• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PDP releasing 4 more GC-style Wii Classic Controllers (DK, Link, Samus, Wario)

On top of the Mario, Peach, and Yoshi ones, all are $25:

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/hardware-accessories-fight-pad-controllers-c-621_623_734.html

wiiu_fightpad_dk.jpg
wiiu_fightpad_link.jpg
wiiu_fightpad_samus.jpg
wiiu_fightpad_wario.jpg

wiiu_fightpad_pdp_mario.jpg
wiiu_fightpad_pdp_peach.jpg
wiiu_fightpad_pdp_yoshi.jpg

Not bad! Now give me a Pikachu one!

Jakoo

This seems like such a niche thing to make so many customized versions of. They must be really banking on the fact that Smash Brother for Wii U is going to be a big seller, which I suppose it will be. Love that Wario one.

I have to ask: Who is PDP and are they reliable?
aka are the controllers good (quality)?

They look awesome. especially the DK, Metroid and Link ones.

Am I the only one bothered by the inconsistent selection of renders? DK, Link, Samus are their Smash renders. Peach's is from 3D World. Wario's is from Wario World I think. I think that's a standard generic Mario render, and I'm not sure what the Yoshi is from.

Just use all the Smash renders.

I'm probably OCD or something.

Timeless

Don't be fooled. Just because it looks like a GameCube controller does not mean it will have the same build quality. I'm sticking with Nintendo's Smash Bros.-branded GC controllers.

Rich!

Don't be fooled. Just because it looks like a GameCube controller does not mean it will have the same build quality. I'm sticking with Nintendo's Smash Bros.-branded GC controllers.

The hori one I posted above has the same build quality as the real thing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
These are all horrendous.

Something more subtle like the N3DS faceplates would be cool.

Rich!

You're my hero. That looks bad ass.

A shame about no GCN plug though... Guess I could always mod my U and install Nintendon't. Are the triggers analog?

Nope, not analog. But it doesnt matter, the rest is absolute quality and far better than the PDP shit in the OP. And it will work perfectly with nintendont.

Anyone with any sense would buy the hori pad, not PDP.

Looks like it has the bad C-Stick though.

Then open it up and swap it with one from a classic controller, nunchuck or a gamecube controllers left analog. It uses the same fitting, most likely.

Nope, not analog. But it doesnt matter, the rest is absolute quality and far better than the PDP shit in the OP. And it works perfectly with nintendont.

Anyone with any sense would buy the hori pad, not PDP.
Have you tried games with analog trigger controls? Still manageable without the analog?

Thank you for posting this, didn't even know it existed. Luigi looks sick.

Rich!

Have you tried games with analog trigger controls? Still manageable without the analog?

Thank you for posting this, didn't even know it existed. Luigi looks sick.

Rogue Leader and Mario Sunshine obviously will suffer but everything else is going to be OK and work with it fine, as its a classic controller. I use the Wii U Pro Controller to play my Gamecube games on the Wii U and I've had no issues yet.

I haven't actually got one, its not out yet. But Hori is as good as you are ever going to get. Their N64 Mini controller is the stuff of legends.

Already getting the peach one because I have the matching wiimote and love garish colours, and will definitely get the Wario one due to my favourite colours being yellow and purple.

Should just about be able to resist the rest.

All of these look really cool but I still wish they'd just make one that works as a Wii U Pro controller and has clicky sticks. I'd love to have one that works with all the modern games too.

Rogue Leader and Mario Sunshine obviously will suffer but everything else is going to be OK and work with it fine, as its a classic controller. I use the Wii U Pro Controller to play my Gamecube games on the Wii U and I've had no issues yet.

I haven't actually got one, its not out yet. But Hori is as good as you are ever going to get. Their N64 Mini controller is the stuff of legends.

The price for one of these is also the stuff of legends.

Yes I've had great experience with Hori. Pretty much 2nd party pads.

Top Bottom