• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW minna no/everybody/ Hotshot Golf project for PS4 (open world entertaiment golf)

sn00zer

Honestly....crazy hyped for this....played literally all of the hotshots games on consoles since the PS1 days....glad they are finally mixing it up.

Honestly just make it a low-key PS All-Stars golf. Delsin must putt against Toro and Sly.

A Wii Sports Club style model with more to do when you don't pay would be great. Have the games be more in depth than Wii Sports, with the full features of of Hot Shots Golf/Tennis. That would be wonderful.

I think we might be getting ahead of ourselves when it comes to non-golf stuff - that trailer was clearly very golf focused.

Yeah but not too many cross over characters. Hot Shots has a certain art style and charm to it.

Yeah but not too many cross over characters. Hot Shots has a certain art style and charm to it.

we already had Kratos in HSG, if he can get in, everyone else can.
2781665329_c399cf6402.jpg

Niks

Hot shots golf for PS4 was a no brainer, glad they announced it.

However, looks like they are just starting this project, which means we will not see it anytime soon.

CamHostage

Didn't see it mentioned, but Clap Hanz is making the game (or at least is excited about being involved in it... can't imagine they wouldn't be the makers, but just to note.)

https://twitter.com/Clap_Hanz/status/506333006902992896

Rough Google Translate:
There was a presentation of "NEW MINGOL PROJECT" Shuhei Yoshida-san of SCE Worldwide Studios at SCEJA Press Conference 2014 today! You can not tell a detailed information yet. Please wait for the (next spring) follow-up!

Elios83

Would be cool to have a resort with multiple sports like golf and tennis plus other social activities. Basically Minna no Golf+Tennis+Home.

GameSeeker

About time, I've been waiting for a Hotshot Golf announcement for PS4.

The downside is that is looks like the game is still very far away...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Tons of cosmetic DLC, core HSG gameplay intact, everybody's tennis DLC, Morpheus support. Ey could make it a really nice hotshots hub to last the generation.

I hope it isn't too far away. Lack of any gameplay footage is worrying, but they had 2015 titles showing nothing more than Cg trailers, so fingers crossed this is out in 2015 (worldwide)

Jay Sosa

Tons of cosmetic DLC, core HSG gameplay intact, everybody's tennis DLC, Morpheus support. Ey could make it a really nice hotshots hub to last the generation.

I hope it isn't too far away. Lack of any gameplay footage is worrying, but they had 2015 titles showing nothing more than Cg trailers, so fingers crossed this is out in 2015 (worldwide)

Am I misinterpreting your post or are you actually asking for DLC?

Anyway I would love to see the game have a mode that plays somewhat similar to HST on the PSP, that game was bloody brilliant.

we already had Kratos in HSG, if he can get in, everyone else can.

Fuck is this shit..seriously?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Am I misinterpreting your post or are you actually asking for DLC?

Anyway I would love to see the game have a mode that plays somewhat similar to HST on the PSP, that game was bloody brilliant.

Fuck is this shit..seriously?

Yes I am. Cosmetic DLC for characters makes sense and lets you personalise your game. And a paid for add-on for tennis would make sense to me.

Alternatively sell golf/tennis separately but they join up if you have both

Exis

I want SimGolf where I make the resort and put it on the network and others can play it- anybody ever make a game like that?

Arzehn

The artstyle seems a bit unusual for this series. It's not as cartoony at the previous HSGs, the environments look kind of realistic while the characters look like Mii's, I wonder if they are trying to appeal to the west for this title instead of just Japan.

Just wish we had a direct feed of the trailer.

Griss

The artstyle seems a bit unusual for this series. It's not as cartoony at the previous HSGs, the environments look kind of realistic while the characters look like Mii's, I wonder if they are trying to appeal to the west for this title instead of just Japan.

Just wish we had a direct feed of the trailer.

To be fair the courses were always quite realistic compared to what was possible at the time, just very bright and cheery. That's where Hot Shots has always been different from something like Mario Golf - the courses are very serious. So the new images make sense for a new Everybody's Golf. However the stylised characters may look further out of place now, it remains to be seen.

As for the person who wanted PS All-Stars Golf - good god no. Just... please no.

NeoRausch

Back from a long work day.

WHAT NOW?!
I'LL EAGLE THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR WORLD ADVENTURES!
DAMM!

Always ready for some golf action!

boingball

I still don't understand why they don't marry LBP and Hot Shots Golf.
That to me seems like a no-brainer.

Create your own golf course, Share your golf courses, Play your golf courses.

Of course The Golf Club beat them to it.

Griss

I still don't understand why they don't marry LBP and Hot Shots Golf.
That to me seems like a no-brainer.

Create your own golf course, Share your golf courses, Play your golf courses.

Of course The Golf Club beat them to it.

Probably three reasons for that. The first is that LittleBigPlanet is terrible, while Everybody's Golf has a track record of near perfection. You gain nothing from adding LBP into the mix.

The second is that creating a 'course designer' would take serious time and money, even more to get it to any kind of decent standard. That's not where their focus should be - it should be on core gameplay, game modes and their own course design. EG isn't going to sell millions so they need to be sensible with their budget, and they need to get the game out sometime in 2015.

The last is that in golf, course design is everything. I, like many people, would prefer a curated, specially designed experience in that regard, where every fairway, bunker and green has been played and tested hundreds of times before release. I find that level design tools rarely match what pro game designers can do with actual dev tools. I also prefer to learn a really great course inside out and try to master it rather than playing a new one each time. The 9 courses of Everybody's Golf for the Vita/PS3 was plenty for me. If we got up to 12 courses in the next one (after DLC etc) then I'd be more than happy.

As you say, the golf club is doing this if that's your bag. It looks damn underwhelming to me. And this one could yet have you building your own resort course, I suppose. We'll see what happens.

Jay Sosa

Probably three reasons for that. The first is that LittleBigPlanet is terrible, while Everybody's Golf has a track record of near perfection. You gain nothing from adding LBP into the mix..

Hahaha my thoughts exactly.

Yes I am. Cosmetic DLC for characters makes sense and lets you personalise your game

No doubt..but how about not making me pay extra money for that after I already shelled out SEVENTY FUCKING BUCKS?

who is Bob Green? fictional character like Kevin Butler? or actually someone from resort business working together with Sony?

Afaik he's the owner of some of the biggest golf resorts in all of asia. Irc he's even in the Asian Version of the Forbes Top 100.

Dude, seriously?

Top Bottom