• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Realms has a new logo

I feel like this is more appropriate...

XRwmFJK.jpg

/thread

eXistor

More needless simplification of cool logo's. Too bad.

/edit: the old logo is actually nothing special either, but my point remains.

Axass

Lately every company is going for more shitty logos, I wonder why? Probably they're shooting for something a little more professional, too bad they lose all the personality in the transition.

Man, the original logo brings me back to a very gaudy time, filled with overdesigned video card boxes.

The new one makes me wonder if the designer understands balance. It's an ok design, but it needs a lot of refinement.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Small update: While the trademarks haven't been registered yet, it seems they might not be using this logo after all. At least on their forums, that have changed quite a bit lately, they are using this logo:

logo3drnyjtp.jpg

That looks much better I think.

Do they even do anything nowadays? You don't exactly hear about them at all. I'm shocked they even still exist especially after the whole DNF situation and doesn't Gearbox or 2K own the IP now?

Rösti;135426604 said:
Small update: While the trademarks haven't been registered yet, it seems they might not be using this logo after all. At least on their forums, that have changed quite a bit lately, they are using this logo:

logo3drnyjtp.jpg

Much better. I'm surprised they didn't go through with the other logo, but it was definitely for the best they didn't.

Nikodemos

Do they even do anything nowadays? You don't exactly hear about them at all. I'm shocked they even still exist especially after the whole DNF situation and doesn't Gearbox or 2K own the IP now?
I thought everything apart for Duke Nukem (Gearbox) was bought by Interceptor.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
They're working on something called 3D Realms Anthology right now: http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38988

Frederik Schreiber (Interceptor Entertainment) is now listed as vice president for the company. Though that could just be for ease of access, Scott Miller is is still listed as vice president on the records of Texas Secretary of State. George Broussard is listed as president and director.

I believe their is an ongoing lawsuit about the Duke Nukem trademark/IP. Haven't read much about it, though it started in March this year.

5amshift

Banned
This logo HAD to have been made by a kid or something that has no idea about design. Hell, I would've designed something better for free.

Yuck, there is no color in it at all.
Logo designer must be happy to make so much money for little work though.

Rösti;135426604 said:

logo3drnyjtp.jpg

Better, but still lacking in texture.

Rösti;135427354 said:
They're working on something called 3D Realms Anthology right now: http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38988

Frederik Schreiber (Interceptor Entertainment) is now listed as vice president for the company. Though that could just be for ease of access, Scott Miller is is still listed as vice president on the records of Texas Secretary of State. George Broussard is listed as president and director.

I believe their is an ongoing lawsuit about the Duke Nukem trademark/IP. Haven't read much about it, though it started in March this year.

Wow, my post was so good, you quoted the whole thing twice! XD

Top Bottom