• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghosts added to Sims 4 via patch, Swimming Pools and New Jobs coming later for free

jakomocha

Saw some talk of this in the Sims 4 OT, but no new thread for it which I thought it deserved considering how many people were upset about these things being taken out. Ghosts are available in a update right now, I believe.
• October brings the spoooooky addition of Ghosts to The Sims 4. Your dead Sims can now rejoin the world of the living, where they maintain all the attributes they had a as a Sim, but with special new behaviors based on how they died. Invite them to join your Sims’ household and they can be playable characters; if you dare, you might even find a way to bring your ghosts back to life.
• Did you feel that disturbance in The Force? It was probably our new Star Wars Costume Set. Outfit your Sims in Luke Skywalker’s X-wing pilot suit, Leia’s white robes and awesome cinnamon buns, Darth Vader’s suit and, yes, even Yoda. I mean, who out there hasn’t dressed as Yoda for Halloween, right? Now you can in The Sims 4, too!
• Community requests like new eye colors are in there, too. I have personally just given all my Sims purple eyes. Because I can. We’ve also fixed a few minor bugs as well.

Next come two more major updates:

• In November, get your Sim-suits ready (too much pun? Sorry!) because pools will make their triumphant debut in The Sims 4.

• December is Put-Your-Sims-To-Work Month, as we introduce new Career paths and rewards.

All of these updates will be free for our players in The Sims 4. Just log in to Origin and download the patches as we release them. Each update will be full of great content and some surprises. Think that gnomes only live in gardens? Clearly, you’re not playing enough of The Sims 4.
Toddlers next, right EA?
RIGHT?

I'm pretty surprised. I was certain they'd release it in an EP or SP, so this is pretty cool. Also, the way you die affects your ghost (i.e., if a Sim died from a fire they can cause fires).
Sources:

Put me in an expansion pack if old.

213372bu

Banned
I'm guessing the rest they trashed from Sims 2 and 3 is gonna be in the paid DLC.

Either way, I'll be glad to play as soon as they get a patch out that doesnt cause my saves to be lost due to the constant crashing.

I don't need to make a million and 5 sims to play past the first week.

Wow. Have they ever released Sims content for free via a patch before? I'm flabbergasted.

As one of the people that enjoys Sims 4, this is a welcome move.

Trigger

Cool. I respect that they at least realize that they're not going to get away with just reselling me everything again.

Zareka

Great that they're putting this stuff in for free. I hope they keep it up. I know asking for an entire life stage in a patch is a bit much, but with how huffy puffy they got with pools being too hard, they managed that pretty well.

C'mon terrain deformation next. Oh, and gimme locked doors/bed ownership. I'd think that's pretty simple to put in.
Wow. Have they ever released Sims content for free via a patch before? I'm flabbergasted.

As one of the people that enjoys Sims 4, this is a welcome move.
A good few expansion pack features are usually patched in just before a packs launch. I remember Sims 3 had memories patched in without requiring an expansion purchase.

JoeBoy101

If they throw toddlers in as a free update it will go a LONG way to improving my opinion of Maxis from the gutter they are in. The game is, in all fairness, pretty decent. But it badly needs this missing content.

Cool, I'll wait 6 months to a year and see where all the previously included content resides and how much of it is in paid DLC. I do enjoy the Sims quite a lot so I'll probably get it eventually

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
At least they are trying to get some faith back. But they definitely need to put toddler in for free.

jakomocha

At least they are trying to get some faith back. But they definitely need to put toddler in for free.
If they throw toddlers in as a free update it will go a LONG way to improving my opinion of Maxis from the gutter they are in. The game is, in all fairness, pretty decent. But it badly needs this missing content.

I would love it if they added toddlers for free, but I highly doubt they will. It'll probably come in the form of some new type of Generation expansion pack.

I really miss the open world from Sims 3 though. Sure, it was glitchy, but it really gave everything a connected feel. Same with the story progression, which albeit not very polished, made the world feel vibrant and living (especially with mods). Sadly, I don't see these things as ever getting patched in or added in Expansion Packs :(. Other NPC's though (like firemen, police, etc.) will probably get added later on, although my guess is in an EP.

Imouto

Banned
I'm surprised that all those shouting finally work. Guess the sale isn't meeting their expectation or something?

diamount

Banned
I'm surprised that all those shouting finally work. Guess the sale isn't meeting their expectation or something?

It's more likely that since EA has a habit of rushing things out of the door to meet deadlines, features that won't seen as pivotal for the games launch were left to be implemented in a patch later on.

It's more likely that since EA has a habit of rushing things out of the door to meet deadlines, features that won't seen as pivotal for the games launch were left to be implemented in a patch later on.

I'm with this. EA has made a habit of giving away free DLC recently.

Top Bottom