• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One October Preview detailed

Hubble

I prefer it being the last app because I was using IE snapped with the Destiny Public Event site to check when and where the next public event was. I would check and then unsnap, then snap again once we finished the event.

Maybe give an option to set it to that if you want, but don't make it the only thing.

I still want live tiles.

Nah def not the only thing. I would like it to make the snap center slightly bigger to include another title which can be 'Friends' as a selection rather than going to other screens.

E92 M3

Whatever the next update is, I'm sure it won't be as cool as October. The new snap functionality adds so much to the console.

Doffen

Will MS change the XB1 interface to match windows 10? If thats the case, we may bring new functions aswell.

Hmmm

JJ9NAwN.png

Mask

Man, I really hope the October update isn't too far into the month! I really want to see how well the Xbox handles MKV files..

I got invited right near the beginning of September, and still nothing..

arhra

it does. I wish it were more consistent. Half the time it doesn't register and takes me to the dash area.

One thing I've found that helps when using the non-preview double-tap functionality (not in the preview, but I use it for initiating snap/switching regularly enough that I ran into that same issue) is to hold the second tap for a half-second or so, just to make sure it registers.

The button seems kinda finicky, and a light tap, that doesn't fully depress the button often won't be registered at all.

Question: I left my new One on last night to download a game, using Instant-On background downloads. So, it was kind of off.

It's still on, and I want to play something. Would it be good for it if I did a hard reset, and switched back to the other setting where it's off unless in use? Or should I just continue in Instant On until I'm done?

jay23

Will MS change the XB1 interface to match windows 10? If thats the case, we may bring new functions aswell.

Hope it brings universal apps, they've been taking about that for a while. Seems like it's finally getting implemented based on that picture.

frontieruk

Question: I left my new One on last night to download a game, using Instant-On background downloads. So, it was kind of off.

It's still on, and I want to play something. Would it be good for it if I did a hard reset, and switched back to the other setting where it's off unless in use? Or should I just continue in Instant On until I'm done?

As long as it's not updating you can do what you want, mine got reset a few times Monday night as I browsed the foreign market places ;)

Rereading what you said the console didn't turn off? Do you have auto of after x hours switched on? If not and you didn't turn it off it would of stayed on, the background download feature would allow you switch the console Of via the controller or face button and would look switched off with no face light lit but the download would continue or restart a bit later when it checked in to see if it was due an update.

muzzymate

Can someone else confirm? It appears that Microsoft may have delivered some basic system-wide DIAL (Chromecast) support for at least Youtube to the Xbox One dashboard. This always worked when the Youtube app was open, but the Youtube app wasn't running either in the foreground or background.

mGOZLnd.png

The Youtube app was closed, I was in Xbox Music. I selected Xbox (the hostname of my Xbox One) from the Youtube picker, and it launched the Youtube app (with the red loading screen) and started playing the video at the exact location where it was in iOS.

Note: The other devices listed are my TiVo boxes which also have DIAL support for Youtube.

Lynn616

Can someone else confirm? It appears that Microsoft may have delivered some basic system-wide DIAL (Chromecast) support for at least Youtube to the Xbox One dashboard. This always worked when the Youtube app was open, but the Youtube app wasn't running either in the foreground or background.

mGOZLnd.png

The Youtube app was closed, I was in Xbox Music. I selected Xbox (the hostname of my Xbox One) from the Youtube picker, and it launched the Youtube app (with the red loading screen) and started playing the video at the exact location where it was in iOS.

Note: The other devices listed are my TiVo boxes which also have DIAL support for Youtube.

Actually came to this thread to ask this myself. Just noticed this.

Saw this icon on top of my iOS youtube app.

3ZOMjfy.png

Clicking lets you connect and stream to your Xbox One.

AlUEzz3.png

Works in iOS Netflix as well.

darkth

Banned
Does anyone have a spare invite to the preview program? please!!!! i really need to watch my movies on my big ass tv!! :)

ryan299

I wish the new snap center happened with one push of the home button and going home was double. Still a really cool feature. I'm glad they added it.

link1201

A new update is out. Anyone know what it is?
This is it I believe.
A system update is being released for you to preview beginning today, 10/03/2014, after 6:00pm PDT. This update contains a fix for issues reported by the community, including a brief moments of white static while watching Live TV.

HOW TO GET IT
◾If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
◾NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
◾If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 10/05/2014, you will be prompted to do so at that time..

DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1410.141001-2100
Available: 6PM PDT 10/03 (2AM GMT 10/04)

FIXES
◾When resuming from connected standby, you should no longer experience white static on screen.
◾A fix for the previously known issue when resuming from Instant-On mode and the only twist available is Home.
◾When playing Forza 5 or Forza Horizon 2, you should no longer experience crashes during a race, or be unable to launch games following the crash. ◾If you still experience this issue, please let us know by reporting the problem via the Feedback app, and by posting on the forums.

KNOWN ISSUES
◾While playing a game with an app snapped, you may experience screen tearing or stuck frames if you suspend the game and launch the Live TV app while using a 7.1 surround sound device. ◾Workaround: Quit the game before launching the Live TV app.

Thank you for your participation in the Preview program!

VinFTW

I wish the new snap center happened with one push of the home button and going home was double. Still a really cool feature. I'm glad they added it.

OMG. This. So much this.

Pressing the button once should give us the snap w/ Friends, Messages, etc then one more press for snap-center (dpad) and double tap for home.

Mask

Neither of you have your GTs in your public profile, but if you add me and shoot me a message I'll shoot you an invite.

GT: Poodlestrike

Just added you as a friend and going to send you a message about an invite if it's alright with you. My GT is Splatternick, so that's me addin you as a friend.

Did get invited before, but that was a month and a half ago, so I think something went wrong somewhere with that invite.

Top Bottom