• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How is Borderlands 2 on vita?

Yeah, unless you're 100% hardcore borderlands fan, it is not fully recommended.

Perfomance issues have been improoved a little, is playable, is fun, etc. but is still not a good performance.

They have said they're working on a patch, so I'd wait to see how that's going to be.

My biggest problem with the game on Vita is that it crashes often when in weapons menu.

And I think that's it. I'm still playing, lvl 30 now, and love it, but I can't recommend it at a 100%.

SeanR1221

Framerate is too slow for the default controller sensitivity. Turn it down 1-2 notches and it becomes MUCH more playable. It's decent. Sanctuary is where framerates are the worst as well as capt flynt's ship. Outside of that it is not so bad. Not like the PS3 version was much better anyway.

It definitely has more than 4 enemies at once. Lot of hyperbole going on overstating the severity of the downgrades.

If you want Borderlands on the go, it's fine.

But if they ever release BL1/2/TPS on PS4, I'll be in remote play heaven.

Actually I found the decreased enemy count to be a benefit when soloing, making the game a bit easier to manage when solo TVHM. (But it's more than 4 enemies)

It's definitely around 4. I haven't played it since it launched but I put a decent amount of time into it and it was usually 4 guys at once.

J3ffro

I completely read your subject as in "How did they ever get that deal made?" or something along those lines. I instantly wondered why you were so incredulous and had to click the topic.

i think I need more sleep.

Chesskid1

Banned
i bought it for $15 a few days ago and i really regret it.

playing it on the ps3 it's really fun, running around, looting, killing things.

playing it on the vita just feels like a chore, everything is not smooth and it feels like a slog, which is weird b/c it's the same damn game! just going through the motions instead of having an enjoyable time.

i wouldnt recommend it and i usually don't care about framerate, 30fps is no problem for me.

it's cool they got it running on the vita, though.

BigDug13

It's definitely around 4. I haven't played it since it launched but I put a decent amount of time into it and it was usually 4 guys at once.

I don't know what to tell you. I've got guys in TVHM mode and there are definitely more than 4 enemies on screen at once.

ZeroX03

Banned
Bought a code because I was looking for a good co-op Vita game to play. This was not a good port. Avoid it.

still without a good co-op Vita game :(

Borderlands 2 Snapshot or "should you buy it?... yes"

Honestly OP, the video above PERFECTLY sums up whether or not you should.

That being said, im one those people who can honestly let the novelty of having the portable experience overrule the technical compromises.

- I adored EDF 2017 portable and finished it. Still gonna go back to it to.
- I platinumed Stranger's Wrath, not on PS3, but on vita.
- The only way I'll ever play something like Persona4 is on the vita
- I preferred Dragon's Crown on vita, despite the worse framerate
- I prefer to play the Sly series on vita, despite the halved framerate and compressed sound
- I prefer WipeOut 2048 over WipeOut HD

....eh, I think you see where im going with this. Borderlands 2 is a no brainer for me.

Also, gotta keep the scene alive :)

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Obviously it's the worst version of the game on a technical level but that hasn't stopped me from playing it because I dealt with this sort of performance before (Bethesda games on PS3) so I can look past it and play the game just because it's portable.

One more for its perfectly serviceable. I bought BL2 on PS3 at launch and played about 2 hours total (after burning through BL1 quick fast) grabbed the vita version at launch for like 20 bucks and have put in about 60 hours in between 2 characters.

If youre expecting a PS3 game in your hand no, but PS2.5 quality in your hands with admittedly dodgy framerate and its damn fun. 4 enemies at a time feels like FUD because you can still get your ass kicked by them and Im sure theres been more than 4 enemies on my screen at a time.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
4 enemies at a time feels like FUD because you can still get your ass kicked by them and Im sure theres been more than 4 enemies on my screen at a time.
This is only somewhat truth...
The game prefers it to keep it at 4 enemy's in the early levels but end game I have seen more than 6 at any moment while I'm playing in Vault Hunter Mode.

This is only somewhat truth...
The game prefers it to keep it at 4 enemy's in the early levels but end game I have seen more than 6 at any moment while I'm playing in Vault Hunter Mode.

I havent made it to TVHM and Im pretty sure theres been more than that in boss battles. I agree the game prefers to keep the numbers low, but it also spawns them throughout the fight. It feels like you get the same amount on PS3 and Vita but you arent mobbed in the Vita version.

nakedeyes

Banned
Plus 1 to disagreeing with this.

4 May be a norm, but I have seen around 8-10 during large battles ( still less than console ). Honestly, I don't notice this downgrade a load while playing.

Frame rate is not great, and it is most noticeable during aiming ( which is a bit painful ).

That's said, it's staggering for a portable title. Great for on the go play. Leagues ahead of what traditional portable versions of console games offer ( remember game boy mortal mom at or game.com duke nukem?! ).

It's obviously a downgrade, but if you like BL and desire a meaty portable adventure, it's great! I don't get all the hate this port gets.

Top Bottom