• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

tumblr_lu419rDeQl1r0w390.jpg

Madden has pretty average graphics really. Not even close to real life and still miles behind the standards set by NBA 2K14.

Anyway, still surprised Sony hasn't woken up and allowed uncompressed share button captures. Infamous (and any game will lots of detail on screen) looks shit when all compressed. They are just allowing thousands of pics to float around the net and badly advertise their otherwise amazing visuals. Fucking stupidity really.

Timu

Anyway, still surprised Sony hasn't woken up and allowed uncompressed share button captures. Infamous (and any game will lots of detail on screen) looks shit when all compressed. They are just allowing thousands of pics to float around the net and badly advertise their otherwise amazing visuals. Fucking stupidity really.
It's probably the PS4's encoder that's preventing that.

Madden has pretty average graphics really. Not even close to real life and still miles behind the standards set by NBA 2K14.

Yeah, I don't understand this. Unless it is a hardware compromise due to limited memory bandwith by the OS, during gameplay. But you'd think adding compression would use more bandwith, not reduce it.

theWB27

The lighting is superb in Madden. I wish NBA2K14 wouldn't be what Madden is compared to considering Madden has to render a crap ton more than NBA2k has to.

Perspective....NBA has to render about 24 players total counting the bench and bench players are lower quality than on court.

Madden has to render 22 players on the field at once plus the lower res sidelines. Rendering stadiums like the Redskins and Cowboys compared to the Staples Center is night and day.

Cubed

This gen has so many beautiful games already. Some are pure tech (like Ryse and inFamous), some are art design (like PvZ and Wolfenstein), and some are both (like TLOU and Killzone).

Can't comment too much on Nintendo games, but I rarely see shots in here that aren't pretty awesome.

Shin-Ra

I don't think The Last Tinker's proof of anything but the existence of a broad range of technical.. and artistic capability.

wow, those metro shots look great. i've been so on the fence about picking it up since i have so much other stuff to play and the holiday rush is about to begin. i was at best buy this weekend and picked up a third ps4 for the house so that we can all play battlefield 4 and destiny together. was going to impulse buy metro, but they were sold out. i didn't care too much, but now i may have to get after seeing those screens. damn. i still need to start and finish the last of us. not enough time...

Top Bottom