• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Did you guys hear someone tried to assassinate Stephen Harper?

Wonder what this means for game prices.

Tapejara

Ordered some games from the Best Buy promotion, but a day later they still haven't shipped. Don't they ship the next day for orders within the GTA?

I see EBgames has an online store but will they get preorders to your door on release date or do they ship on release date?

Seriously considering eating the shipping cost cause I dread going inside a EBgames.

I sent an email to Best Buy about Captain Toad's price. I don't expect them to honour the 30% discount on the actual price, but it is worth a shot. It is technically baiting me to order at a false price though if they don't honour their discount.

Tapejara

I see EBgames has an online store but will they get preorders to your door on release date or do they ship on release date?

Seriously considering eating the shipping cost cause I dread going inside a EBgames.

Every game I've pre-ordered from EB Games online store has reached my house on release date - and that's with the free shipping option. They're typically pretty good when it comes to shipping, though I'm not sure if that's due to location.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

They've never once missed release date delivery with me, with free shipping no less.

Every game I've pre-ordered from EB Games online store has reached my house on release date - and that's with the free shipping option. They're typically pretty good when it comes to shipping, though I'm not sure if that's due to location.

They've never once missed release date delivery with me, with free shipping no less.

I didn't see a free shipping option at the checkout screen for the Smash bundle.

How does Purolator handle deliveries when I'm not at home? Will they take it to a local spot (im in downtown Vancouver), or are they gonna bring it to buttfuck nowhere by the airport?

zroid

Banned
FYI: Emailed Amazon and I got my Captain Toad price adjusted to $39.59 so after the promo discount it's $31.50. That's 30% off $44.99.

VwRwTrO.png

say what you will about amazon's shipping foibles but their customer service is still great

Sealtest

So looking at the futureshop facebook apparently they said even if you have one of those games preordered you'll get the steelbook. I don't know how reliable that is though.

Sora_N

I've been having issues with the chip on my credit card lately, keeps getting declined. I should get it replaced but I haven't just because I don't want to go through that hassle with FS and BB. :lol

(I rarely use it except for online purchases though so its not that urgent, and when I need to I can usually just do the tap thing)

my man!

Been procrastinating on doing this myself. Still can't believe I can't do it myself online

Might try tomorrow. I'll time it lol.

Jashobeam

hey guys shop.ca now has WWE2k15 up for preorder, you can grab the $20 off coupon from their facebook page because the leafs won, and use ebates to get 10% cash back. Don't believe people saying that games don't count anymore at ebates, I just bought Shadows of Mordor last week and got like $10 bucks back on top of the $25 coupon I had from pizza pizza.

I also have the Hulkamania edition preordered at wwe.com, will probably sell it on ebay cuz I need the money lol.

for some odd reason the ps3 version is also 69.99, so be careful you don't accidentally grab that one by mistake.

Returners

What's the deal with Recycled Games at EB?

I was in a store today and saw these "Recycled Games" that are shrink wrapped but selling at the price of used games.

Madness

halo-mc-bonus.jpg

Apparently EbGames will give you this if you preorder from them. I had no idea what it was, but it seems like a cheaper steelbook alternative called FR4ME case. It's plastic with two frame covers that house reversible artwork.

Not necessarily a fan and would hate if they start to replace steelbook with these. Anyone know if the game will come in this, or if this case comes with my game separately.

Well, Best Buy replied back quickly regarding Captain Toad

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We would like to inform you that the said promotion of 30% off is only applicable to the promotion given last June for the pre order item. You were given a discount of $19.50 from the price of $64.99 down to the price of $45.49. We could only drop price of the item to $44.99 we will only give the remaining discount of $0.50 to your order.

Should I email again? Call them? If they won't give me an actual discount, I don't want the game from them. Is it possible to get them to cancel this one game in this order through an email?

zroid

Banned

Should I email again? Call them? If they won't give me an actual discount, I don't want the game from them. Is it possible to get them to cancel this one game in this order through an email?

Their policy is not to do it. You might get lucky if you keep trying (it's happened before) but don't count on it.

Anyone know when the Target flyer is released? I'd like to get an Xbone for 10% off this weekend, but since the bundles I want (Sunset Overdrive or Ass Creed) aren't out yet, it would only make sense to do so if they are giving away a gift card with purchase as well. Otherwise, waiting and getting a bundle at full price makes more sense, as I will definitely be grabbing both of those games.

it should be still $30 for the $399 version and $50 giftcard for the $499 version but dont quote me, the flyer only mentions the new whtite bundle out tuesday

Tale as old as time, my man. They won't do anything for you.

As far as cancelling the item, if it's an order of three games, the discount on the others will go away. If it's more than three, you'll be fine. Safest bet is to get the game, then return it to a retail store, though that seems like a massive waste of time considering it sounds like you're wanting to cancel based on principle alone.

Their policy is not to do it. You might get lucky if you keep trying (it's happened before) but don't count on it.

Yeah, that is what I've heard. But I have also seen others post in this thread with success. I don't it should be legal to offer a discount on an item but retract that discount when the item's price changes. I mean, who would order during a sale and be okay with paying regular price?

Tale as old as time, my man. They won't do anything for you.

As far as cancelling the item, if it's an order of three games, the discount on the others will go away. If it's more than three, you'll be fine. Safest bet is to get the game, then return it to a retail store, though that seems like a massive waste of time considering it sounds like you're wanting to cancel based on principle alone.

It is my order of all the Wii U games I pre-ordered, so around 9 or so. Previous games I have returned to the store, but I know I don't want this around a month in advance. I will probably just return it. I think they are likely to make a mistake and cancel the whole order if I ask to cancel just Captain Toad.

how often do nintendo wii u 1st party games drop in price?

There haven't been any huge 'legit' deals. 3D world has gone to $30 I believe, and Wind Waker $20. Other stuff have been on sales for around those prices, but not often. The best deals have been when Target does their clearances, even though they aren't actually clearances. But that is YMMV.

N° 2048

Bayonetta 2 "shipping now" from Amazon.

Hopefully comes tomorrow, although, I work all weekend so if it came Monday it wouldn't be so bad.

halo-mc-bonus.jpg

Apparently EbGames will give you this if you preorder from them. I had no idea what it was, but it seems like a cheaper steelbook alternative called FR4ME case. It's plastic with two frame covers that house reversible artwork.

Not necessarily a fan and would hate if they start to replace steelbook with these. Anyone know if the game will come in this, or if this case comes with my game separately.

That green is ugly.

Just a reminder for people to check their inboxes for a $40 off $100 offer from shop.ca via paypal. The email was from paypal.

I imagine this could be used in conjunction with the $20 off shop.ca has been giving out via their facebook. That would be $60 off a $100 order.

They have started putting some games up for preorder for the Christmas rush. It's not the greatest site but they've been fairly reliable for me.

N° 2048

Just a reminder for people to check their inboxes for a $40 off $100 offer from shop.ca via paypal. The email was from paypal.

I imagine this could be used in conjunction with the $20 off shop.ca has been giving out via their facebook. That would be $60 off a $100 order.

They have started putting some games up for preorder for the Christmas rush. It's not the greatest site but they've been fairly reliable for me.

Any idea why I never get these Paypal coupons?

I use both Paypal and shop.ca :/
Do you have to sign up anywhere?

Any idea why I never get these Paypal coupons?

I use both Paypal and shop.ca :/
Do you have to sign up anywhere?

I don't think I signed up anywhere. I don't recall using paypal on their site before either. I had always used credit card before.

I was going through my emails and I actually missed a $20 off $60 coupon they sent out in August. Damn!! It expired October 13, 2014.

In fact, Paypal has been sending me a bunch of "you have x amount of dollars to spend at x site" for the last little while. I should take advantage of more of these.

N° 2048

Just saw this on shop.ca

Select eligible PayPal customers have received a deposit of $40 in their PayPal Account to spend on an order of $99 or more at SHOP.CA between October 14, 2014 and December 31, 2014

The $99 total must be achieved after any SHOP.CA Credits and/or discounts are applied to your order.

The $99 Offer was placed directly into select eligible users' PayPal accounts. This means that there is no promo code for an offer recipient to enter, or anything to 'apply' at checkout.
The offer is automatically applied when you pay with PayPal at checkout.

"Select eligible" hmm

Hmm, I wonder if they'll have the Sunset Xbone bundle.

iphys

I wish I were one of the select eligible people that get these paypal e-mails. I only ever got the paypal offer for the shop.ca discount the first time I wound up making a purchase there when I think it was for everyone and then I've never got an e-mail since then, but I've also made a few purchases from shop.ca using promo codes and rebates, so maybe they don't think I need any extra encouragement to shop there.

flkraven

According to RFD, MGS5: Ground Zeroes will be $19.99 starting friday at BB. Is this worth a look for XB1? $19.99 still seems steep, since that was the release date price for last gen. Think it will drop big for Black Friday/Boxing Day digitally or otherwise?

Tagg9

According to RFD, MGS5: Ground Zeroes will be $19.99 starting friday at BB. Is this worth a look for XB1? $19.99 still seems steep, since that was the release date price for last gen. Think it will drop big for Black Friday/Boxing Day digitally or otherwise?

Yeah, I'd wait for Black Friday. I'm sure it will be $10 either retail or digital then.

The game already went as low as $13.50 on PSN IIRC.

I wish I were one of the select eligible people that get these paypal e-mails. I only ever got the paypal offer for the shop.ca discount the first time I wound up making a purchase there when I think it was for everyone and then I've never got an e-mail since then, but I've also made a few purchases from shop.ca using promo codes and rebates, so maybe they don't think I need any extra encouragement to shop there.

I only shop from shop.ca using rebates and coupons and I still get the paypal discounts.

Well, someone's asleep at the switch over at Futureshop. It's Thursday morning and still no shipping notice for Bayonetta 2. Guess I'll be SOL for playing this over the weekend - sigh.

iiicon

Did anyone else jump on that Microsoft Store deal for an Xbox, game and $50 XBL credit last month? I did, and I was just informed I won't be receiving the Sunset Overdrive bundle because it's backordered. The game I ordered with it never arrived either, so this has been a wonderful shopping experience with the Microsoft Store.

Did anyone else jump on that Microsoft Store deal for an Xbox, game and $50 XBL credit last month? I did, and I was just informed I won't be receiving the Sunset Overdrive bundle because it's backordered. The game I ordered with it never arrived either, so this has been a wonderful shopping experience with the Microsoft Store.

That sucks. I was soooooooo close on jumping on that deal, it's insane value. Hope you end up getting all your stuff.

flkraven

Woah, when did you get the info? I ordered the SO bundle and I've already received my extra game + $50 gift card. My brother ordered the same one and he got his game + $50 card. Was the bonus game you chose backordered too?

Top Bottom