• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man it's been awhile, maybe I should check club nintendo (NOA)...

One of these days, I'll order a bunch of those greeting cards, just to aid in the efforts to retire them from our sight.

A 100 years from now

"Grandma, what are Nintendogs greeting cards?"

"The last of a golden age my child."

"Can I spend my points on them?"

"No, that would be a waste."

"But I already have 252 Donkey Kong games."

"Maybe next month they will have something different, like Kid Icarus."

I'm happy to see Kirby's Dream Course because I've never played it and I love Kirby, but yeah - CN is in pretty bad shape right now. I have about 1400 coins and not much to spend them on.

At least I was able to get the Game & Watch Ball several people have mentioned, but also the G & W Collections for the DS, Hanafuda cards, a sweet Majora's Mask soundtrack, 3 of those 3ds card cases, various reversible pouches for the 3ds, various Platinum rewards like the playing cards and pins, and whatever else I've forgotten about. Club Nintendo is a bummer in its current state, but at least I was able to snag some cool stuff over the years.

Glass Joe

Regarding Wii VC as rewards: Looking at the sales figures, a lot of people would be left out if they ditched Wii for Wii U rewards only. At least Zoda's Revenge can be played on U in compatibility mode. When it comes to U, the upgrade will be a buck. So, it's something.

Of course, I already downloaded Zoda's Revenge last time it was offered (on my U) with the expectation that it will come out for U VC soon, which it still hasn't. So there definitely is a redundancy issue. But realistically, if they changed things up as often as we'd like, it could become an excuse for us to not buy 1st Party VC until it becomes a reward.

I understand the complaints but I treat it as the freebie program it is and appreciate it as such. It's not a paid membership, so I kind of expect junk and am elated when something cool does come around. But heck, this time I got Wrecking Crew (too often I grab nothing). Sure, it isn't even a game I would pay money for, but hey whatever.

Now, it would be cool if Nintendo would team up with other companies (the ocassional poor selling VC title or ''Ninty'' indie), but I'm rather sure Nintendo sticks with their own stuff only because they'd have to pay those companies otherwise.

Persona7

Banned
Does anyone know how many points you get for registering a wii u? I am going to have to make a new account when I get one next month.

I had a few hundred points on my old My Nintendo account but I forgot the password and my old email address is not accessable. I guess VC games are better than nothing.

IrishNinja

turns out dumping all those coins on the Luigi statue was the right choice for me - i kept thinking "what if they ever do like NOE did with that zelda TP statue..." but that is not a fear at all based in reality at this point

Raw64life

Like others I picked a really bad time to join Club Nintendo. Been platinum the last 2 years and 1 game away from gold this year, and I only bought a 3DS pouch for 150 coins a couple of years ago. Sitting on 1320 coins that it seems like I just may end up never using.

Yo fuck this, it's the gameboy donkey Kong

9FE1Ev1.png

Elija2

I wonder how many greetings cards they still have in their warehouse.

Also I love that they still had those screensavers up as recently as a few months ago.

bjork

The Animal Crossing posters are gone, huh? That was my only real experience with CN, but they were cool abut shipping out a corrected set of them for free after sending out the error set. So I have two sets of these posters in tubes collecting dust, I guess at least it's something because it's not a DL for a NES game.

Does anyone know how many points you get for registering a wii u? I am going to have to make a new account when I get one next month.

I had a few hundred points on my old My Nintendo account but I forgot the password and my old email address is not accessable. I guess VC games are better than nothing.
Wii U is 160 coins.

Top Bottom