• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

Smokey

I used KD up until I got Jordans shot.

Also played for a out 7 hrs today in mypark and only had one crash . Lag wasn't that bad either.

AcridMeat

Banned
I honestly don't think it's possible to play tight defense in mypark. I'm one of those people that enjoys playing D, but it feels like I'm sliding on ice and the server lag...smh. 2K14 was better but maybe once server issues are worked out, the handling will get better, maybe.
I agree. I actually really like playing defense in these games most of the time, but it feels so weighted against you. There are times where I'll switch to someone to cover a blown assignment, and even though I'm pushing the thumbstick to get into position it bogs down for 2 seconds so that whoever just blew by gets an easy shot anyway. Really annoying.

Also had a game online where I eventually won but went into overtime. The guy had 12 points in paint to my 30, shot 10% worse than me, had way less assists, less rebounds, less blocks, less points off turnovers, yet it went into overtime. Why? Because he kept hitting 3s that were contested, and my passing game that got my 3 point shooters wide open would miss 75% of the time. I really can't stand that kind of rubberbanding shit. It happens in the challenges as well, infuriating.

I had a 10 point lead with 2 minutes left and I only lost the lead because drew gooden missed 1 put back and 1 wide open lay up, while they hit two contested threes in a row, then missed a 3, got the offensive rebound, and hit another. Stupid game.

I still love playing it. :(

theWB27

Rented this. Played about 4 games so far. Visuals are even better than last years. They have fixed allot of the flow in animation transitions and loving the missed dunks and such.

But damn 2K....still have some of those legacy issues I can't get past. Menus are worse than last year. Is it me or does it feel like the games are a tug of war that you don't really have control over? You can pinpoint every time there'll be a momentum swing. The shot system feels like it's a coin flip.

Eh...I'm content with skipping this year. It's worrying that, while it's improving in areas, the areas that aren't up to par are so far behind it's making this game a chore to play. 2k get it together.

Guffers

Playing on PC (still can't get rid of the stutter with an i54670 at 4.4 and a single 780) and man this game is hard! I can't play D at all. One dribble move and the cpu is past me. But if I'm on offense they are all over me like a rash. In past years I was perfectly happy playing on all star but this time around I still can't win on pro.

AcridMeat

Banned
Thaddeus Young trying to tell me to distribute the ball more after a blowout loss when I had 9 assists and 1 turnover get out of my face with that shit man.

Also has anyone noticed that the commentators will talk about stat pop ups but they never actually show up? I've not seen a single graphic pop up this entire game, have something like 50 hours in it now.

cacophony

our first game vs. the cavs, I score over half of our 53 points. Lebron goes 10-13, they shoot 67%.

Im going to sim through out last 12 games so I can get the fuck off this team

edit: lmao, simming through and we lost every game but 1

cacophony

fuck yeah im on the rockets . its easy as shit to get on the team you want to in Free agency

if this team sucks then im quitting HoF

I had a 10 point lead with 2 minutes left and I only lost the lead because drew gooden missed 1 put back and 1 wide open lay up, while they hit two contested threes in a row, then missed a 3, got the offensive rebound, and hit another. Stupid game.

I still love playing it. :(

Exactly what I experience all the time on MyCareer. Every game I play, teams are trading 12-4 runs. One time I got subbed out at 27-28 and it was 29-44 when I got back in.
I'm on OKC and we were playing the mighty 76ers (KD, Ibaka and Russ were not injured).

I know spurts happen ("SPURTABILITY is what I call it") but in 2k15 its insane, feels more like the NCAA tournament then the NBA (where starters on Playoff teams mostly rest in the 4thQ because they are up by 25 against crappy teams etc).

But then there are those moments when it really feels and plays like you are in the NBA. So when you set a screen for Westbrook ("Not the screenplay you'd see in a movie theater") he is attacking the rim with tunnel vision, while KD will look to pass or get an outside shot.

I love/hate this game!

Hasney

fuck yeah im on the rockets . its easy as shit to get on the team you want to in Free agency

if this team sucks then im quitting HoF

That's where I want to go... But I doubt I'll be a starter right away as an SG, so I may end up staying at the Bucks. We rule right now.

cacophony

That's where I want to go... But I doubt I'll be a starter right away as an SG, so I may end up staying at the Bucks. We rule right now.

yeah Harden would start prob. Im starting though as a PG over Beverly

btw wtf is with the game switching me to whoever is about to score? I swear I might be 20 feet away from someone and it will tell me thats my man right before they drain a shot. it switchs you way to quickly

May try for the Cavs as a SG would be a lock for the title or even Thunder.

Taking over the helm at the Lakers would be cool though.

Maybe more of a challenge, any other ideas?

mrpookles

Playing on PC (still can't get rid of the stutter with an i54670 at 4.4 and a single 780) and man this game is hard! I can't play D at all. One dribble move and the cpu is past me. But if I'm on offense they are all over me like a rash. In past years I was perfectly happy playing on all star but this time around I still can't win on pro.

Yeah, I'm the same - suck this year. I'm getting smashed (1-7 in ML) and really need a good set of sliders.

this game cut out for me for no reason in the 4th quarter again. luckily i was getting plastered so I ain't too mad, but does that waste contracts for myteam players?

im thinking about just making a PF or center for myplayer now since post defense is much better than perimeter in this game...are any of the stat categories trap stats? like rebounding, is that stat really helpful or am i just better off making a really tall, long armed guy? are there actual cons to doing that in this game? like longer arms, will that make my possible max handles lower, or dribbling worse like it should? or does this game just have the positive aspects?

like isn't training the athlete box or whatever instead of rebounding be a better choice, or do those stats actually matter more? Because the athlete one has vertical which seems like it'd help in the same vain but also has like ten other stats it affects, so i feel like those are the best bang for the buck, or did they actually balance these stats well?

Korezo

this game cut out for me for no reason in the 4th quarter again. luckily i was getting plastered so I ain't too mad, but does that waste contracts for myteam players?

im thinking about just making a PF or center for myplayer now since post defense is much better than perimeter in this game...are any of the stat categories trap stats? like rebounding, is that stat really helpful or am i just better off making a really tall, long armed guy? are there actual cons to doing that in this game? like longer arms, will that make my possible max handles lower, or dribbling worse like it should? or does this game just have the positive aspects?

like isn't training the athlete box or whatever instead of rebounding be a better choice, or do those stats actually matter more? Because the athlete one has vertical which seems like it'd help in the same vain but also has like ten other stats it affects, so i feel like those are the best bang for the buck, or did they actually balance these stats well?

I avg 9 rebounds a game with 0 rebound upgrades as a 6-6 SG, I don't even think the athlete stat is even helping because I use to rebound a lot also when I first started the game. If I leveled rebounds I can probably grab 10+ ball every because with low stats the ball bounces in my hands and drops a lot of times when its crowded downlow.

i just finished a few mypark games for the first time and wow, that's all the VC you earn even for dominating and winning? man, i really don't want to play the SP bullshit that much i just want to ball with my friends. also the court system is stupid it'd be way quicker to be able to use some kind of menu. guess i'll have to keep playing the damn app to actually progress my stats

this game must have sold terribly, there's like 5,000 people playing it according to steam, no wonder its hard to find good games.

AcridMeat

Banned
MyTeam is a god damn sham. You need so many credits for such a low return in terms of the packs it's a fucking joke. I'm now running out of contracts despite winning tons of challenges because they don't reward you any packs ever, and the max you can get out of a pack is ONE contract.

So if you grind two games and do really well, the most you can get is 1 low tier pack, which gives a maximum of 1 contract, which isn't even guaranteed, while you have 2 games deducted from 12 players' contracts. It's a fucking joke. At least in FIFA's ultimate team it's easy to continue to gain contracts because they have enough games on them to accrue enough gold to buy more before you run out and they give a ton of them each pack.

I really do like the gameplay overall in this game, but they've basically fucked up in every regard for every mode I want to play. The rubberbanding is fuck awful, MyPark gives you no incentive to actually play it beyond being with friends (the VC and court queue is awful). Your MyCareer teammates are anemic. I may eventually just go back to a fantasy draft season because I can't take much more of the reality of this game.

Denzel

eC9Ep90.png

Is this Legit?

does that technique work with the bluestacks thing? also will it fuck up the good mynba2k15 team i have saved on IOS if i use that? earning vc in this game is so broken, you get like six points for a good myteam game and thats all i want to play.

Hasney

does that technique work with the bluestacks thing? also will it fuck up the good mynba2k15 team i have saved on IOS if i use that? earning vc in this game is so broken, you get like six points for a good myteam game and thats all i want to play.

Nah, nothing will be fucked as you'll be using a different account account.

Was just all ready to come in here and bitch about the game in that Cavs match. We were 1 up with about 40 seconds left, so I thought I would put it to bed with a 3. They come back with a score, then I run it up and someone turns it over... Another score. They intentionally foul and one of us goes up to the free throw line and of course, 2 misses.

So here I am cursing the game out when we're 2 points down with 4 seconds to go after a TO and especially when they don't pass the ball to me from the sideline... But Knight hits the fucking 3 and we win by 1. Beautiful.

Guffers

Just got rolled by 27 points in my GM. My bulls just got taken apart by the cavs. Pro/sim.

Not much fun when the cpu seems to score at will. I have a few questions.

1. How do I in bound the ball quickly? I'm mashing the pass button to no result but there are times I see the cpu quickly inbound, race up court and score before my cpu team mates are even set up. Feels cheap as hell.

2. How do I learn the advanced moves? I'd love to use gasol in the post but all I can do is pump fake and shoot. And I'm struggling to get rose into the driving lanes, even off screens so I need to learn some ISO moves I guess.

3. Does the pick and roll even work at all this year? Every single time I try to pass to the player cutting to the basket its intercepted.

Edit. And I'd just like to emphasise that I'm not a noob. I've put hundreds of hours into these games since 2K7 and the past few years I've had fun, competitive games on allstar. I can see that this is a deep, very well made game but it's not showing me much love at the moment.

I love that the cpu is hard and seems to be smart. I just need some hope that I'll be able to compete!! I can't even imagine the ninja skills it takes to win on the higher difficulty levels.

Hasney

can anyone confirm if this works

Yeah just done it. It's a bit slower than he said, just because the assets take a while, but got 3,000+ in half an hour.

EDIT: Wow, it is actually impossible to win rookie of the year. Guy that took it has worse stats than me in every area other than blocks per game. Hell, even had him beat on rebounds! Didn't even make either of the 2 rookie teams. Unreal.

what minute quarters should i play in mycareer for maximum VC efficiency? i don't care about winning rewards i just want to be earning VC for mypark. i've been playing 12 but is it even worth it.

cacophony

lmao this game is so bugged.

I just had a cutscene where Durant was talking to me and it played him & Harden's voice acting saying the same thing at the same time.

ZeitGeist72

Neo Member
Its such a great game, but what 2k did to there servers is really bad.

For 3 days now iam not able to play online or to start an online MC player. i can see my VC but i cant connect to the 2k sever.

I still have not recieved my preorder bonus from PSN an bought 15000VC and did not recieve them either.

I have one ticket from sony that they are looking into the preorder bonus and one ticket from 2k that they are looking into the purchase on PSN. That was 3 days ago.

I really hope the update the server soon.

cacophony

holy fuck how do you tell your big men to cut to the basket?

why is DWIGHT HOWARD standing at the 3 pt line when there is a wide open lane to the basket.

just had a cutscene where Doc Rivers was coaching us.... without any subtitles or audio

this fucking game

Just got rolled by 27 points in my GM. My bulls just got taken apart by the cavs. Pro/sim.

Not much fun when the cpu seems to score at will. I have a few questions.

1. How do I in bound the ball quickly? I'm mashing the pass button to no result but there are times I see the cpu quickly inbound, race up court and score before my cpu team mates are even set up. Feels cheap as hell.

2. How do I learn the advanced moves? I'd love to use gasol in the post but all I can do is pump fake and shoot. And I'm struggling to get rose into the driving lanes, even off screens so I need to learn some ISO moves I guess.

3. Does the pick and roll even work at all this year? Every single time I try to pass to the player cutting to the basket its intercepted.

Edit. And I'd just like to emphasise that I'm not a noob. I've put hundreds of hours into these games since 2K7 and the past few years I've had fun, competitive games on allstar. I can see that this is a deep, very well made game but it's not showing me much love at the moment.

I love that the cpu is hard and seems to be smart. I just need some hope that I'll be able to compete!! I can't even imagine the ninja skills it takes to win on the higher difficulty levels.

1. You can't do it.
2. You need to go to the practice arena for that, maybe watch some Youtube tutorials
3. Bounce passes are way better in the lane, keep X/A pressed longer

rambis

Banned
Its such a great game, but what 2k did to there servers is really bad.

For 3 days now iam not able to play online or to start an online MC player. i can see my VC but i cant connect to the 2k sever.

I still have not recieved my preorder bonus from PSN an bought 15000VC and did not recieve them either.

I have one ticket from sony that they are looking into the preorder bonus and one ticket from 2k that they are looking into the purchase on PSN. That was 3 days ago.

I really hope the update the server soon.
Its insane. Its also hit and miss. I havent been able to connect for about a week but I have a bud who is in the same region, same ISP and he gets in fine.

Manners

Neo Member
Best thing about playing for the Magic as an undrafted rookie is my grandmother could crack the rotation.

The second the season ended I bolted straight to Miami.

Guffers

Just put another two hours into the game. Watched all the 2k U videos and tried to implement all of that into my play.

Still ended up down double digits after ten minutes or so and it only gets worse after that. Cpu is just vicious.

I don't think I have the time to get good at this game this year. Frustration outweighs fun 10-1
for me. Props to 2K for making what is probably the best basketball game of all time. If I could even get some sniff of success I might stick it out but I don't want to spend my leasure time being angry and frustrated.

Clevinger

Instead of putting any effort or money into good tutorials, they put it all into those 100% useless and time wasting coach cutscenes and scrimmages and whatnot that amount to "Hey, you need to rebound good." "Make transition points." "Defend good."

Oh, no shit? Basically I should do good things and not do bad things? Thanks.

I already know how to play the game well, but it must be frustrating as hell for new players.

Denzel

Tried and didn't work they must've fixed it already.

Aw man :[

Playing on HoF is tough in this game, on almost every fast break there's someone who's open on either wing, I pass it to them and they brick up a mid range shot or 3 pointer

It's impossible to get the correct spacing for pick and rolls, and make a good pass after the pick to the screener because the CPU has godlike anticipation/reflexes

Assists in general are hard as fuck to get unless someone's wide open in the paint

Teammate shot selection is terrible, Dwight Howard gets a pass in the paint and he decides to try and score a spin reverse layup when all he has to do is dunk it

Im fucking done with this game.

Anyways, if someone figures out a way an effective exploit or glitch for VC please hit me up.

So I try to start My League mode, game freezes. Try to start GM Mode, game freezes. Try to start My Player, game freezes. Turn off PS4 wifi, game loads all modes without a problem. I'm done with 2k's garbage. Two years in a row on PS4 dealing with stupid problems I shouldn't have to deal with in single player offline modes. Thanks Gamefly for saving me some money. And if you really look at the game, if the graphics weren't good, this game really wouldn't have much going for it. Impossible to play defense, shot clock cheese, missing easy layups, CPU AI hitting every shot, Horrible sub logic, half done presentation, every arena is way to dark (Can't see the upper deck of any arena in the game.), create a player mode is half baked, way to many animations that go on way to long and take you out of the play. I could go on. NBA 2K has jumped the shark.

3 on 3 games are fun as hell but whoever decided to do this court system should be shot. it has different servers so never do you really see courts full but there will be plenty of people playing, and waiting for a game can be good scouting but it's really annoying if you don't have enough people to play. 2 on 2 is 100% cheese it isn't even fun, but 3 on 3 is where it's at, perfect balance of getting the ball and making an impact

also you gain next to no VC for playing mypark games, it's fucking dumb bc it's the most fun mode imo since you get the ball a lot but still almost always have full human opponents who don't quit

Rented this. Played about 4 games so far. Visuals are even better than last years. They have fixed allot of the flow in animation transitions and loving the missed dunks and such.

But damn 2K....still have some of those legacy issues I can't get past. Menus are worse than last year. Is it me or does it feel like the games are a tug of war that you don't really have control over? You can pinpoint every time there'll be a momentum swing. The shot system feels like it's a coin flip.

Eh...I'm content with skipping this year. It's worrying that, while it's improving in areas, the areas that aren't up to par are so far behind it's making this game a chore to play. 2k get it together.

It feels a little crazy to even be thinking this, but I'm rooting for NBA Live to be really good this year. 2K has been my go to for years, but they are getting complacent. Last year was a disappointment due to all the microtransaction bullshit and horrible menus...and this year really hasn't improved on many of the on court legacy issues I was able to forgive last year but can't do it this year. Hopefully Live can light a fire under their ass to produce something exceptional next year.

Top Bottom