• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game has the most obnoxiously loud logo/startup sounds?

Jetman

So happy to see all of my main offenders up here: Double Dragon Neon, Quantum Conundrum, and any Street Fighter 4 title screen.

Tapejara

Nier

"Weiss you dumbass, you better start making sense you rotten book or you're gonna be sorry. Maybe I'll rip your pages out one by one, or maybe I'll put you in the goddamn furnance. How can someone with such a big, smart brain be hypnotized like a little bitch, huh? Oh, Shadowlord, I love you Shadowlord. Come over here and give Weiss a big sloppy kiss, Shadowlord. Now pull you're head out of your goddamn ass and start fucking helping us!"

Edit. You hear this when you start the game and later during the story when its a bit more relevant.

They did the same thing with Drakengard 3. I'd link to it but I'm on mobile.

DC R1D3R

Banned
anisonicgame.gif

no one did it better!

rekameohs

Banned
That terrifying feeling when the click on the Wii health and safety warning is so loud that you gotta rush to the remote and mute it before the deafening menu music opening.

And yeah, Double Dragon Neon is hilarious on XMB. I remember some other bad ones, like Lords of Shadow.

I always felt that the Team Ninja intro audio balance was always way off. It either was insanely loud compared to the actual game, or super quiet.
I used to know which TN games had stupidly loud intros and those that didn't, it seemed that the demo versions were really quiet. DOA3 was practically muted after I turned down the volume from the intro.

Top Bottom