• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer (Customization & Co-Op)

From what we know (almost nothing), I guess you're wrong.

1) The "E3" image is from the Gamescom gameplay. 2 months after E3.

2) Look at Arno's cloak. It has been shortened after E3 when we saw the Gamescom gameplay in Notre-Dame. So I guess the "New trailer" build is older than the E3 build. It's actually an upgrade.

1)Thanks for the correction.

2) Oh my god guys, the jaggies, the lack of fog, and the best part, a longer cloak makes it an upgrade.

woen

1)Thanks for the correction.

2) Oh my god guys, the jaggies, the lack of fog, and the best part, a longer cloak makes it an upgrade.

You didn't understand what I said, too bad for you, I'll try to explain instead of making fun of you.

You think — based of nothing other than the released date of the videos, which means nothing — that the "New trailer" gameplay is a downgrade from the "Gamescom" gameplay and that the GC was recorded after the trailer released today.

But we can strongly think the other way around based on the fact the cloak or Arno was shortened in the Gamescom trailer — and it was the only outfit edit we saw. So the longer cloak in the E3 trailer — the same we see in the Customization trailer — may means that it was captured from an old build and unlike what you say it would mean an upgrade.

In other words, your comparison is based on nothing and the only little proof we have proves the opposite of your hypothesis.

eshwaaz

How can a game that looks this good have blood effects that look so bad? Smoke also looks like a step backward from Black Flag.

sjay1994

You didn't understand what I said, too bad for you, I'll try to explain instead of making fun of you.

You think — based of nothing other than the released date of the videos, which means nothing — that the "New trailer" gameplay is a downgrade from the "Gamescom" gameplay and that the GC was recorded after the trailer released today.

But we can strongly think the other way around based on the fact the cloak or Arno was shortened in the Gamescom trailer — and it was the only outfit edit we saw. So the longer cloak in the E3 trailer — the same we see in the Customization trailer — may means that it was captured from an old build and unlike what you say it would mean an upgrade.

In other words, your comparison is based on nothing and the only little proof we have proves the opposite of your hypothesis.

We have no idea when that clip in the trailer was taken from.

I saw the gamescom demo in person at fanexpo with all the effects and the tree being played by a person. And yes it was on a PC with xbox one specs.

People are jumping to ridiculous conclusions about downgrades post watch dogs for inconsistancies for which we have no idea when the clip was taken.

Fuck this trailer looks more polished than anything I have seen from unity so far. Its an upgrade in my book.

Kezen

Banned
I would like to know the thought process behind promotional videos plagued by such severe aliasing. It looks horrible and I'm no IQ ayatollah by any strech of the word.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Fuck this trailer looks more polished than anything I have seen from unity so far. Its an upgrade in my book.
Combat animations certainly look way less janky than they did at gamescom. Parkour looks a bit improved too but that's maybe because they were using an upgraded character who specializes in navigation.

ironcreed

Banned
I'm a fool. I had myself convinced that I was going to skip Assassin's Creed this year, as I felt it was going back to more of the same old, same old. But after watching this and then watching the E3 demo again, I folded like a cheap lawn chair and pre-ordered. I was wrong, the game looks fantastic and I am very much looking forward to exploring a drool-worthy old world France amidst the turmoil of the French Revolution.

valkyre

is there any new information regarding the game's resolution on consoles?

Shouldn't we have heard something by now?

I haven't finished an Assassin's Creed game since Brotherhood. I'm thinking about picking this up But I'm concerned about everything I've missed. Am I ok just jumping into this one?

Shredderi

I haven't finished an Assassin's Creed game since Brotherhood. I'm thinking about picking this up But I'm concerned about everything I've missed. Am I ok just jumping into this one?

Same boat here brother! Apparently Unity will have the players follow a different line of descendant instead of Desmond so maybe they're making it so new players can easily jump in. I mean in games like these the devs ALWAYS say how "this is actually the best point in the franchise for a player to jump in" every single game but I think Unity might actually be like that.

Customized assassin seems rudimentary perk stuff. I have no doubt gamers would opt for the least possible resistance option and abuse the stealth+smoke+X to awesome handbow/bladebow - just like it's predecessors.

Top Bottom