• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PEGI rates Nano Assault Neo X for PS4

JordanN

Banned
For those who aren't aware, Shin'en has been a Nintendo only developer for 10 years.

This would be their first game to leave those platforms if true.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Happy to see this coming to other platforms as I feel this game is really good and overlooked.

Kinda rubs me the wrong way considering they haven't even released their other two announced games from waaayyy back.

They need to sure up their dev and media cycle.

Called it.

The title though, does this imply more content? I wonder if anything new here would be provided as an update to Wii U owners.

Happy to see this coming to other platforms as I feel this game is really good and overlooked.

Kinda rubs me the wrong way considering they haven't even released their other two announced games from waaayyy back.

They need to sure up their dev and media cycle.

Yeah, their PR sucks. They spent weeks, IIRC, teasing the FAST Racing Neo reveal... and then they revealed absolutely nothing aside from the title and logo. I still don't think they've released so much as a single screenshot.

Yeah, their PR sucks. They spent weeks, IIRC, teasing the FAST Racing Neo reveal... and then they revealed absolutely nothing aside from the title and logo. I still don't think they've released so much as a single screenshot.

Next month they will, they confirmed it twice at least on twitter recently.

I still honestly find it concerning that they're now going multiplatform, after years of interviews saying they're very content with Nintendo exclusivity. They said on twitter they see it as expanding rather than jumping ship.

I thought NAN did really well for them so I wouldn't think it's a financial issue, but perhaps they're now in a position where they can do ports where as before on Wii and 3DS this wasn't as feasible without a complete overhaul? I don't know.

Worth noting this is NOT the first time they've dabbed into non-Nintendo platforms, did you know that their GBA audio engine, was reworked by them for the N-Gage? Don't know if any game used it though, but DOZENS did on GBA.

Mononoke

Banned
Lol for a second there, I thought X was a rating, and it was like the worst rating possible. So I thought the thread was about Nano Assault being rated X by the ESRB. :p Of course the way I worded it makes more sense. But it's just what my mind went to on a first glance. lol

jsfkctYpZkggt.JPG

The game looks too disturbing for my tastes. Id rather not imagine what bacteria looks like blown up at that size thanks. Still more PS4 shooters are never a bad thing.

Seik

Banned
Hope everything will work well for Shin'en. They are wizards we need to keep for a good while.

I'm sure it will be awesome and sell fine, though, Nano Assault on the Wii U was great.

Nano Assault Neo is a good game. Hopefully PS4 players check it out.

I am curious as to when Wii U owners will be playing The Art of Balance and Fast Racing Neo, as they were both announced at the beginning of this year.

WTF, ACTUALLY?

This is the game that will make you realize Res0gun ain't shit, I'm telling you. It's going to look god tier on the quadruple.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Are either of the two 3DS versions recommended ?

I enjoyed Nano Assault Ex, which is really the one you should get. Bit short maybe but if you like time attack or score attack stuff you might enjoy it for a longer period.

Very bland game design for an uninteresting and boring shooter. Play Stardust, instead.

Suuuuper disagree. What on earth is bland about this?

nano-1.jpg

NAN.jpg

The levels are so tightly designed, you really have to master the enemy appearances and milk them the right way to hit 100% purification before the cell blows up. The weapon upgrades are well done, the shooting feels great.

Probably my favourite twin stick shooter ever.

KDR_11k

I wonder if they'll be able to stand out among the tougher competition, they'll certainly have a harder time standing out by means of graphical fidelity.

Datschge

So I guess they are going to stop making games for Nintendo or?
No, the last couple games (post DS/Wii) helped them make their engine more and more platform agnostic as graphics features are on a similar level on all systems now. And as the other consoles are rather generic x86 based (and development happens on PCs anyway) it's comparatively easy for this small team to target multiple systems from here out. Remember they always thrived on making best use of limited resources, but now there are no current systems left that limit the resources the way consoles used to do.

Wow this is unexpected. I have the 3DS version but I'll probably pick it up on PS4 too. I wonder if they'll support stereo 3D TVs.

AmyS

Wow this is unexpected. I have the 3DS version but I'll probably pick it up on PS4 too. I wonder if they'll support stereo 3D TVs.

That'd be sweet.

Isn't Trine 2 The Complete Story the only game on PS4 to support stereo 3D TVs so far?

Top Bottom