• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friendly reminder: The Simpsons Marathon is airing right now on FXX, all 552 episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
t8zMsYF.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I imagine they'll do this again next year. I hear this was a huge ratings hit so they'll have to.
It's not like FXX has much else.

Kangi

I think I do find modern Simpsons to still be enjoyable. Other than the later Mike Scully episodes and the rocky stretch of episodes signalling the transition to HD.

Of course, I see merit in how those who grew up watching Simpsons may hate to see its walking corpse still, but I think the mediocrity is somewhat over-exaggerated. I'll stick around for season 26, methinks.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Well I had fun watching the marathon. I missed out on a ton of it though so I still have lots to watch. lol

Futurama next!

Downhome

For those that haven't watched some of the most recent seasons until now, or those that have previously hated on them, did the marathon change your opinion of any of that now that you have watched so many of the episodes so close to one another?

terrisus

For those that haven't watched some of the most recent seasons until now, or those that have previously hated on them, did the marathon change your opinion of any of that now that you have watched so many of the episodes so close to one another?

There were more decent episodes after Maude dying than I had given it credit for, but, that definitely was the point where things fell apart and never fully recovered, and things were very hit-or-miss and often problem-filled after.

Downhome

Yeah - being 31 myself, and having watched it starting with the 2nd season, it's kind of like having your life flash in front of your eyes.

I'm 34, and that's exactly how I felt while watching this. So many memories, so many instant flashbacks that took me back to where I personally was in life when the episodes originally aired. Incredible. They can continue to air new episodes for as long as they want as far as I'm concerned.

Jon Armdog

Man, I can't believe I watched so much of that. I wasn't really planning on watching any of the Marathon, and I ended up tuning in for probably half of it...and yes, if I see another commercial for The League, I'm going to kill myself.

Glad I got to see the more recent stuff. I hadn't seen a new episode in like 6-7 years, but they were better than I thought they'd be. I'm sick of the Marge/Homer marital strife or affair plotlines, and I could go for more fast forward to the future episodes, but overall its pretty funny. Not as good as Futurama or South Park, but better than Family Guy.

SCReuter

The newer seasons were a lot better than I was expecting. I'm going to start paying attention to the show again, which I haven't done in over ten years.

Downhome

The newer seasons were a lot better than I was expecting. I'm going to start paying attention to the show again, which I haven't done in over ten years.

Yeah, the show rebounded quite a bit over the last few seasons. I hate that so many former fans have ignored it. It isn't where it was once, obviously, but it is pretty great every now and then and it is more consistently good now than it has been in years.

Ahasverus

The newfond love for the lastest seasons warms my heart. Hopefully the new writers watched 2 or 3 old episodes so they can adapt new storylines with a little more of heart,

UberTag

I really have to wonder why they got Glenn Close again for just two lines.
Seems like a waste now.
They wasted DeVito on a couple lines in Season 24 as well.
Almost makes you wonder if they asked Hoffman to voice some pointless dialogue during that one-off Mr. Bergstrom appearance and he refused.

the_simpsons_fxx_marathon_1_episode_watched.png

The Ullman-era Simpsons haunt the modern-era Simpsons in this year's Treehouse of Horror episode, btw.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
^ hah, that's a pretty good idea. Could be a decent segment potentially. I have to get back to watching the supposedly good s19 and beyond eps sometime. The lists in the thread will come in handy.

liquidtmd

Banned
Someday, Paramount will do a Trek Marathon. Then it shall hold the record!

2016 - 50th anniversary Marathon of all Trek series from TOS onwards, all movies culminating with the announcement that the end of the new Trek movie will conclude as a trilogy with a final action reverting Neros deviation of the Timeline and the reveal of a new Trek 22 episode per season show that will occur in the original universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom