• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within PC Info from Bethesda

noomi

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not really sure what that means... maybe you can elaborate.

I gather I will just be able to set textures to a lower level while keeping everything else maxed with a 1080p rez and not go over 4gb vram? So it's the textures that need 4 gb of vram?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not really sure what that means... maybe you can elaborate.

I gather I will just be able to set textures to a lower level while keeping everything else maxed with a 1080p rez and not go over 4gb vram?

Rage and Wolf14 have such functionality but it doesn't appear to be an option here, which is why the FAQ recommends lowering the rendering resolution and possibly disabling/reducing other settings.

So it's the textures that need 4 gb of vram?

Yeah.

Skyzard

Banned
Hope you guys got your clean avatars backed up, countdown till gpu related meltdowns:

4 days and 1 hour

Preloading today apparently, make some room for dem megatextures.

Skyzard

Banned
So were you worried your game was not scary enough that you had to put the false fear of poor resolution and framerate in PC gamers?

What was all that about?

Why would you shoot yourselves in the balls like that?

Nvidia deal? Max console sales? Being dumb noobs?

-MD-

I does feel like there some sort of of agenda there for them to go out of their way and tell people with more than capable hardware that they'll barely be able to get the game to run.

It caused a lot of bad PR and worry for absolutely no reason, I'd like to hear from them what their angle was but we'll probably never know.

It's great, but the PR definitely shit on themselves.

So many no buys, refunds, and boycotting gamers because of stupidity on Bethesda's part... and given how shitty the game runs even on good hardware, I can't entirely blame people.

Now give me news on patches. Also, a damn shame to see PC gamer and other sites shitting on the game because of its ass-tacular performance and design choices. Thank god for PC mods.

Top Bottom