• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Alx

I've been wondering, how is friendly fire handled in the game ? I always thought it was usually off, and when playing with other people in higher difficulty levels, I frequently spam glaive throws with controlled explosions (that's a bit overpowered by the way), with mods that do magnetic damages. But only recently when using it in single player with a low level frame did I realize that it was hurting me too when used at close range.
So have I been an asshole all this time, carpet bombing the crowd of enemies and allies alike ? Or is it something specific to single player, or a bug ?

So have I been an asshole all this time, carpet bombing the crowd of enemies and allies alike ? Or is it something specific to single player, or a bug ?
Explosions made by your weapons will hurt yourself, but not your team mates. Other than that there is no friendly fire, except when you're affected by a radiation. A radiation proc on you will cause you to full damage to any team member you hit regardless of your weapon.

Alx

Thanks for that, so I can continue that way then. My teammates probably hated me already because I stole some of their kills from afar, but at least it didn't go further than that.;)

Thanks for that, so I can continue that way then. My teammates probably hated me already because I stole some of their kills from afar, but at least it didn't go further than that.;)
Is kill-stealing even a thing in Warframe? I thought all XP was shared for the group, as long as players are relatively nearby. Never have known the precise details though.

VariantX

You still get xp, but its boring as hell, as well as aggravating when you want to get the 5,000 xp bonuses but can't because your teammates are nuking everything faster than you can even line up your crosshairs on a target.

You still get xp, but its boring as hell, as well as aggravating when you want to get the 5,000 xp bonuses but can't because your teammates are nuking everything faster than you can even line up your crosshairs on a target.
Now that I understand. If some high level player is just wiping everything out its boring as hell. Some of them even think they're doing you a favor, which is nuts.

But in general, as a group playing through a mission players stealing kills here or there doesn't matter.

Alx

Even better then. I was assuming that you got XP for what you kill, but if everything is shared then everything is fine.
I'm rarely the overpowered one nuking everything actually, I mostly spam glaive throws in survival or defense missions, when enemies swarm us in groups. In regular missions, I'm usually the guy lagging behind because I don't master wallruns and sliding combos perfectly. The other day for an assassination, I got stuck for a few seconds in a pit, and never got to see the boss, he was dead before I arrived. :/

So, at the bottom of IGN's fairly standard press release regurgitation about Archwing hitting PC, there was this little nugget:

Digital Extremes has also announced that Warframe has surpassed twelve million registered players on all platforms, and has become the most downloaded game on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Worthy of a new thread in Gaming I suppose, though after the "massive success" of my DE acquisition post I don't feel particularly called to do so. I guess I should have titled it "Warframe bought by Chinese chicken supplier" instead.

Guess I'll wait for next update to play again who still plays? I got on was zero clan peeps on

There's a core group of us still, but EST is pretty slim right now.

The game in general seems to be hit pretty hard by Destiny, recruiting is very quiet. Certainly Archwing should bring some peoe back, but no need to wait for an update to come on.

Alx

My first Forma is in the oven, but I'm not even sure what to do with it. I could build dual-handed pistols (those are Mirage's I think), boost a frame or a weapon... or donate it to my clan, but since I don't know when I'll be able to make another one, I don't think I'm ready to give it away. Any advice ?

manfestival

There's a core group of us still, but EST is pretty slim right now.

The game in general seems to be hit pretty hard by Destiny, recruiting is very quiet. Certainly Archwing should bring some peoe back, but no need to wait for an update to come on.

ARCHWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I've been on(briefly) most days and it's been a ghost town. Usually the only one on, even during the day/sat night. I'll be on more probably though. Binding of issac will take some time away but destiny is dropping. Any word on update 15? Is that top hat guy in it or later?

Yeah I've been on(briefly) most days and it's been a ghost town.
The new UI doesn't help. Been popping in now and then to catch up on some quests and get used to the new UI (I still keep hitting triangle after slotting in a mod, dammit).

You can't easily tell which planets or missions have other players in em. You have to specifically drill over each mission on each planet to look. Its crazy how inefficient it is compared to the wonky starmap of old that at least presented a decent amount of info at a glance. That can't be helping matters.

manfestival

The new UI doesn't help. Been popping in now and then to catch up on some quests and get used to the new UI (I still keep hitting triangle after slotting in a mod, dammit).

You can't easily tell which planets or missions have other players in em. You have to specifically drill over each mission on each planet to look. Its crazy how inefficient it is compared to the wonky starmap of old that at least presented a decent amount of info at a glance. That can't be helping matters.

I don't mind most of the new UI but yeah fuck the mod menus lol. What a step back.

Yeah I feel the same way. I kinda miss the old "get used to it" UI. This is just unintuitive and it doesnt give you the same feeling of progression as before.

Yeah I feel the same way. I kinda miss the old "get used to it" UI. This is just unintuitive and it doesnt give you the same feeling of progression as before.
I love most of the in-ship stuff, especially how the foundry shows what it's cooking. There are some damn nice touches.

But beyond immersion, a UI needs to bubble up important information and let the player's take in everything they need at a glance. And in that respect the navigation screen needs some serious work. Its better than trying to follow those spindly lines between missions on the old star-map, but this new design, while pretty, is only good for finding alerts, invasions and quest locations.

Try to use that navigation screen to find survival or defense missions where there are other players. Hell, to find any missions with other players. By the time I found one and equipped the right frame and weapon set for the mission it'd be over - so it has seriously cut down the amount of games I've played with random players. I've solo'd some stuff but the just let the game sit until Warframe buddies show up every once in a while.

If they added little squad icons to the circle of planets and then again over each mission tile once you've drilled in that'd go a long way towards making it easier for players to group up. That or a "Quick Match" option with some filters, or a timer that lets you swap your frame and loadout before jumping into the mission.

VariantX

I love most of the in-ship stuff, especially how the foundry shows what it's cooking. There are some damn nice touches.

But beyond immersion, a UI needs to bubble up important information and let the player's take in everything they need at a glance. And in that respect the navigation screen needs some serious work. Its better than trying to follow those spindly lines between missions on the old star-map, but this new design, while pretty, is only good for finding alerts, invasions and quest locations.

Try to use that navigation screen to find survival or defense missions where there are other players. Hell, to find any missions with other players. By the time I found one and equipped the right frame and weapon set for the mission it'd be over - so it has seriously cut down the amount of games I've played with random players. I've solo'd some stuff but the just let the game sit until Warframe buddies show up every once in a while.

If they added little squad icons to the circle of planets and then again over each mission tile once you've drilled in that'd go a long way towards making it easier for players to group up. That or a "Quick Match" option with some filters, or a timer that lets you swap your frame and loadout before jumping into the mission.

This is what they totally overlooked when they added this fancy new UI. Try finding out which dark sectors are having conflicts vs ones that are not. You only get shown that info once in the lower right hand corner of your screen and thats if you happen to be paying attention to it. Otherwise, theres no quick way to find out whats going on, you'll be forced to go all the way out tot he planet and check it yourself. In U15, they added a info screen displaying all alerts, invasions, faction missions and whatnot, but the Dark Sector conflict info is STILL not there. Its just not easily accessible to the user.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
They're also on the list of devolpers for that playstation experience in December. Wonder what they'll show. Surely update 15 will be out by then. It's out on pc already I think.

Ade

There was, with an attempt at building a clan, but it didn't last.

Bugger. I've just started getting into this on the XB1 and figuring stuff out (Got a bunch of 30 gear, couple of frames and a rhino in the oven) but I'm not sure if its time zones or what but I struggle to find people for most missions that I want to do.

Alx

It can depend on the missions... most of the time I don't wait too much in the lobbies, I just start the mission, and it's not rare that other players join me ingame. Or sometimes I accept random invitations, but right now I'm soloing a lot (I have several frames to level up).
Maybe being in a clan helps, after we failed to create a NeoGaf one, we joined an existing big one. I can send you an invite if you're looking for one...

Ade

It can depend on the missions... most of the time I don't wait too much in the lobbies, I just start the mission, and it's not rare that other players join me ingame. Or sometimes I accept random invitations, but right now I'm soloing a lot (I have several frames to level up).
Maybe being in a clan helps, after we failed to create a NeoGaf one, we joined an existing big one. I can send you an invite if you're looking for one...

That'd be handy, thanks

Alx

Just got a big platinum refund this morning on XB1, apparently for an issue with item purchases that they just solved. I almost feel bad for getting all that "money" since I didn't have any issue myself. Nice gesture anyway. :)

Ade

Just got a big platinum refund this morning on XB1, apparently for an issue with item purchases that they just solved. I almost feel bad for getting all that "money" since I didn't have any issue myself. Nice gesture anyway. :)

Aye I got some too, very nice of them and not something you'd usually see happen from most publishers.

Ploid 3.0

This game piss me off so much at times. The best mode to play seem to be eliminate since there's no crazy amount of respawning enemies. I only play solo so that's quite annoying.

Finally beat that first boss dude yesterday and he chewed through my bullets. I had to run away from everything pretty much after finally killing him. Bullets seem to be my weakness, which makes the unlimited spawning especially bad for me. I can't just keep shooting at the new enemies, they will eventually force me to want to run past them and continue running as I'd most likely get surrounded if I stop to shoot new dudes.

Alx

I understand the feeling, I found it hard at first since I'm mostly playing solo too. It gets much easier once you've gathered and upgraded enough mods to be more lethal and less fragile.
In general when overpowered I find it easier to go slowly and shoot enemies from cover. I was more afraid of heavy enemies with stuff like flame throwers or rocket launchers, that would kill me fast.

VariantX

Apparently I was made clan Warlord at some point in the past few weeks when I was already absent, but I really wont be playing much for the forseeable future due to me playing other games, having a busted L-stick on my Dualshock 4 and other IRL stuff. If anyone who is still actively playing the game wants to take the position just let me know as it wouldn't make sense for me to hold that position and not be there to do things a clan Warlord should.

Ronin Ray

Apparently I was made clan Warlord at some point in the past few weeks when I was already absent, but I really wont be playing much for the forseeable future due to me playing other games, having a busted L-stick on my Dualshock 4 and other IRL stuff. If anyone who is still actively playing the game wants to take the position just let me know as it wouldn't make sense for me to hold that position and not be there to do things a clan Warlord should.

What!! VariantX is the last man standing

manfestival

What!! VariantX is the last man standing
whaaaaaaaat
Warframe GAF is slowly being put into the ground :-(

:(
I want to help but I have been traveling about. Just got back from a cruise the other day.
ADC-2014-GROUP.jpeg

I would point out where I was in this picture but it's... POINTLESS

dohohoho

VariantX

I should have phrased it better, but yeah, I'm taking a break for at least a couple of months or updates. I've been playing nearly every day since January up into mid October. I'd like to actually clear out some of my backlog + come back to Warframe a bit later so it will feel more fresh to me like back when I first started playing last year.

frizby

I'll be back directly. Probably next update. Destiny has grabbed my attention for a while, but all of my characters are maxed so I'm hitting diminishing returns in that game.

Will have to see about the clan, if there's anything left of it.

Was happy to see the Boar freebie. Only weapon in the game that I didn't have.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I've been on most days for brief bits and there's been zero ppl on. I dunno what happened. Mookid, kcarpe and helscream all left around Halloween.

Edgeward

I just sign on to collect my extractors and my log in bonus. Little burned out from the grinding treadmill and with the major revisions to powers ahead not much to do until then.

Top Bottom