• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rune Factory 4 Confirmed for Europe Digital Only

m0t0k1

Siliconera asked Xseed about the USK rating popping up and we can now confirm that is is truly coming although they said only in digital form:

from Xseed’s Executive VP, Ken Berry
“The situation is that we know the Rune Factory 4 fans in Europe have suffered enough with one cancellation already,” Berry said to Siliconera, “so we didn’t want to announce anything until the game passed [Nintendo of Europe] certification and we were sure its digital-only eShop release was imminent since we are using a different programming house to try to pick up where the original dev team left off.”

lock if old.

edit: looks like its coming pretty fast since they hope to start the master submission process in the coming weeks.

I am very excited for this game wanted this game in box form but you can't have everything. I will be there day 1 since this game is one of the reasons i bought a 3ds.

source

Andrefpvs

Fantastic how they went the extra step to make sure the game would be released in Europe. Lots of respect.

Also, obligatory "fuck you" to Nintendo for region-locking a portable console.

Reknoc

Thank you based xseed. Not even mad about it being digital only like SMT since the game was in such a weird situation.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Based Xseed. You are too good to us. I will continue to shower you with money for your efforts!

:D

Best news in a week.

Obligatory RAINBOW
tumblr_luyg3wvshT1qm6jfu.png

ZeroX03

Banned
Depending on the price I might jump in. Have not been a huge fan of past titles, though I still enjoy Harvest Moon.

DMiz

Fantastic news for a great game. Hope those who were still waiting after all this time manage to snag a digital copy. Enjoy!

I've recently imported 3, so I'm not that interested, even less so in digital form only. Especially, while good, I didn't like the third game nearly as much as the Wii title (and I haven't played the others), outside of the somewhat refreshing story. The quest system quite honestly sucks big time compared to the way more open, way bigger and less hand hold-y nature of Frontier and I suspect 4 rather follows the footsteps of 3. The fact that your village was already fully populated from the very beginning was also very irritating for a Harvest Moon game.

Err... why exactly are you guys expecting a reduced price? It has never been on sale in America and retailers still charge full price for it.

Also, the game is well worth the money, especially compared to some games that I shall not mention.

R.I.P

Awesome that the game is finally coming out in europe!
Good thing I bought a bigger sd card for SMT IV, now I can buy this instead as it's probably going to come out before Atlus can dump their game on eshop :)

Err... why exactly are you guys expecting a reduced price? It has never been on sale in America and retailers still charge full price for it.

Also, the game is well worth the money, especially compared to some games that I shall not mention.

Games that came out originally in retail format and were eventually only digital in one territory had a lower price tag; e.g. Code of Princess, Senran Kagura, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Ace Attorney 5, Ace Attorney Trilogy, Kokuga. When the retail version does not exist in a territory, the publisher does not have competition between versions so it can lower the retail price.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Digital only releases of retaruj gawes have seen reduced price since code of princess, not mentioning AA5 or SMT4
not saying that is not worthy per se

Games that came out originally in retail format and were eventually only digital in one territory had a lower price tag; e.g. Code of Princess, Senran Kagura, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Ace Attorney 5, Ace Attorney Trilogy, Kokuga. When the retail version does not exist in a territory, the publisher does not have competition between versions so it can lower the retail price.

I remember CoP being full priced.

Meneses

Digital only is not my method of choice, but i'll probably bite if the price is good.

Also, lol if this comes out before SMTIV.

Dee Dee

Can't quite believe yet that the game will come after all. Pretty much my type of game, so I am in, for full price even. Now let's just see when this releases, since I am quite overwhelmed by releases at the moment already (Fantasy Life, Theatrhythm, Smash...).

Also, good on them for announcing it only when it is absolutely confirmed to come. I assume they learned a thing or two from that ridiculous SMTIV release debacle.

Meneses

...Screw me...but that is a possibility.

Anyway, better than nothing but man does it sting.

I was super hyped for SMT, but that ship has
almost
sailed for me.

Rune Factory is a shiny, new hope. I'll prepare for the worst, just in case.

As I said in the last thread. It is a race against SMTIV now :p It would be really be egg on face if a canceled game comes out for that...

I really hope we're not counting our chickens before they hatch in either case.

I wonder if the reduced digital price was a consequence of a lack of price tiers in North America.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't nearly all 3DS games a flat $40 there. Or does America have $20,$30,$35 and $40 tiers for retail games?

In Europe retail tiers tend to be £30/€35, £35/€40, £40/€45. Only the A tier first party games can get away with being the top most one there. Third parties rarely try the topmost one.

m0t0k1

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't nearly all 3DS games a flat $40 there. Or does America have $20,$30,$35 and $40 tiers for retail games?

In Europe retail tiers tend to be £30/€35, £35/€40, £40/€45. Only the A tier first party games can get away with being the top most one there. Third parties rarely try the topmost one.

From most websites i checked is that 3rd party games are around $30 and 1st party $40 but most websites have sales on them if they aren't new. I hope we see a nice price for all the waiting but i am not expecting it.

L~A

Good news: game just got rated by PEGI, so release should be close.

PEGI requires the final version of the game (unlike the USK), so that means a release date shouldn't be announced soon. *crosses fingers*

Unrelated news: PEGI now have a "New Nintendo 3DS" category in their database :p

Good news: game just got rated by PEGI, so release should be close.

PEGI requires the final version of the game (unlike the USK), so that means a release date shouldn't be announced soon. *crosses fingers*

Unrelated news: PEGI now have a "New Nintendo 3DS" category in their database :p

Awesome, nice to hear that! :D But seriously at this rate we get games from Japan now I feel like I sooner or later I will need a job specifically for buying games :(

Top Bottom