• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

Dougald

My two favourite bikes from Cologne couldn't be more different really, the R1200RS and the Scrambler. That BMW is just gorgeous.

New Retro looking BELL helmets

IYcj2cZ.jpg

Dougald

I've been lusting after those on Motolegends for a while now...

p6KH3mT.jpg

If I still had the Bonneville I'd be in like a shot, the perfect lid for a retro-y bike or cruiser. Reasonably priced (for a helmet) at £300 too.

Dougald

That Yamaha looks pretty nice actually. It's still no Street Triple, but I see they're making a 74bhp and a presumably A2-compliant 50bhp version, so perfect for younger riders.

Still not a massive fan of the lower-headlight, but unlike the BMW I'm sure this will be cheaper than the Triumph.

Nicer shot of that new RX.... but at £8149 it's definitely too rich for my blood. For that price I'd expect something over a litre or with an Italian flag on it

That Yamaha looks pretty nice actually. It's still no Street Triple, but I see they're making a 74bhp and a presumably A2-compliant 50bhp version, so perfect for younger riders.

Still not a massive fan of the lower-headlight, but unlike the BMW I'm sure this will be cheaper than the Triumph.

Nicer shot of that new RX.... but at £8149 it's definitely too rich for my blood. For that price I'd expect something over a litre or with an Italian flag on it

Damn that matt silver is very nice.

Dougald

Finally got around to installing my carbon tankpad on the Street Triple. Looks alright, at the very least it covers up the scratches the previous owner made due to not having a tankpad. I've also ordered some yellow reflective rim tape, which will either look incredibly cool, or chavvy as all hell and I'll have to remove it

That's about the extent to which I'll bother to customize a bike I'm afraid! I would like to stick an airhorn on over the winter, but I'm having trouble finding one that's compact enough for a naked.

Finally got around to installing my carbon tankpad on the Street Triple. Looks alright, at the very least it covers up the scratches the previous owner made due to not having a tankpad. I've also ordered some yellow reflective rim tape, which will either look incredibly cool, or chavvy as all hell and I'll have to remove it

That's about the extent to which I'll bother to customize a bike I'm afraid! I would like to stick an airhorn on over the winter, but I'm having trouble finding one that's compact enough for a naked.

I also went out and got a tank pad but my it seams to make small scuff marks just where the tank pad does not cover. hehe my luck. I see some guys use this 3M stuff. Looks awesome and looks easy to fit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLWprn5jTXw

Dougald

4.JPG

I'm tempted. HELP.

My co-worker offered to sell me his 2012 Ducati Monster 796.

$8,000.
Less than 4,000 Miles.
Anti-Lock Brake System.
Leo Vince Exhaust.
Clean.

I could probably sell my current for about $4,000... hmmmmm.

MutFox

Banned
4.JPG

I'm tempted. HELP.

My co-worker offered to sell me his 2012 Ducati Monster 796.

$8,000.
Less than 4,000 Miles.
Anti-Lock Brake System.
Leo Vince Exhaust.
Clean.

I could probably sell my current for about $4,000... hmmmmm.

I'd buy that for $8000... Fuck yeah! XD

Also that YAMAHA XJR1300 as said before looks better without the fairing...
Or maybe just a different bikini fairing.

It's $10.500 new, right? I'd compare the 8k price with similar bikes in your area. But it seems like a pretty good deal.

As for the bike itself, it's pretty much perfect. Just as good as the 1100.

-------------------

Is that blue XJR what they're actually going to be selling? I can never tell with these bullshit custom versions they present in favor of the actual product.

Is that blue XJR what they're actually going to be selling? I can never tell with these bullshit custom versions they present in favor of the actual product.

The blue one seems to be showing up in a lot of videos about the bike so I'm hoping it does. Then again if it doesn't come to the US it doesn't really matter for me haha.

GONZO

Think it's the two of us? Gonzo had an 1100 EVO, but he's got that srsly pretty Brutale now.

Yup I did have an EVO for about 12 thousand miles. never had one issue with it and it road beautifully. I highly recommend air-cooled monster to anyone thinking about it. Thanks for the compliment on the Brutale Fallout. Though I'm thinking of getting a Full throttle scrambler to join the brutale in the stable. :p

Rahk

I must have that Ducati Scrambler. I am just about to get my full license so good timing, provided it's coming to Australia.

Dougald

Really easy, it was a basic kit off eBay for £5 so there wasn't an applicator or anything, just a bunch of sheets of pre-curved tape.

Just clean the rims with some surgical spirit (rubbing alcohol in the US), then just slowly stick each segment on an inch or so at a time. Took about 20 minutes to do the whole bike

Wheel tape & Tank Pad ("carbon fibre", barely visible) installed

29pURyb.jpg

Nice, I like how it matches the calipers.

Yup I did have an EVO for about 12 thousand miles. never had one issue with it and it road beautifully. I highly recommend air-cooled monster to anyone thinking about it. Thanks for the compliment on the Brutale Fallout. Though I'm thinking of getting a Full throttle scrambler to join the brutale in the stable. :p

Yeah, no problem!

And a Scrambler, that should complement the Brutale nicely (like a more civilized counterpart).

Dougald

Winter is on the way and I finally pulled the trigger on some new cold weather gloves:

bljds7n.jpg

These are excellent, there are actually individual fingers on the inner layer, and they feel very warm. They do however come with a Rukka price tag of £100

Watevaman

Does anyone else dream about their bikes? I just woke up from a nap almost sweating because I dreamt that I dropped the ZRX.

Ok, I guess it was more of a nightmare but you get it.

Does anyone else dream about their bikes? I just woke up from a nap almost sweating because I dreamt that I dropped the ZRX.

I'm riding my bike more in my dreams than in reality. Son just hit 2 months old and with the change in sleep patterns my wife and I are jumping in every couple of hours to feed/change/burp/rock-to-sleep this kid. Was lucky to get around 2 hours of riding this past week. Good thing the riding season in California is almost year round. Need to get my 600 mi break in done before Thanksgiving :D

I'm still surprised my wife let me get a bike, was absolutely sure that fatherhood robbed me of this opportunity.

I'm riding an 1100 evo here in Canada too, posted pics of it in the Rockies a few pages back from a trip I took it on this year

Yeah, that's right. Of course! So 3 Monsters then.

Perhaps we should do an OT sometime that keeps track of what everyone's riding.

I used to do that when I had just started riding. Makes sense that it would come back with a new bike though (feeling anxious over possibly damaging it).

I'm riding my bike more in my dreams than in reality. Son just hit 2 months old and with the change in sleep patterns my wife and I are jumping in every couple of hours to feed/change/burp/rock-to-sleep this kid. Was lucky to get around 2 hours of riding this past week. Good thing the riding season in California is almost year round. Need to get my 600 mi break in done before Thanksgiving :D

I'm still surprised my wife let me get a bike, was absolutely sure that fatherhood robbed me of this opportunity.

Haha that was my story.... my little one is now 11 months old and only started sleeping from 19:00 to 6:30 the last 3 weeks. Man I feel like a new man. My system does not work with broken sleep.

Good luck with the little one and if you know its going to get better then there is something to look forward to. A early morning bike ride clears the head and gives my power for the day.

Dougald

My wife wants a few years of riding in her before she gives it up to have kids (her words)

Me, I'll probably never give it up, but I doubt I'll be able to ride as much. I don't want to end up like my father in law (who has a kickass Velocette in his garage that he hasn't ridden since my wife was born, and now he's pushing 70 he's forgotten how)

My wife wants a few years of riding in her before she gives it up to have kids (her words)

Me, I'll probably never give it up, but I doubt I'll be able to ride as much. I don't want to end up like my father in law (who has a kickass Velocette in his garage that he hasn't ridden since my wife was born, and now he's pushing 70 he's forgotten how)

I am lucky as my wife gave the the green card to buy another new bike if we can have a baby. I jumped on that one haha. I use the bike to work every day and every second or third weekend I get out for a longer ride. It does get easier as the little one gets older. She is super excited when I arrive home on it and it makes me feel like a champ haha

I dont know if this has been posted... but this new bike is sure looking good. If you are looking for sport bike performance with a sport touring screen. I also do like the low positioned head lights

Suzuki GSX-S1000F

uD5b7mY.jpg

MutFox

Banned
So I was gonna get some Rukka jacket and pants for gear,
but this local place makes custom motorcycle gear...
Will have all the armour built in too...

So I'm designing some jacket and pants...
Hopefully they don't look ugly as sin when made.

Though the pricing was cheaper than buying the Rukka stuff.
Plus I won't have any logos on the gear...

MutFox

Banned
They took all my measurements, so at least it'll fit pretty well... :p
Also made sure that I can use the jacket without the pants without it looking short...

As for connecting the pants to the jacket,
should I just make it zip in the back or all the way around?

Uhm, all the way around is preferable (i.e. even safer), but the fact that you would have it so that it could zip up at all is a pretty big bonus over what most other riding gear offers. 2 piece leather overalls usually have a zipper to connect the pieces and some textile gear (when you matched the brand) will have a small zipper (15-20 cm zipper at the back), but it's certainly not standard in every case.

Dougald

What materials do they do, is it leather?

Sounds like it should be quality stuff, if I've learnt one thing about bike gear, it's buy cheap, buy twice

MutFox

Banned
It's full leather, not cheap,
but it was cheaper than the Rukka stuff.

They had a bunch of pre-made leather jackets there, and it all looked high quality.
Won't know until I've broken it in though.

They make custom gloves too, don't think I'll go down that route though...

It's full leather, not cheap,
but it was cheaper than the Rukka stuff.

They had a bunch of pre-made leather jackets there, and it all looked high quality.
Won't know until I've broken it in though.

They make custom gloves too, don't think I'll go down that route though...

Any idea how thick the leather is?

Dougald

I think regular leather stuff is something like 1.4mm+, with race suits I think 3-4mm+

Custom leather has got to be the way to go long-term, it'll last you forever. Just don't get fat! The cost of replacing my bike gear is my number one reason to control my diet, hah.

Dougald

There was a place mentioned in MCN a couple of years back that does full custom leathers for about £700, but I can't for the life of me remember the name

Top Bottom