• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #273 Rime Cover Story, Alien, Destiny, Smash Brothers, DriveClub, Forza reviewed

8bit

Knows the Score
On Rime,
The island seen so far represents the first stage of the five stages of grief, they are linked by dreams. There are multiple islands, some with many areas.
The color palette and island sets are influenced by Dali, Sorolla, De Chirico & Ghibli.
In one demonstration, a fox appears to lead the player through a thicket of trees with small markings. The markings when aligned make the outline of a fox, and this angle introduces the next puzzle.
The audio is influenced by natural field recordings to create an immersive sound experience. Silent Hill composer Akira Yamaoka is helping.

(Reading this in Zinio over a slow remote desktop session, so apologies for the brevity just now.)

Reviews:

Alien Isolation - 8
Destiny - 8
DriveClub - 7
Forza Horizon 2 - 7
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - 8
Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor - 7
Costume Quest 2 - 7
Wasteland 2 - 7
Super Smash Brothers 3DS - 8
D4 - 7

Hype:

AC Unity
Elite Dangerous
Yakuza Zero
Tomorrow Children
Superhot
RE Rev 2

The Making Of... Rez

Next Month:

Galaxian

Also a brief interview with Flying Lotus on The Last of Us and his favourite game
FFVII
among other things.

Elixist

what were some negatives on forza, from the outside lookin in, watchin streams doesnt look as fun as i thought it would.

EGM1966

Happy with 8 from Edge for Alien and Ethan Carter. Little surprised at 7 for Forza will need to read that one to see why.

Surprised that Driveclub and FH2 scored the same.

8 for Destiny too. Bio Gamer Girl is gonna get knocked off the accolade trailer.

Destiny - 8
DriveClub - 7
Forza Horizon 2 - 7
Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor - 7

Those are some very strange scores here. Guess i will have to wait for the review but it seems very low for Forza and very high for Driveclub.

Alien Isolation FTW

shame to see Destiny get an 8 though it deserves like a 4. online only, terrible story and gameplay that wont stack up to halo

GHG

Gold Member
How the hell is a 7 very high for Driveclub?

People only remember the giantbomb review.

Funniest thing about it is that they are 2 entirely different types of games with their own different sets of strengths and weaknesses.

Here's the cover

b0ofsmfcqaanr-193rrt.png

That's a beautiful cover. Wish Edge would go back to making them without any wording on them at all - I think it would stand out more.

Also, this is the second front cover for Rime in a month, which suggests to me the (UK?) press were invited to go and see it. Maybe more information and a possible release date is inbound soon?

yakuza zero huh. i smell a localization announcement :)

Edge previews import games, it doesn't really mean much. They've done the same with 5 and Ishin in the past. GamesTM had a small box out feature on it as well basically saying at the end that it'll probably not get released over here anytime soon or at all. I'd recommend not getting your hopes up!

Percy

Banned
They overscored Forza, Driveclub, Mordor and Alien imo. Destiny and Smash scores are pretty fair though.

Also, why is a western magazine even bothering previewing a Yakuza game? No one likes a tease, Edge.

Top Bottom