• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spoony Experiment

Debasertron

Neo Member
I stopped watching his stuff after his meltdown and all the awkward rape comments he was making to a fellow channel awesome content producer. But uh, that's good he still entertains people... I guess?

Begaria

I stopped watching his stuff after his meltdown and all the awkward rape comments he was making to a fellow channel awesome content producer. But uh, that's good he still entertains people... I guess?

That meltdown was SPECtacular. However, he's in a far better place these days and personally I think his content has never been better. You might not know this, but he's actually in a pretty good relationship, and I think it has had a very positive affect on his life and his work in general. He's even been on a few Channel Awesome shows after he was fired.

That meltdown was SPECtacular. However, he's in a far better place these days and personally I think his content has never been better. You might not know this, but he's actually in a pretty good relationship, and I think it has had a very positive affect on his life and his work in general. He's even been on a few Channel Awesome shows after he was fired.

I met him at Too Many Games near Philly over the summer. Really cool, down to earth guy. The guy really does have the gift of gab.

Still a fan of his, and from what he said in one of the movie vlogs, I got him a couple bottles of soju for when I met him lol.

Debasertron

Neo Member

That's good. I know he was having a lot of personal issues and I get all that, but the whole thing was really off putting, and offensive. Right now I can't recall the specific things that were said, but I recall them being pretty atrocious (almost Phil Fish levels :p). But I may check out his site now if he's recovered (and is aware of how shitty that whole thing was).

s_mirage

He really seems in over his head with this idea.

I haven't watched his whole video yet but I'm really not sure this is going to be a good idea. It's one thing to promise something but it's a whole different ball game to actually deliver.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Umh, no more game reviews? I mean, it's month he does only wrestling and board games videos :S

No game reviews, no movie reviews...

I just check his homepage every month or so to see if he's got anything worth watching, but essentially as far as I am concerned the spoony experiment died out.

Metal B

Yeah, but he's done two in three months.
In his "Is Spoony doing a movie?"-Video he admitted , that his current workflow just doesn't work. His main problems are too many projects on his hand and that he still cuts all his videos on his own. So Noah stated, that he finally wanted to hire an editor, what is really overdue in my opinion.
I guess, he has still has nobody , since his news videos still took a long time after his statement. Which made him really look bad, after he promised a change in his schedule ...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
In his "Is Spoony doing a movie?"-Video he admitted , that his current workflow just doesn't work. His main problems are too many projects on his hand and that he still cuts all his videos on his own. So Noah stated, that he finally wanted to hire an editor, what is really overdue in my opinion.
I guess, he has still has nobody , since his news videos still took a long time after his statement. Which made him really look bad, after he promised a change in his schedule ...

I wonder how efficient is he when it comes to processing and editing material. Cutting is one of those things that if you follow certain rules while you generate the material can be done quite efficiently but if you just dump tapes and start hacking at it can easily become a nightmare.

He gets paid tons via Patreon but still doesn't upload videos very often. >_>

1 video a week should me the minimum. Especially when he's getting paid so much to do this and when the content types vary so greatly (I'm not interested in half of the stuff he makes).

The guy's come along way from his FFVIII days anyway. Good for him.

GavinGT

Banned
I forget about this guy for like 6 months at a time, then visit his site expecting a wealth of new content. Turns out there's like 1 thing worth watching.

I forget about this guy for like 6 months at a time, then visit his site expecting a wealth of new content. Turns out there's like 1 thing worth watching.

Same here, but I have to say that I really like to listen to his hours long rambles about whatever, mostly wrestling... and I don't care for wrestling at all these days but I listen to all of it (mostly while doing something else like drawing)

TheContact

He hasn't created anything decent since his epic Ultima reviews. His best works are ff8 and Ultima. Phantasmagoria was really fun to watch too. I don't expect anything else out of him for a long time. He's only interested in comics and wrestling. Not my cup of tea. He should grow up a bit. He's got a mental disability but I'm glad he's in a nice relationship. He's gonna have another meltdown if he gets dumped again tho. Always liked Noah except when he belittled his fans. Can't get over that.

orochi91

Many posters on that site seem pissed, especially comments for that movie announcement.

They think he's full shit with his constant claims of being more time efficient and putting out more content in a timely manner.

This guy probably never has time to go to the movies or finish a game these days.

Terrible time management.

He hasn't created anything decent since his epic Ultima reviews. His best works are ff8 and Ultima. Phantasmagoria was really fun to watch too. I don't expect anything else out of him for a long time. He's only interested in comics and wrestling. Not my cup of tea. He should grow up a bit. He's got a mental disability but I'm glad he's in a nice relationship. He's gonna have another meltdown if he gets dumped again tho. Always liked Noah except when he belittled his fans. Can't get over that.

Meeting him in person definitely helps. Such an energetic guy that can keep talking and talking (not in a bad way). He definitely loves what he does, but yeah, he can be a bit better with time management.

haha a lot of his fans are getting pissed :p

A movie? he ain't AVGN

Well I mean I don't think it's possible to be worse than AVGN The Movie.

I actually had decent fun watching the Channel Awesome yearly movies (especially Kickassia) since they remind me of the stupid movies me and my friends used to do as kids but I'd imagine if he did one himself it has the danger of trying way too hard (like with AVGN Movie).

LiK

haven't seen him do anything new that i'm interested in. I even unfollowed him cuz he just rants about WWE and comics all day. his video content has gone downhill.

Zatoth

haven't seen him do anything new that i'm interested in. I even unfollowed him cuz he just rants about WWE and comics all day. his video content has gone downhill.

Yeah. Been the way a long time. But I really liked the "Massacre at Central High" videos. Especially part 2 was great.

Man, Spoonys rate of releasing videos feels like it's at an all-time low post Patreon :lol. Especially when I compare to someone like Sterling. I know Spoony uses a lot more time for editing and such but man, it feels like Jim shits out more content in a week than Spoony does in six months :d.

Fury451

Banned
Man, Spoonys rate of releasing videos feels like it's at an all-time low post Patreon :lol. Especially when I compare to someone like Sterling. I know Spoony uses a lot more time for editing and such but man, it feels like Jim shits out more content in a week than Spoony does in six months :d.

Supposedly his health factors into it.

I used to like Spoony for background entertainment, but it is painfully slow to get something new. When you do, it's usually a Counter Monkey.

LiK

what does he post these days? I haven't checked his stuff in a while. I gave up.

Fury451

Banned
really? geez

Im too lazy to look, but it's been quite awhile since he's done a videogame review I believe.

Most of it is Counter Monkey, Wrestling, Old/Crappy Movie, Board Game, Video Game.

In that order more or less. He doesn't even do new movie review Vlogs anymore, really.

Top Bottom