contact Artdink and see if he would like to release the game on that platform. If it we did release the game on GOG, it would most likely be the most recent version - the 3.0 release. Hope that helps.
Excellent news!

UIG translated the game into German when they released it as The Train Giant. It might help a GOG release to see if the team can license that work or find a fan-patch.

Small announcement today: Patch 1.03 is live! This patch adds more robust keyboard configuration options and a few bug/crash fixes.

v1.03 Patch Changelog:

Keyboard Config: The option to configure freely P1 and P2 keyboard was added to Key Settings. At the same time, the glitch where keyboard was controlling both ships has been corrected.
Controller Config: The controller config has been expanded, allowing for better setting of P1 and P2 controllers (Key Settings/Controller Settings).

FPS Display: An option to show or hide the FPS has been added to System Settings.
FPS Gauge Display: An option to show or hide the gauges has been added to System Settings.

Training: Fixed the bug in 2P training where the ship would not appear when starting at BOSS 1.
Training: Fixed the bug in 2P training when choosing Boost Mode and Break ON, restarting the training would remove the Break status on.

Online Leader-board: Fixed the bug where pressing START just after changing Mode/Ship would crash the game.

Replay: Fixed the Replay bug where the resize operation would make the replay data incorrect and impossible to accurately replay. Sadly, this cause most replay made with ver1.02 and before to become inaccurate.
We are truly sorry for this, however for the replay you cannot correctly view using v1.03 game, a tool based on old logic was added to the game folder: oldVerReplayPlayer.exe
Using that tool should allow to watch the old replays.

Hello everyone! The Humble Store is featuring Crimzon Clover in a shmup-themed bundle sale today (Sept 15th).

Slowbeef and I will be running a demo stream over on his TwitchTV channel:

http://www.twitch.tv/effinslowbeef

We will be playing all five games in the bundle so you can take a look at what's in there. The developer from Really Big Sky will also drop by and talk a bit about her game! Crimzon Clover will of course be played as well.

The promo stream runs from 8PM to 12PM EST. We hope you'll come by and have fun playing shmups with us! We should make Slowbeef try to 1CC arcade mode =D.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Hello everyone! The Humble Store is featuring Crimzon Clover in a shmup-themed bundle sale today (Sept 15th).

Slowbeef and I will be running a demo stream over on his TwitchTV channel:

http://www.twitch.tv/effinslowbeef

We will be playing all five games in the bundle so you can take a look at what's in there. The developer from Really Big Sky will also drop by and talk a bit about her game! Crimzon Clover will of course be played as well.

The promo stream runs from 8PM to 12PM EST. We hope you'll come by and have fun playing shmups with us! We should make Slowbeef try to 1CC arcade mode =D.

Awesome! I made a thread about this. :)

Kysen

Holy shit almost missed this gem, if it wast for that humble bundle thread I would never have bought this game. It's crazy how much stuff is happening on screen, awesome game.

For those of you that missed the bundle sale, we have an opportunity coming up for you to get the game for FREE!

We're going to have a small promotional giveaway for Crimzon Clover in conjunction with Indiegamerchick. We'll also have an hour long demo stream of Crimzon Clover on her TwitchTV channel.

The giveaway will occur on Wednesday, at 6PM EST at https://twitter.com/IndieGamerChick . The rules and conditions for the giveaway are here: http://indiegamerchick.com/gamesmatter-rules-and-faq/

The livestream will also occur at 6PM EST. Streamer Megapieman will be hosting a brief demonstration of the game on IGC's TwitchTV channel:

http://www.twitch.tv/indiegamerchicktv/profile

We'll show off some basic gameplay, talk a bit about the game, and most likely have some Q&A.

Nothing comes for free, so what's the catch? In this case, the catch is that, if you win a promo copy, you are strongly encouraged to play the game and talk about it via any social websites you frequent. I would enjoy it very much if you would like to come by, play shmups with us, and help spread the word about our game =).

Good news everyone:

The long awaited launch of DRM-free Crimzon Clover for GOG is confirmed for 12/4 next week! It feels like it took forever, but it's finally here!

We are also having a Black Friday sale for Crimzon Clover. Until 12/2, it is 66% off on Steam.

Thank you for supporting us!

Momentary

Banned
66% off for one of the best shmups in the
Past decade is steal. People who are remotely interested in the genre should pick this gem up.

Momentary

Banned
New DLC is set to be released in the coming months. It's for an OST by Gryzor87 who worked on Hydorah's soundtrack. Degica has also been pretty adamant about grabbing suggestions from System11 for Yotsubane. I don't know if anything will come to fruition for this game, but I'm sure he's looking for suggestions for his next game.

Syril

What range of options does this have? I liked how Ikaruga had a lot of options to customize the interface, set number of continues, etc.

Crimzon Clover has some degree of customization.

You can adjust the orientation, location, and size of the screen for horizontal or vertical display. There are two different panel borders and soundtracks to pick from. You can hide some elements of the UI (medals and FPS display) but not all of it.

Continues are always set to unlimited.

There are several modes to pick from. Boost, Original, Unlimited, and Time Attack. Boost and Original can be played in either Novice or Arcade difficulty, with Novice being ideal for new players, Arcade for veteran players, and Unlimited being reserved for experts.

There are 4 different ships to pick from.

There is also a training mode that lets you practice Stages and Bosses individually with many different settings.

Momentary

Banned
There will be a sneak preview of some upcoming Crimzon Clover DLC content on my weekly DegiGames livestream this Wednesday.

The show starts at 8PM EST on http://www.twitch.tv/degigames/

Hope to see you there!

I was coming here to post this and realized that your the same person from the shmups.system11.org board. I just lurk there. I dontvfeel like I'm good enough at shooters to post there. I already posted this on the Steam and Shmups thread here. I'm going to be tuning in for this. Is this DLC coming soon-ish?

Maybe Degica can see about getting some Cave games like the DonPachi and Bug Princess on the PC. Steam is really lacking in the "higher bugdet" shmup games. Yotsubane sure as made his game to be that way and even surpassed a lot if the masters in the genre. More would still be awesome.

It already looks like CCWI is going to win Shmup of the year from shmup.com. it sucks that it might be another 6 years before we get more from him. That's even IF he wants to deal with making another masterpiece.

The DLC will be released when it's complete, ideally sometime within the next month or two as a rough ETA.

There are a lot of shmup fans at Degica and we are actively looking for opportunities to bring more great shmups to PC. We'll see what we can do.

This is probably not the last shmup we'll see from Yotsubane, but he is a very meticulous developer and prefers a quality over speed approach. Like you've said, it will probably be some time before we see another game from him.

Small patch update for Crimzon Clover launched today.

The update to version 1.04 includes:

◆Pause menu adjustment: Game music now pauses when the game is paused.
◆Additional information added to the name entry screen: Total Star Item count is displayed, as well as information relevant to the mode played: BREAK RATE MAX, BOOST COUNT, and BREAK COUNT.
◆Display settings: Added a v-sync option to the display settings when playing in full screen mode.
◆Bug correction: Bug where the game starts high res in a very small window on screens with a resolution of 1280×768 or lower corrected, the game should now start in low res mode for better compatibility with smaller resolution displays.
◆Various small fixes

Please let me know if you find any bugs remaining after patch.

Cheers!

Update 2/18: GOG version of V1.04 will update soon, we discovered a small fix that we want to revise first before uploading the latest build to GOG.

Crimzon Clover V1.05 is live!

New content should be live shortly, including:

The Super Replay Strategy Guide - 16 high-scoring replays and 22 commentated guides from the world's best CC WI players.

The Arranged Soundtrack - 25 new tracks in-game, 35 track lossless album, album art + track listing will be added when complete (putting finishing touches on it).

The Arcade Poster Pack - 2 large-format 18x24 Crimzon Clover illustrations in RGB and CMYK formats, suitable for making your arcade cab look swag.

Cimzon Clover Majestic Pack - Includes all the above.

We have a Midweek Madness sale going on right now, so until the 28th new CC content will be *heavily discounted*. Please check them out!

ArjanN

Crimzon Clover V1.05 is live!

New content should be live shortly, including:

The Super Replay Strategy Guide - 16 high-scoring replays and 22 commentated guides from the world's best CC WI players.

The Arranged Soundtrack - 25 new tracks in-game, 35 track lossless album, album art + track listing will be added when complete (putting finishing touches on it).

The Arcade Poster Pack - 2 large-format 18x24 Crimzon Clover illustrations in RGB and CMYK formats, suitable for making your arcade cab look swag.

Cimzon Clover Majestic Pack - Includes all the above.

We have a Midweek Madness sale going on right now, so until the 28th new CC content will be *heavily discounted*. Please check them out!

Picked up the DLC pack for the soundtrack and just to support the game. :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Guess I'll check the strat guide out. With the sale, it should be $1-2, yeah?

magnetic

Is there any way to exchange the soundtrack files with my own? Took me a while to realize that switching and renaming the files in the "soundtrack" folder on the Steam version didn't work because it's the bonus content and not the actual in-game tunes.

Don't get me wrong, the music is pretty neat, but I love using my favorite tracks from other games on PC shmups whenever I get the chance.

Is that even possible in the Steam version? Are those files locked due to the DRM or something or am I not looking in the right place?

I was considering buying the GOG version as well if I knew whether or not you can access the music files on that version directly.

By the way, absolutely amazing game!

Top Bottom