• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Ran a long-ish set with my friend's Azrael. Tons of fun, the game changes when you're able to skype/voice chat with the dude you're playing. Having real time feedback and the ability to take/give tips and respond on the fly is just too good. I know exactly what to train up when I hit the lab for the azrael matchup now.

That was kinda neat. Shame ArcSys is blue balling the console scene by not talking at all about how 2.0 is going to be distributed. Just announce that it's gonna be DLC and I'll happily buy Kokonoe Arc sys ... ;-;

Fugu

Ran a long-ish set with my friend's Azrael. Tons of fun, the game changes when you're able to skype/voice chat with the dude you're playing. Having real time feedback and the ability to take/give tips and respond on the fly is just too good. I know exactly what to train up when I hit the lab for the azrael matchup now.

That was kinda neat. Shame ArcSys is blue balling the console scene by not talking at all about how 2.0 is going to be distributed. Just announce that it's gonna be DLC and I'll happily buy Kokonoe Arc sys ... ;-;
I'll give you a hint: It'll be a minimum of six months after the arcade release. 50/50 mixup on free versus not free.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll give you a hint: It'll be a minimum of six months after the arcade release. 50/50 mixup on free versus not free.
I don't think he meant free vs not free, but rather DLC vs new retail copy.

Edit: I'm starting to miss this game. Interested in seeing how this new version plays out.

Fugu

I don't think he meant free vs not free, but rather DLC vs new retail copy.

Edit: I'm starting to miss this game. Interested in seeing how this new version plays out.
I've got a similar attitude. For some reason CP didn't really stick for me (although I was having a lot of issues with netplay that exacerbated things) but maybe CP Extend HD Remix II Accent Core will.

Uraizen

Banned

Well...

I'll give you a hint: It'll be a minimum of six months after the arcade release. 50/50 mixup on free versus not free

Yup, but I think it's 2-8 in favor of it being a new release. I'm also predicting a PS4 release alongside it. Mori kind of slipped and said there wouldn't be a PS4 version unless it had new content. I forgot at what event he said that, but he did say it.

Silent_Z

Well...

Yup, but I think it's 2-8 in favor of it being a new release. I'm also predicting a PS4 release alongside it. Mori kind of slipped and said there wouldn't be a PS4 version unless it had new content. I forgot at what event he said that, but he did say it.

Probably this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ49gYSNe7E

At work right now so I can't dig for the particular line too effectively, but it's in there. From what I recall the gist was that it would need to be a substantially new game, possibly like CP2, and not just a graphical upgrade of CP.

RoeBear

Those seem like some good buffs for Carl. Not that he needed them.

Overall it seems like they're making the game a bit faster paced.

I can't tell if Tager was nerfed or buffed ...

Lost 6B overhead but it can combo off of 6A now
360B Buster loses hard knockdown but gains combo-ability in the corner/with sparkbolt
Gains armor on Drive moves during overdrive.

He's different for sure and his block string mixups are definitely weaker with the loss of overhead 6B but ... I guess we'll see.

Bang and Rachel both look scary as fuck though. Blocking during Furinkazan and new ground bumper is gonna be amazing and Rachel can sword iris the goddamn bats. So scary.

Uraizen

Banned
Maybe you guys will be more interested over here

The music was...

The combos were awesome.

---

Where is all the CP2 talk about shit that was found after release? I'll go first.

Hazama still has his j.C loops. Can't stop and won't stop Haz.

Terumi can't convert off of j.2C on standing opponents anymore, but now he has real air combos! So ... eh, we'll see how that goes.

Izayoi looks good, but she lost some stuff - https://twitter.com/Kerahime/status/521288540974379009

Not too sure about Kagura, I've only heard he has a mean corner combo.

Lemstar

Terumi can't convert off of j.2C on standing opponents anymore, but now he has real air combos! So ... eh, we'll see how that goes.
j.2D*

I'd talk more about Terumi's changes if I were actually good at the game. I imagine the 6D nerf makes him a lot less threatening in the corner, though.

Uraizen

Banned
j.2D*

I'd talk more about Terumi's changes if I were actually good at the game. I imagine the 6D nerf makes him a lot less threatening in the corner, though.

Argh, can't believe I made that typo since I know he can cancel into j.2D off of j.D now.

He can still convert off of 6D, just not with 5C in the corner anymore. He still gets the 236D follow up mid-screen. 6D seems to send them flying at a lower angle overall. I wish somebody was able to check to see if you can combo off of j.2D on crouchers. If you can, then I wouldn't consider it a big deal.

Oh, best buff, they got rid of the lvl 2 stomp.

Lemstar

Argh, can't believe I made that typo since I know he can cancel into j.2D off of j.D now.

He can still convert off of 6D, just not with 5C in the corner anymore. He still gets the 236D follow up mid-screen. 6D seems to send them flying at a lower angle overall. I wish somebody was able to check to see if you can combo off of j.2D on crouchers. If you can, then I wouldn't consider it a big deal.
236D is such a shitty corner ender, though. I'm hoping that something like 6D > 2A or 5B > 5C > 2C jump cancel is still going to work for corner oki, since the 6D safejump is gone. If that's not an option, it'll probably take 50 meter for Orochi B ender? That sounds awful.

(Wonder if there's some way of ending in a meaty 2D in the corner. 3C > 2D doesn't work, right?)

Not having to mash out 22C(3) is going to be nice, though. I bought a set of eight silencing pads a few months ago and I've already had to move them around three times because the one on my C button gets worn out way quicker than any of the other ones.

Regarding 2.0 stuff I'm still not sure why Tager lost knockdown on 360b and overhead properties on 6B. Like that ... really isn't a buff for him, rarely will I find myself having cornered my opponent to where I can make use of the comboability without sacrificing sparkbolt and without 6B I can't commit to a safe-ish mixup option. Kind of unfortunate.

That said, the unnoted buffs to his move's properties bring some interesting stuff to his game. 5D now wallbounces an airbound opponent (not sure about ground) so that he can now combo off things like atomic collider (AA grab) midscreen. Air jB now ground bounces on counterhit and I'm prettty sure 720 does more damage raw.

How is someone going to commit to pressuring a Tager with overdrive guard cancel in play? You either have to rely entirely on not getting magnetized and poking him with long range normals or get in close and just use a series (if you have that option) of jump cancellable normals over and over again. If you have your own overdrive in play I suppose it may be possible that you can just use single pokes, wait for his guard cancel, and then activate your own OD to backdash out? Haven't seen anyone overdrive an overdrive yet though so we'll see how viable that option is in the coming weeks.

Overall though I suppose he hasn't changed much, his complete lack of any buffs to his neutral will mean that his gameplan stays more or less the same - walk slowly forward, block, and hope you can get away with your opponent guessing wrong. Except now with overdrive changes making use of his large health pool and eating more damage instead of bursting will allow him to keep the threat of ODGC as part of the match. Even if Tager himself hasn't changed if the opponent has to cripple their pressure strings in order to safely take him on with meter then it's going to significantly change the way his matches play out. But if they have the life lead why would they bother? Guess we'll see, he's more of a hodge podge of different changes at the moment.

Maybe you guys will be more interested over here

The music was horrid but the concept amused me. Neat stuff.

Uraizen

Banned
236D is such a shitty corner ender, though. I'm hoping that something like 6D > 2A or 5B > 5C > 2C jump cancel is still going to work for corner oki, since the 6D safejump is gone. If that's not an option, it'll probably take 50 meter for Orochi B ender? That sounds awful.

(Wonder if there's some way of ending in a meaty 2D in the corner. 3C > 2D doesn't work, right?)

Not having to mash out 22C(3) is going to be nice, though. I bought a set of eight silencing pads a few months ago and I've already had to move them around three times because the one on my C button gets worn out way quicker than any of the other ones.

Good question, they killed a good chunk of izayoi's oki, too. Her safe jump and roll catch was kinda brain dead in GA mode, though.

Pretty sure that 3C > 2D doesn't work. As for 6D, I've only seen a 5A hit after it other than 236D.

OceanBlue

So Jourdal uploaded a ton of BBCP combo and change videos for various characters. I'm going to round them up in a megapost here for people to check out.

Tetsuwo seemed to be doing better combos than the combos in the training mode video. I'm so glad he's playing Jin again lol. Hopefully that leads to more videos since it wasn't that easy to find a lot of Jin videos in CP1.

It seems that you can't really go for freeze mixups with Jin anymore without sacrificing a lot of damage or something I guess, considering people aren't going for them. Looks like I need to actually learn how to pressure people instead of just trying to win with freeze mixups :(.

Also I'm really interested in playing Nu or Lambda in this version. Hopefully one of them is easier to play than CP1 Nu and good lol.

antibolo

Banned
So does Aksys provide replacements for the audio CD in the BBCP LE that is mistakenly mastered as a data disc with wav files? Has anyone tried contacting them and asking for it?

Uraizen

Banned
So does Aksys provide replacements for the audio CD in the BBCP LE that is mistakenly mastered as a data disc with wav files? Has anyone tried contacting them and asking for it?

I think that's the way my BBCS:EX audio CD came, too. It's probably just how they do it.

antibolo

Banned
I think that's the way my BBCS:EX audio CD came, too. It's probably just how they do it.

Woah, mine was definitely not like that.

But wow, how often do they have to fuck it up before realizing that they should be more careful??

Definitely makes me less interested in the GGXrd LE.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I quit before that. I decided to play as Tager and made one of the worst mistakes in my life for fighters.

Before I quit, I had her in "Fuck you" tier. It just makes it worse when all you fight are an army of Nu's. There was not enough salt in the world to describe how I felt.

Tager just sucked lol.

But yeah not counting that match up Nu was a monster scrub killer :p

Rhapsody

Banned
I miss the days of Goro Nu. Japan actually had some awesome Nus.

Over here, we don't need them. Because for some reason everyone's compelled to air dash full screen again Nu.

And Nu was definitely top 5, just not absolute top. She has some pretty safe matchups against the top part of the cast, just not as dominating as Rachel.

Top Bottom