• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

guerrilla games new ip "horizon" concept art leaked [Up2: Third artwork]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedelias

There's a dedicated single player. Gorgeous landscapes, snowy tundras, jungles, vast savannahs, open world comparable to the Witcher. Cool weapons, villages and towns to encounter, "tribal" societies...gun b gud.

Oh fuckkk too much hype. Really hope this is going to hit late 2015, though 2016 seems more likely...

foxtrot3d

Banned
That concept art does nothing for me, I'm not a fan of just throwing crazy totally polar opposite things together. But, I await the actual reveal.

SerRodrik

Someone should really put the known information in the OP.
  • Open world RPG
  • Third Person
  • Female protagonist
  • John Gonzales is the lead writer (Fallout: New Vegas)
  • Single player and co-op multiplayer

There's a dedicated single player. Gorgeous landscapes, snowy tundras, jungles, vast savannahs, open world comparable to the Witcher. Cool weapons, villages and towns to encounter, "tribal" societies...gun b gud.

Oh...oh my...everything here sounds delightful.

sn00zer

An exclusive open world game sounds insanely risky

Hamlet

Oh my E3 can't come soon enough as the more I hear the more I want to see the game in action.

giphy.gif

Vire

Seems incredibly silly... not sure I like the idea of "fuck it, we know we are terrible with stories, let's put dinosaur robots in our game".

I'm sure it'll be beautiful though.

Game4life

Banned
Seems incredibly silly... not sure I like the idea of "fuck it, we know we are terrible with stories, let's put dinosaur robots in our game".

What is the connection there? Also how many riveting stories have we had from FPS dev's in the past few years. I can personally count prob 2-3.

Pathos

Banned
Wow it looks great
Those people (the old man and presumably the protagonist) really remind me of Game of Thrones characters

sn00zer

Is that not what Sunset Overdrive is?

What do you mean?

First party open world games in last gen were pretty much unheard of. The cost of resources to make something as detailed and large as GTA/Fallout/Witcher 3 etc. are easier to take when you release on 2 consoles and PC. Releasing on only one console with the same fidelity to rival multiplatform open wold games is one hell of a risk.

I assume even with the case of Sunset, Insomniac and MS are both eating some of the costs, while all of Guerilla's costs are being paid out by Sony by themselves.

hydruxo

This is like the game I've always wanted. I'm trying to maintain my hype levels so I'm not disappointed, but damn. E3 is so far away!

injurai

Banned
I like the art, but I'm really tired of guns.

Can we go back to swords and magic please?

If you're being fair, there is a lot of archaic weaponry in games as well. What we need is sufficiently innovative gameplay mechanics. Designed to encourage skill and effort, but to also present us challenges that force us to think at strategize and can't be overcome by learning THE solution to the gameplay.

First party open world games in last gen were pretty much unheard of. The cost of resources to make something as detailed and large as GTA/Fallout/Witcher 3 etc. are easier to take when you release on 2 consoles and PC. Releasing on only one console with the same fidelity to rival multiplatform open wold games is one hell of a risk.

I assume even with the case of Sunset, Insomniac and MS are both eating some of the costs, while all of Guerilla's costs are being paid out by Sony by themselves.

Budgets of open world games aren't necessarily higher than games that are more linear, it can differ from studio to studio. Guerrilla isn't the only first party Sony team working on an open world game anyway. They feel they can recoup the costs and deliver a compelling game so they go for it. We'll see how it turns out.

David___

Banned
Budgets of open world games aren't necessarily higher than games that are more linear, it can differ from studio to studio. Guerrilla isn't the only first party Sony team working on an open world game anyway. They feel they can recoup the costs and deliver a compelling game so they go for it. We'll see how it turns out.

You tease :(

Oh??

Please let that be Japan Studio's rumored JRPG.

Replicant

Tell me more, tell me moar, do we wear the bear suit?

HNNNNNGHH!

sn00zer

I just think open world games are much more quickly and easily compared to each other. GTAV kicked expectations for open world detail into the stratosphere. I get the feeling a lot of companies reconsidered their open world plans once GTAV came out, WatchDogs was the most obvious. More recently Infamous got numerous complaints of the lifelessness of the city, with many immediate comparisons to GTAV. Its one thing to build an open worl, its another to fill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom