• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

Coen

Just bought this game digitally, but my microphone seems to be open all the time and honestly, it is keeping me from playing. Any way to turn it to toggle on/of with a button? Or completely off is that doesn't work.

Loomba

I've been trying to get the upgraded damage for the foot soldier for about 3 days now and I've got everything but that, it's extremely annoying. I keep getting all star weapon skins which l don't even play.

GcRayden

I'm sorry for posting in this thread, but I can't find a thread that that includes the PC version in the thread title, so I'm hoping someone here might know:

I was thinking of buying this game with my wife, but we were wondering if the PC version has some way to play with friends? Someone on Amazon stated that the game doesn't have a way to party together, so being able to play together is just hoping that you'll land in the same game by a chance of luck.

I really want to play this game with her, but we don't know if it will let us play together. Does anyone have this problem or is there a way we can play together?

Enco

I'm sorry for posting in this thread, but I can't find a thread that that includes the PC version in the thread title, so I'm hoping someone here might know:

I was thinking of buying this game with my wife, but we were wondering if the PC version has some way to play with friends? Someone on Amazon stated that the game doesn't have a way to party together, so being able to play together is just hoping that you'll land in the same game by a chance of luck.

I really want to play this game with her, but we don't know if it will let us play together. Does anyone have this problem or is there a way we can play together?
Supposedly party play is coming in a few weeks.

Agram

After hours of this amazing game, I earned every trophy except Garden Crazy.

So, can anyone help me with it using Shipwreck Shore method? Only condition is that the second player has NAT Type 1 since I have 3 with both wireless and wired connection :'( and I can't fix it (I've tried port forwarding, DMZ... countless times).

Just add me and say you're from Neogaf. :)

PSN: Filip-I

Lulubop

I'm still trying to unlock law pea and those other soldiers. Law pea seems incredible. And it does seem that default all star is really good. Occasionally I will use the rugby star for fire damage though

Pea's are the best class imo, Law pea and Agent Pea are pure bullshit.

My friend and I only just realised there is a swap team option in the game, available in the character select screen by pressing square.

DOH!

Whoever at EA/Popcap who thought "Hey, people will love getting Garden Revives and Team Retries all the way from Common up to Super Rare"...what a chump.

It never ceases to piss me off when I get a "Super Rare" one of either of those. I'll spend 5K extra per pack just to not get that crap.

Who plays Garden Ops enough that that even makes sense? Is anyone past the first hour happy to see either one?

Agram

Whoever at EA/Popcap who thought "Hey, people will love getting Garden Revives and Team Retries all the way from Common up to Super Rare"...what a chump.

It never ceases to piss me off when I get a "Super Rare" one of either of those. I'll spend 5K extra per pack just to not get that crap.

Who plays Garden Ops enough that that even makes sense? Is anyone past the first hour happy to see either one?
I have around 60 Self and Team revives. Since I don't play Garden Ops that much, I don't use them, but almost every pack contains revives.

Mindlog

I feel like self-revives and team revives are capped. I should have way more than ever appears in my inventory.

Still no Tactical Cuke on 360. Kind of sucks.
Pea's are the best class imo, Law pea and Agent Pea are pure bullshit.
I get it stuck in my head that Pea is an anti-group class so Toxic is my favorite. Should be better with Law and Agent, but I'll have to put more time in with them. Ever since I made the switch from Fire to Camo Cactus that's what I use for head crits. Camo Crit kills very quickly.

Guys I just got the game for Ps4. Got the digital version, it downloaded and got installed from the store fine. But once I started the game it started installing again and is SUPER SLOW is there any way to fix this? Maybe deleting it and installing again? Stuck at 56% at the moment.

Edit: For those that might have this problem, I made it download faster by pressing options in the app, then going to information. It will show that the game is actually still downloading, and it will download faster at that screen.

Edit: Nvm, fuck I should had bought the retail version.
That initial download is not the full game. That's just the thing it loads up that lets you boot the game, and that's also what would install automatically if you put a disc in.

All that lets you play is this little time-wasting single-player thing where you just shoot off random zombies. You have no options or title screens or anything.

While you have access to that, the full game is downloading, and that stuff is significantly more data than the first little bit you download.

This isn't specific to PvZ, it's the way the PS4 works. Games have to install, and some are designed to give you a little part to play around with while the bulk of the game is still downloading. And downloads in general are really slow on the system. You're never going to want to sit and wait for these huge files to download over such a slow network. Do it overnight or when you have other things to do with your time.

I randomly bought this game Saturday morning and I've been playing it constantly. It took me away from Diablo 3 too. It's so much damn fun and addicting. Really, I haven't invested much time into any online multiplayer game since Bad Company 2.

-MD-

It's probably to encourage people to play Garden Ops but I must have 300+ unused revives/retries at this point.

Just bought this game digitally, but my microphone seems to be open all the time and honestly, it is keeping me from playing. Any way to turn it to toggle on/of with a button? Or completely off is that doesn't work.

PS4? Do you have a PS Camera hooked up? That's the microphone. You can turn it off via the PS4 OS--hit the PS button, select Adjust Devices, and turn off the mic on the camera. As far as I know, there's no push-to-talk.

We discovered this Saturday night when my friends and I settled in for some PvZ for the first time and discovered after a while that everyone in the game was listening to us ordering Indian food and swearing like drunken sailors (assuming they hadn't already muted us). It was hilarious, but also a dumb design decision.

Teknoman

Seems like no one really uses mics anyway :(
PS4 version. Game does look amazing though. Sounds good too, its like im playing through some kinda Pixar/Dreamworks animated short.

Is there no way to get GAF games together?

At any rate, my PSN is in my profile, so add me for The Last of Us, Plants vs Zombies, or just any PS4/PS3/Vita stuff in general.

Autofokus

Use the mute button/switch on your headset?

I'm currently sitting here watching my girlfriend play and she really does not like shooters at all, yet loves this game. The Citrus Cactus is her jam. PopCap did one hell of a job with this game.

Also unlocked the Fire Cactus recently and holy shit O_O

Dunlop

Just picked the game up, should I just be saving for the high price sticker packs with rare characters at the beginning?

Mindlog

Just picked the game up, should I just be saving for the high price sticker packs with rare characters at the beginning?
It's really up to you. Either way it's going to take some time to get everything.

An optimal route might be.
1 40k Pack
20k Packs - Buy the packs that match your newly unlocked character until you have all of its passive bonuses unlocked.

Repeat that process through every character. The cheaper packs (1-10k) are OK if you want to stock up on some consumables, but I wouldn't buy too many of them. This varies heavily depending on CPM.

Agram

Finally!

0QaPiPI.jpg

Was playing this game right now while waiting for my wife. I still can't believe how good it is, and it was only $40! Go buy it, might be the best multiplayer game out right now for Ps4.

geordiemp

I live in UK and just bought this PVZ game for Ps4.

Last 2 nights (around 6 pm peak time) I try to host a normal game of Garden Ops survival I can sit around for 10 minutes before seeing anyone...

When I search for a game I usually find one but host is 95 % of the time USA. Sometimes I join and then I loose connection mid match.

Note I have 75 mb optical digital fibre (BT) near London.

Its a new game and I am struggling to find games already....

Maybe I should just stick to COD, this sucks. I struggle not to be host in COD with great internet...but its not so easy to play with -6 hour time zone hosts across the world !

Note to self - never buy a multiplayer only game unless its COD...or You live in USA = more players.

Where are the players in EU - finding games should not be this hard !

Dunlop

It's really up to you. Either way it's going to take some time to get everything.

An optimal route might be.
1 40k Pack
20k Packs - Buy the packs that match your newly unlocked character until you have all of its passive bonuses unlocked.

Repeat that process through every character. The cheaper packs (1-10k) are OK if you want to stock up on some consumables, but I wouldn't buy too many of them. This varies heavily depending on CPM.

Thx!

PSA fellow canucks, this game is $20 at Wal-Mart on Thursday. I picked it up today and will just get them to price guaranty

Maledict

I live in UK and just bought this PVZ game for Ps4.

Last 2 nights (around 6 pm peak time) I try to host a normal game of Garden Ops survival I can sit around for 10 minutes before seeing anyone...

When I search for a game I usually find one but host is 95 % of the time USA. Sometimes I join and then I loose connection mid match.

Note I have 75 mb optical digital fibre (BT) near London.

Its a new game and I am struggling to find games already....

Maybe I should just stick to COD, this sucks. I struggle not to be host in COD with great internet...but its not so easy to play with -6 hour time zone hosts across the world !

Note to self - never buy a multiplayer only game unless its COD...or You live in USA = more players.

Where are the players in EU - finding games should not be this hard !

I think it's more about garden ops not being played. The welcome mat, graves and gardens and the graves and gardens classic matches are always up and running in less than a minute for me whatever the time of day. For some reason garden ops doesn't seem as popular.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Garden ops connects like 20% of the time for me. (PS4 in US)
It needs to get fixed.

I can't even join a private game with a friend in Garden Ops. We both disconnect right away when joining.

Loomba

The game has stopped giving me weapon upgrades altogether now, I buy the 20k pack and get 2 character pieces, 2 weapon skins and shitty hats for the rest.

Anyone know what gives?

Maledict

It seems to only give you weapon upgrades for characters you have fully unlocked - are you maxed out on weapons currently? If you we might be worth buying a 40K pack to start unlocking weapons again.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
PS4? Do you have a PS Camera hooked up? That's the microphone. You can turn it off via the PS4 OS--hit the PS button, select Adjust Devices, and turn off the mic on the camera. As far as I know, there's no push-to-talk.

Now this has me wondering if my Kinect is acting as a mic as well?! I have noticed that the little speaker icon is on screen when playing.

I don't want people listening in on my conversations.

geordiemp

Garden ops connects like 20% of the time for me. (PS4 in US)
It needs to get fixed.

I can't even join a private game with a friend in Garden Ops. We both disconnect right away when joining.

I can host a game if I wait 10 minutes or so...then it always finished.

If I search then its always a USA host, and its 50:50 whether it will run till the end of the game before the dreaded,,,,

"Lost connection to server..."

GoaThief

That initial download is not the full game. That's just the thing it loads up that lets you boot the game, and that's also what would install automatically if you put a disc in.

All that lets you play is this little time-wasting single-player thing where you just shoot off random zombies. You have no options or title screens or anything.

While you have access to that, the full game is downloading, and that stuff is significantly more data than the first little bit you download.

This isn't specific to PvZ, it's the way the PS4 works. Games have to install, and some are designed to give you a little part to play around with while the bulk of the game is still downloading. And downloads in general are really slow on the system. You're never going to want to sit and wait for these huge files to download over such a slow network. Do it overnight or when you have other things to do with your time.
There's more to it than that however, I just bought it and have the same problem.

The download speed is extremely slow, I thought it was broken as it was stuck on 22% for a good ten minutes. I have a 80MB connection and the initial 3.5gb download was done in mere minutes.

Anyone know why it's so slow or have a fix?

*edit
Just looked on the information, does 1mb every 7-8 seconds. Have people waiting to play, ridiculous and never happened with any other game that has background download.

i bought it and installed but never got the chance to play it yet. got the ps4 version. with diablo 3 taking over my life unsure if the community will be active by the time i join lol.

Dragoshi1

Seems recently that there has been a surge in the amount of All-Stars on the zombie team. It used to be exclusively soldiers with a few of other classes here and there.

As for Plants, Peashooters are still the most popular, with the Toxic and Agent Pea being the most used subclasses as far as I can see.

The other day, I did a G&G where the enemy team was entirely Chompers with a few Sunflowers.

GoaThief

New update, moved to 25% (from 23/24%) in about an hour.

At this rate it's going to take days to download. Wish I could get a refund and go buy a physical copy or maybe just not bother. Something is clearly broken.

Is any kind of EA login/account required to play this game on PS4 or is it just PSN? Makes or breaks the purchase for me after a long history of bullshit with them.

Does anyone else think this is one of the best looking games out on the current gen consoles? Especially on the ps4 it's such a clean image with great effects and tons of crazyness going on at anytime and I never notice any frame drops

th4tguy

Is anyone else getting an error that you have to have ps+ membership to play the game on PS4? ( I have two years left on my sub ).

I'll check some other games to see if I get the same issue. My profile still shows a + next it though.

Is anyone else getting an error that you have to have ps+ membership to play the game on PS4? ( I have two years left on my sub ).

I'll check some other games to see if I get the same issue. My profile still shows a + next it though.

Yup, been getting that for the last hour. I think it's due to the release of Minecraft that's getting the network all wonky.

th4tguy

Does anyone else think this is one of the best looking games out on the current gen consoles? Especially on the ps4 it's such a clean image with great effects and tons of crazyness going on at anytime and I never notice any frame drops

It is a very nice looking game. Super clean image with tons of detail in the models.

Top Bottom