• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daigasso! Band Brothers P |Import Discussion| Project Iwatoid P

Zornica

Banned
As written in the other thread, I'd like to play in about 2 to 3 hours from now.
This is quite possibly the last chance I'll get for the next few weeks so I hope we can get something going.

Oh, it's from Game Center CX, it was brought up a few times in the early pages of the thread and it just got made recently, heh.

There are actually a few songs I want to get now but I feel like I should hold off to see how many tomatoes I got from the Debut promo.

Zornica

Banned
not exactly... it's only going to get worse... speaking of, I've got an hour or so right now

edit: daigasso is under 1000 yen at amazon.jp. If I were to buy it, could I use the 100 tomato voucher again? I'd buy 2 ^^

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Well this is balls. I had 44 tomatoes a minute ago, then I updated to 2.0, and now I have none. They weren't 5 months old, either. Like, 2 months.

This happen to anyone else? Anything I can do to get them back?

Impotaku

Try deleting the update file from your sd card. I did something similar with youkai watch 2 i discovered the update file fixed a glitch i was using, after i deleted the update file off the sd card the game reverted back to it's previous version, my saves were unaffected by deleting the file.

Seeing as you lost the tomatoes it's worth a shot.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Didn't help. Oh well. I bought 45 more and this time used up all but two. Can't wait to play more songs!

Btw guys, I'm all about the VG music, but I find it especially difficult to find for various games. That Rhythm Heaven list was amazing. Mario, Zelda, and F-Zero are also easy to search for. But is there any other VG music I'm missing out on? I'm guessing no 3rd party game music (for the most part)?

If anyone could list either some songs, or some search suggestions, that'd be outstanding.

Zornica

Banned
there is a daigasso wiki with a complete song list and search tool somewhere...
you should be able to find it somewhere in this thread. no idea where though, sorry

I just bought the game twice - which means I own 3 copys now. lets hope I can use the included 200 tomatoes XD

edit: ok, apparently it worked :D. I guess I just bought 200 tomatoes for less then 20€. seems like a great deal

I guess I should start writing a new list... I need more songs

edit2:
here you go:
http://wikiwiki.jp/bandbrosp/

There's just not really a whole lot of game music period tbh, outside of approved Nintendo stuff. It's tricky to really say what you can and can't find because I'm not exactly sure what rules define what's allowed. Outside of the Nintendo stuff that's in the official list (stuff like Mario, DK, Zelda, F-Zero), there was one point where they uploaded a batch of 10 or so songs from DX including Star Wolf, Yoshi's Island Athletic, and Gusty Garden Galaxy (and more can be found in the related songs at the bottom). I think there's the occasional Pokemon arrangement from the anime too like this one. Oh, and Kirby anime music, which I personally recognize from Kirby Air Ride. Uh... there's a bunch of Mother music too, but you'll need to search for that by name. And the occasional Metroid track for some reason.

Outside of Nintendo stuff... well, it's really a mixed bag. If you search for "STH", you get a decent number of Sonic 1 and 2 tracks. Also there was a Castlevania track but evidently it's been taken down since I downloaded it lol. Enix music seems to be fair game, as there's lots of Dragon Quest music, though you'll need to look that up by name too. Vocal opening and ending themes to games can also show up on occasion.

Oh, there's also a Game Music station in the in-game radio but I'm not sure how effective that is at finding new stuff.

Check your games, folks! You should have received your first batch of tomatoes for the Debut promotion. I got 9 here because one of my codes didn't seem to work. Guess I'll get some more songs and maybe we can play this weekend?

Zornica

Banned
Check your games, folks! You should have received your first batch of tomatoes for the Debut promotion. I got 9 here because one of my codes didn't seem to work. Guess I'll get some more songs and maybe we can play this weekend?

y, I already bought like 50 new songs!
I hope we can arrange something, but I fear that one of us would have to incredibly early or really late at night...
pick your poison

Haven't yet bought this due to being unsure about the whole tomato thing. Such as expiration dates, getting more tomatoes....even just using tomatoes. The game comes with tomatoes correct? Are these in game by default or do you need to redeem them in some way? If you need to redemm them via a code, does that code have an expiration date? I'd hate to buy the game and get it and have the code already be expired. Generally, how many songs will the initial tomatoes get you? I am not planning on buying more so I am hoping the free batch are 'enough' for me. Anything I should know before I finally grab the game?

The game always comes with 100 tomatoes. In physical versions, the box includes a code for them (which shouldn't expire, but I'll check mine to see if there's a date when I get the chance), and digital versions automatically have the 100 tomatoes. Once you receive the tomatoes in the game, you have 5 months until they expire. Each tomato is good for 1 song, and there are other goods, like special Vocaloid voices or music videos, that cost several tomatoes. To put things simply, the game essentially comes with 100 songs, which you have 5 months to download.

More info is available here, and the visuals should be helpful even if you can't read Japanese.

The game always comes with 100 tomatoes. In physical versions, the box includes a code for them (which shouldn't expire, but I'll check mine to see if there's a date when I get the chance), and digital versions automatically have the 100 tomatoes. Once you receive the tomatoes in the game, you have 5 months until they expire. Each tomato is good for 1 song, and there are other goods, like special Vocaloid voices or music videos, that cost several tomatoes. To put things simply, the game essentially comes with 100 songs, which you have 5 months to download.

More info is available here, and the visuals should be helpful even if you can't read Japanese.

Thanks! 100 songs for sub $20 seems a good deal. Won't be able to drag my feet on downloading them like I did in the last game. Any word if these songs are tied to the game card or SD card? Will they only work on the system they were downloaded on? Reason I ask is if I bought a used copy would it have the previous users downloaded songs on it? I assume not but I had to ask. Obviously I am getting a new copy first since it is safe to assume the tomato code would be used in an...err used copy.

Just checked my copy of the game, and the tomato code sheet doesn't list any sort of expiration date.

Downloaded songs save to the SD card. I'm not sure what'd happen if you used the SD card with a different 3DS with a different copy of the game, but I'd wager it wouldn't work and songs are also tied to copies of the game, otherwise people could just share the files for the songs.

Zornica

Banned
Just checked my copy of the game, and the tomato code sheet doesn't list any sort of expiration date.

Downloaded songs save to the SD card. I'm not sure what'd happen if you used the SD card with a different 3DS with a different copy of the game, but I'd wager it wouldn't work and songs are also tied to copies of the game, otherwise people could just share the files for the songs.

nah, I think it's just tied to the system. all songs worked fine no matter the version I used (free download trial copy, physical copy 1,2 or 3 )

btw: if you want to play today, I'll be awake for another 4 hours, starting now

edit: just woke up, wanna play?

edit2: last chance before the weekend ends

mrback

Hi to all, Ive very kindly been given a free download of this from a gaf user to have a blast with. Are there any user guides anywhere that I can peruse to get to grips with the game?

Not really any English guides to my knowledge (to be honest, you're probably in the best collection of English information about this game, heh), but is there anything you're specifically looking to do? With the Debut version, what you'll probably be doing the most is playing in single player (ひとりで演奏, or the blue option on the main menu), and multiplayer (みんなで合奏, or the red option on the main menu, 遠くの人と合奏, or the top option for online multiplayer, フリー合奏 (top) for randoms, フレンド合奏 (bottom) for friends within that).

mrback

Not really any English guides to my knowledge (to be honest, you're probably in the best collection of English information about this game, heh), but is there anything you're specifically looking to do? With the Debut version, what you'll probably be doing the most is playing in single player (ひとりで演奏, or the blue option on the main menu), and multiplayer (みんなで合奏, or the red option on the main menu, 遠くの人と合奏, or the top option for online multiplayer, フリー合奏 (top) for randoms, フレンド合奏 (bottom) for friends within that).
Thanks for the reply, to be honest I've never played before & don't really know where to start. There are some vids on YouTube so gonna have a watch & try to get an idea of what it's all about. Cheers :)

Lookie401

Hello everyone! I've been lurking since I got the game around March and finally decided to join...last month. :p

I enjoy the game in single and random session with other user online but would like to experience "friends" side sometimes. I was able to give out 2 out of the 10 Debut codes so if you are looking for one feel free to ask me.

I do some composition but don't have time to finish them aka lazy. lol
I also "converting" some songs I like from Jam with the Band into P. Only did two so far (again lazy lol).

Anyway, nice to finally make a post and maybe have a session sometimes. :)

Zornica

Banned
yeah I'd love to play with more than 2 people again some day. how about this weekend? getting together could be tough though...

Dacvak

I'm down to play someone sometime.

JKTrix

My country's about to get hit by a major hurricane, but if I have electricity over the weekend I'll remember to check in.

Lookie401

My country's about to get hit by a major hurricane, but if I have electricity over the weekend I'll remember to check in.
Ouch. I wish you safety and good luck.

I have a friend b-day / housewarming party to go this weekend but I'll try to make time. I'm in EST by the way.

Zornica

Banned
there are about 13 hours between us... I guess you just woke up, and I'll go to bed in about an hour or 2
but I hope we can find a way to make this work somehow

Zornica

Banned
how about now?

edit: ok, THIS is our chance.
I just woke up way to early, everything hurts but you should also be awake for another few hours...

edit2:
I'm currently fighting the flu, meaning I'm more or less awake around the clock. mostly at strange hours like these...
It won't get much better then this

Judging by the time of your edit (7 PM EST), around that time should work for me. We can try for that today, and anyone else who catches this is free to join.

Zornica

Banned
oops... sorry I got distracted, but I'm free now!

for all newcomers:
http://us19.chatzy.com/77973477573948

edit: I'll try asking in the j3ds thread if anyone wants to join us... maybe we can get a real group together for once... as in more than 2 or 3 people ;)

edit2: seeing as the weekend is going to end soon, anyone still motivated for a "short" jam session?

Spikey

Neo Member
Still waiting and hoping for that localization news for this game. I'm sure it's coming, just dunno when... at least MM3D was announced. :D Are there any Majora's Mask songs available on the shop? I need more game songs!

Are there any Majora's Mask songs available on the shop? I need more game songs!

The best you'll get is probably any Ocarina of Time songs the games share.

Anyways, sorry for not playing a whole lot lately, any time aside from the weekends is a bit busy, generally.

Oh, uh, sure, I can get on in a bit. Maybe gimme, like, a half hour to an hour or so first.

edit: Okay, just post again to let me know when you're ready.

Top Bottom