• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DQVIII's Jessica and Yangus confirmed for Dragon Quest Heroes

DeaviL

Banned
sexybeam.jpg
sexybeam.gif
sexybeam5.gif~original

crinale

Too add to the article, Horii noted that there are quite a few middle-aged men in the series, so he had to add Yangus to the roster this time. He also said if he doesn't add him now he'd have to add so many men at once when the sequel (if exists) gets released :D

I am getting very hype for this came, yet still don't believe it will come out in the states. Gaf, if it does not, should i buy it digital on the JPN PSN, or just order the import retail disc?

I am getting very hype for this came, yet still don't believe it will come out in the states. Gaf, if it does not, should i buy it digital on the JPN PSN, or just order the import retail disc?

Whichever one is cheapest or you like most. It really doesn't make much of a difference since you're going to need to buy any DLC (if you decide to buy any) through a Japanese account. With that said, I still think that this has a much higher chance of seeing a western release than some are giving it. I know that many just see the series as a lost cause in the west, but basically all Warriors-style games see a western release now.

I will totally buy a PS4 and this Day 1, is this is localized and they bring back the DQVIII VAs. Also I want to kick ass with Alena <3

Psxphile

Alena and Jessica? Just need Bianca to complete the trifecta.

Wait how old is Yangus anyways? I never saw him as an "old geezer".

I figured he was 30+. For Japan that's pretty ancient, right?

Gimme Ragnar McRyan and Tsarvena Alena please

rxkbv4T.jpg

In all seriousness it is possible. The first thing the president of SCEJ/A said when Horii came on stage was "welcome back home" which would be an odd thing to say just for a Musou spinoff title.
Weren't they "home" on a Nintendo console? That's messed up.

Boing yoing yoing Jessica
Now gimme Bianca

It's guaranteed.

Begaria

Man. This just makes me wish Dragon Quest XI will be as good as DQVIII. It also makes me even more interested in DQ Heroes.

Wereroku

Man. This just makes me wish Dragon Quest XI will be as good as DQVIII. It also makes me even more interested in DQ Heroes.

Yeah if people want a console mainline DQ game again they need to buy Heroes. It's kind of shitty since alot of people hate the Musou games but they are definitely gauging interest with this game.

Jeels

I literally made a post back at announcement that im only buying this game if yangus and Jessica are in it.

Guess I am buying this game.

Kouriozan

Well, it's going to be the first localized DQ game since a long time, you all better buy it to show Square Enix that there is still a fanbase here.
I want DQ X and VII Remake, dammit!

I... I... I had absolutely no idea about this game!!!

What is it about?

And having Yangus is a major plus for me! Easily one of the best characters on DQ history!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I don't know what this game is, but I want it.

I watched the trailer and I still don't know what it is, but I want it.

But I don't have any of the consoles it's on.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
It kinda looks like Hyrule Warriors.. er.. Dynasty Warriors in terms of gameplay. Is it anything like those games? Because I don't know anything about either of those games but both remind me of an Xbox 360 game called 99 something or other that I played the demo of once. Which reminds me, I really should get Hyrule Warriors because it has Zelda stuff in it.

I'd buy it just for Dragon Quest even though it's nothing like Dragon Quest aside from the characters. Does it have single-player? Or is it all online only?

Also, all that experience and he's only on level 8?

I would play as Jessica.

Loudninja

It kinda looks like Hyrule Warriors.. er.. Dynasty Warriors in terms of gameplay. Is it anything like those games? Because I don't know anything about either of those games but both remind me of an Xbox 360 game called 99 something or other that I played the demo of once. Which reminds me, I really should get Hyrule Warriors because it has Zelda stuff in it.

I'd buy it just for Dragon Quest even though it's nothing like Dragon Quest aside from the characters. Does it have single-player? Or is it all online only?

Also, all that experience and he's only on level 8?

I would play as Jessica.
Yeah its like those games.

I hope we get the
waifus
girls from DQ V. Especially Debora.

DQV_-_Debora.png

Best waifu.

Oh well, Yangus and Jessica are fine too. And once more, Angelo gets shafted :(

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Isn;t this game called Heroes....where the heroes at?

He has to be in

Dq8_Hero.jpg
Seriously.

I really need to replay Dragon Quest VIII...

The voice acting in that one was FANTASTIC!
I miss it so much from the iOS port. The music I can live without but the voice acting, I don't care if it adds a gig or so to the file size. I miss it so much.

Also, are the only weapons swords/melee weapons in this game? I would assume for obvious reasons, but I always played Jessica with either a whip or boomerang, which I guess wouldn't even work. I have never upgraded her Staves status.

Top Bottom