• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of known compatible PS3 games for the Dualshock 4

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Final Fantasy: Lightening Returns
FUCK YES! This makes me so happy!

Wait, I just came here to say it DOESN'T work. Weird. It's isn't working for me at least.

Other confirmed games all work for me, too.

Was your DS4 registered as controller 2? Was your DS3 still plugged in or synced?

I've had problems with that before, I think. Something like that anyway. Made me think a game wasn't compatible when it was because I was still able to use my DS4 on the XMB.

Edit:

Can you use the DS4 wirelessly with the PS3 to play these games?

No :/ But I got a 10 foot micro USB to USB cable on Amazon (with free 2-day shipping, thanks Prime!) for just a few bucks. Since then (back before the PS4 launched) I play PS3 games pretty much exclusively with my DS4 (except when forced not to). Worth the money and more, I highly recommend it.

Jigorath

Banned
Thank God Dark Souls 2 is compatible. I'm sick of putting the PS3 controller down and having my character accidentally attack an NPC because of those stupid hyper sensitive bumpers.

Camjo-Z

o snap, DS4 works with PSAS? Looks like I can finally play multiplayer with my brothers without having to resort to online Vita/PS3 double account crossplay tomfoolery.

FYI...some games appear to work, but some of the functions do not. Even the analog stick movement can sometimes be off.

Guardians of Middle Earth...analog stick works but L1/R1 do not...game can't be played without.

FYI...some games appear to work, but some of the functions do not. Even the analog stick movement can sometimes be off.

Guardians of Middle Earth...analog stick works but L1/R1 do not...game can't be played without.

That should be noted next to the games.

Kingdom Hearts HD had a problem where an extreme northwest analog input registered as walking which might be considered unplayable to some but I put over a hundred hours into it without a problem thanks to dodge rolling and clever camera adjustment. Totally preferable to a DS3. But that's my opinion.

Any flaws should be noted (which for the most part have been) and left up to the player's discretion.

Don't know what changed but Zen Pinball (which I love) works. Well, the Paranormal table, the Blade table, the Sorcerer's Lair table and Spiderman all work flawlessly (sans the force feedback...kinda feels like I'm playing on a tablet without).

Zen Pinball and Mortal Kombat have me back gaming on my PS3 for a little bit. God I hated the DS3.

I started getting a system message saying that the PS3 is supplying the maximum power to USB devices and to remove at least one. Only a DS4 is connected. Sometimes button inputs still work and sometimes they don't. It only started happening after the current update.

I researched it and people have been reporting the error message for a few years, with solutions like changing the cable or USB slot being used. These didn't work for me. Someone said it could be about third party accessories.

Aliens: Colonial Marines definitely works with the DS4. Got it for £3 (worth it even if it is supposed to be awful :lol) the other day.

Great to see so many games work with the DS4. I just got my first PS3 and I hate to say it but I don't really like the PS3 controller so I think I'll buy a DS4 for it.

FSLink

Banned
Got to agree that an incompatibility/issues list makes more sense when it appears the majority of PS3 games work.

ksdixon

Does TLOU work? I know it's listed as working, and I'm aware that shaking the controller to stop the flashlight from flickering won't work, but in single player I'm having issues pressing the share button for select to craft items (options on ds4 being 'start' on the ds3). On MP the share button worked for crafting weapons.

Does TLOU work? I know it's listed as working, and I'm aware that shaking the controller to stop the flashlight from flickering won't work, but in single player I'm having issues pressing the share button for select to craft items (options on ds4 being 'start' on the ds3). On MP the share button worked for crafting weapons.

I've played TLOU Single Player a bunch with a DS4 and while 'share' for 'select' is not as quick and easy to access (which is a pain given some times when the button might be needed on the fly) the button itself has always worked for me.

ksdixon

Thanks. Just realized the controller chord wasn't quite pushed-in all the way possible, it's working now. Silly me!

ocean

Banned
Bumping with two confirmations and one question:

Bayonetta doesn't work. More specifically, the R2 button doesn't respond, making it impossible to evade. It's a shame because playing on this controller would've been a joy.

Super Street Fighter IV: AE is working perfectly for me though.

Does anybody know whether Okami is working? I'm looking into buying that game :)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Guys ..

bumping this thread .. just wanted to ask the general response.

I'm someone whose more used to the 360 controller, having recently shifted to a PS3 I find the dualshock sticks ... not as fun... for shooter type games.

Is the Dualshock 4 an improvement ? as in as far as the sticks goes, or is it still as loose.

I know via OP that the Home button doesnt work, and the sixaxis things don't work, which is absolutely fine. I think the last notable game that used it was .. what Killzone 3 I think ? . so no biggy there.

Guys ..

bumping this thread .. just wanted to ask the general response.

I'm someone whose more used to the 360 controller, having recently shifted to a PS3 I find the dualshock sticks ... not as fun... for shooter type games.

Is the Dualshock 4 an improvement ? as in as far as the sticks goes, or is it still as loose.

I know via OP that the Home button doesnt work, and the sixaxis things don't work, which is absolutely fine. I think the last notable game that used it was .. what Killzone 3 I think ? . so no biggy there.
A huge improvement, I struggle with both that DS4 and the 360 controller now.
The only other game that needs sixaxis is TLOU, but only for the torch as mentioned above.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The DualShock 4 Can Now Be Used Wirelessly On PS3

Connect DS4 with wire to PS3 then turn on.
Go to Accessory settings.
Select Manage Bluetooth Devices, and scan for device.
While scanning hold the PS & Share buttons on the DS4.
Select Wireless Controller. The DS4 light should now be white.
Unplug wire and test it out.

It works! One little thing, though, you have to disconnect the Dualshock 4 for the PS3 to find it. So just unplug it while it's scanning then reconnect it again to select wireless controller (of just use a DS3 or whatever).

jwk94

Thanks!

wilflare

this is greatGREAT news :O

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet, but I think this list is better than the one in the OP as I've also recorded incompatible games and there is at least one error in the OP. Gribble, would you consider updating with this list instead?

-----A-----
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Assassins Creed II/IV (two and four)
Atelier Rorona/Totori/Meruru

-----B-----
Batman Arkham Origins/Arkham City
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Battlefield 3/4
Bioshock 1/Infinite
Binary Domain
Bloodstone
Borderlands 2
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

-----C-----
Call of Duty complete series
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Carnivores HD
Castle Crashers
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Catherine
Cave, The
Conan
Crysis series

-----D-----
Dark Souls I & II
Dark Void
Darkstalkers Chronicles
Deadly Premonition
Dead Space 1/3
Dead Rising 2
Demon's Souls
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Devil May Cry 1/2 HD Classic
Diablo 3
Disgaea D2
Dishonored
Disney Infinity
DmC: Devil May Cry
Doom 3 BFG Edition
Dragon's Crown
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Dust514
Dyad

-----E-----
EA Sports MMA (no rumble affects some game features)
Earthworm Jim HD

-----F-----
Far Cry series
Fat Princess
Fatal Frame 1/2 (PS2)
Final Exam
Final Fantasy XIV

-----G-----
Galaga Legions DX
God of War complete series
Gran Turismo HD
GRID 2
Guacamelee!
Guided Fate Paradox, The
Guilty Gear X

-----H-----
Hamster Ball
Hard Corps: Uprising
Heavy Rain (no motion sensing)
Hotline Miami
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

-----I-----
Infamous series
Ico

-----J-----
Joe Danger 1/2
Journey
Just Cause 2

-----K-----
Killer is Dead
Killzone series (Motion sensor explosives don't work)
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD (slight issue with walking but it's playable)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Knytt Underground

-----L-----
Last Guy, The
Last of Us, The
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Limbo
LittleBigPlanet 1/2 (Motion sensing and MOVE don't work)

-----M-----
Machinarium
Malicious
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Mass Effect series
Megaman 10
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Slug 1/2
Metro: Last Light
Minecraft
Mirror's Edge
MLB the Show II
ModNation Racers
Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Mortal Kombat
Motorstorm: Apocalypse/Pacific Rift
Mugen Souls

-----N-----
NBA Jam
NBA Live 10
NCAA Football 14
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Ninja Gaiden 3
NHL2K8
NHL14

-----O-----
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Outland

-----P-----
Pacific Rim
Pac-man Championship Edition DX
Payday 2
Persona 4 Arena
Pinball Arcade
PixelJunk Shooter
Plants vs. Zombies
Portal 2
Prototype
PS1 Games
Puppeteer
Puzzle Dimension

-----R-----
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
Rayman Legends/Origins
Red Dead Redemption
Red Faction (PS2)
Renegade Ops
Resistance 2
Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil 4 HD
Resident Evil 5/6
Rochard
Rush N Attack: Ex Patriot

-----S-----
Savage Moon
Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
Shadow of the Colossus
Shadows of the Damned
Skyrim
Sleeping Dogs
Soldner-X: Himmelsturmer
Sonic CD/Generations
Soul Calibur 5
Sound Shapes
Spec Ops: The Line
Spelunky
Splinter Cell HD Trilogy
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Split/Second
Stacking
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Super Stardust HD

-----T-----
Tales of Graces F
Tales of Xillia
Tekken 6/Revolution/Tag Tournament 2
Terraria
Tokyo Jungle
Tomb Raider
Trine

-----U-----
UFC Undisputed 3
Uncharted 1/2/3
Under Siege
Unfinished Swan, The

-----V-----
Valkyria Chronicles
Vanquish
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

-----W-----
Warhawk
Wipeout HD
Wolfenstein
WWE 2K14

-----X-----
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

-----Y-----
Yakuza 4

-----Z-----
Zen Pinball

-----Not working-----
Bayonetta (R2 button does not respond)
Bionic Commando (2008)
Bit.trip Runner 2
Bloodrayne Betrayal
Burnout Paradise
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 demo (the analogue sticks don't respond at all)
Devil May Cry 3 HD Classic
Gran Turismo 5 + Prologue
GTAV
Guardians of Middle Earth
Jak & Daxter Collection (only the analogue sticks work)
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Okami HD
PixelJunk Racers
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (R2 and L2 buttons do not work)
Remember Me (combat system doesn't work)
Resistance 3
Retro/Grade
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Shatter
Trash Panic
Walking Dead, The
Wolf Among Us, The

Tenshi Hauru

Neo Member
Disney Infinity does work with Dualshock 4 and I don't see that on the list. No known issues that I see.

Thanks for the list, OP. Will be nice to have a bookmarked reference list for Dualshock 4 games.

Just for anybody concerned. ICO classics HD doesn't work very well with the Dualshock 4. It seems the analogue controls only let the player run forward, left right and back. For some reason you only walk when you are moving diagonally. I thought it was the game at first then tried my Dualshock 3 and it worked fine.

Just a slight update. Playing through Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes at the moments and everything is working except the triggers which is a shame.

Qwell

Sweet, I had no idea you could use it wireless, I just use a 15ft USB cable so I could use it, been doing that since before the PS4 came out since the DS4 was in stores like a month early. Going to have to try it tonight and play some more Fuse ... which if the usability is the same as wired, could be added to the list of games. Oh and Army of Two: Devils Cartel.

Top Bottom