• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Board Games Thread: Async Multiplatform Meeples

PittaGAF

FYI updating to iOS 8.1 automagically solved all the lag problems in Lost Cities AT LAST.
Confirmed by me (finally my favorite async head to head game is back) and the dev via twitter.

I still have people listed since iOS8 first came out (Astrolad?) so you may want to check it out.

Without changing anything on my end Ascension is working again.
No more crashing.

There's an update available for iOS8 people.(I'm still on iOS7)

FYI updating to iOS 8.1 automagically solved all the lag problems in Lost Cities AT LAST.
Confirmed by me (finally my favorite async head to head game is back) and the dev via twitter.

I still have people listed since iOS8 first came out (Astrolad?) so you may want to check it out.

OH MAN, Lost Cities is the app I miss the most from my switch from iOS to Android about a year ago. So good.

PittaGAF

OH MAN, Lost Cities is the app I miss the most from my switch from iOS to Android about a year ago. So good.

Yeah it is...and Coding Monkeys are my favorite boardgame dev...but I must admit I was really pissed off by the fact that Lost Cities stopped working properly about a month ago despite the updates.
Apparently it was just a Game Center backend that Apple changed in before iOS8 rollout...now with iOS8.1 everything is back to normality again.
People still on iOS8.0X are still having problems tough (like half an hour to load the turns...or 10 minutes to submit).

Thrak360

Neo Member
I know, you don't know how many times I've nearly hit the "Update All" button though.
Some people on the Facebook made the mistake and they can't go back.
That sucks, I just have to remember not to ever hit Update All ever again? Quite frequently in the past, I have just used the Update All button when there are multiple apps listed. Fortunately yesterday, I clicked on the update details for Ascension before doing that.

Heel

Sorry for rejecting and missing so many invites, guys. I've been on a PS4 kick as of late and don't want to be "that guy" haha. Carc does sound like fun, though!

Heel

Ascension notes "Please only apply this update if you have iOS 8."

Uh, or what? Do I have to live with this pending update on iOS 7, or is this just a temp fix?

Heel

Why would you update it for ios7 when the update specifically says only update if your are ios8?

Some people have auto update enabled on iOS. I'm pretty sure it's the default, actually.

Why would you post an update that breaks the game for half the user base, then do it again for the other half, is probably the better question...haha.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Some people have auto update enabled on iOS. I'm pretty sure it's the default, actually.

Why would you post an update that breaks the game for half the user base, then do it again for the other half, is probably the better question...haha.
I didn't even know you could auto update. I'll have to check it out.

So Playdek is having an Ascension sale, I still won't buy Darkness Unleashed, as they have to get their KS perks straightened out.
What perks are you waiting on? Are Stoneblade responsible for the kickstarter perks or has that obligation passed on to Playdek?
I don't know how they resolved it. Last I remember was reading about a lot of disappointment over the design of the wooden card box.

There's a new Ascension update which is safe (they say) for all devices. There's a notification fix too.
Edit:
45Kyp48.jpg

It's safe

Yep, works fine on iOS 7.

How are the last two expansions and last two promo packs for Ascension?
I'm playing tons of games with the last 2 expansions and I like it. Obviously you'll get your share of runaway victory situations, but lots have gone to the wire.

If only I could get it to stop crashing when I start it...

mercviper

Nooooo I didn't mean to scrap that trade world

Edit: gg. Mercviper wins over Lunarknite. I would've been so pissed if I lost because I gave you a 30% chance to win by accident lol

Tim, tourney match when our current ends?

Nooooo I didn't mean to scrap that trade world

Edit: gg. Mercviper wins over Lunarknite. I would've been so pissed if I lost because I gave you a 30% chance to win by accident lol

Tim, tourney match when our current ends?

Haha, good game. I had a feeling I'd lose just because of how fast you were going through your deck while I still had all the basics. Almost snuck out with a win, but all those scouts. =P

Oh man, RaySpencer, that game was the craziest comeback victory! Yellows and Brain World completely saved my ass.

Yeah just nuts. Haha.

You were at 1hp vs my like 58? 60+? But I still had so much crud in my deck that I couldn't pull anything good out the next turn and then you just crushed me in 2 turns. Haha.

Great job!

Ainaurdur

Kicking myself. Somehow my AppShopper wish list email notifications were turned off, could swear I had them on. I missed the Talisman sale this past weekend. Made sure to check the box and hope it stays on this time. Oh well, next time.

i don't get many carcassonne invites these days

anyone up for a quick basic game?

i also have all of the expansions

seems like gaf abandoned carc

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i don't get many carcassonne invites these days

anyone up for a quick basic game?

i also have all of the expansions

seems like gaf abandoned carc

I'll totally play Carc. I only have two games going but always have fun with them. I'm a little bit slower with my turns because I don't have time at work but in the evenings I can always crank out turns. (Plus not like it's a big deal to have a Carc game going for a while so long as everyone takes at least a turn or so a day.) I actually really enjoy every expansion except The River. Start up a game with 2-3 gaffers!

Slacker

I'll totally play Carc. I only have two games going but always have fun with them. I'm a little bit slower with my turns because I don't have time at work but in the evenings I can always crank out turns. (Plus not like it's a big deal to have a Carc game going for a while so long as everyone takes at least a turn or so a day.) I actually really enjoy every expansion except The River. Start up a game with 2-3 gaffers!

Even Princess & Dragon? You are a diehard fan sir. :)

Sorry guys, Ive been busy
(and lazy)
, I havent forgotten about an Ascension tournament! The problem is we wanted this tournament to be a new style, and a little bigger than our normal in thread ones, and I havent really sat down and planned out all the new stuff for the thread, normally I just need to toss out a sign up list, and plug it into challonge, and thats about it.

Grifter

I'm pretty caught up with the iOS games in the OP, but not so much with 2014 releases. Got tired of straining my eyes so I have a 6+ incoming. Any iOS must-plays that aren't mentioned in the OP?

Hearthstone any good? =)

I'm pretty caught up with the iOS games in the OP, but not so much with 2014 releases. Got tired of straining my eyes so I have a 6+ incoming. Any iOS must-plays that aren't mentioned in the OP?

Hearthstone any good? =)

Have you tried Star Realms?
Galaxy Trucker is coming in a iPhone version, supposedly before the end of the year.
[fears for how it will fit on my 4S]

Top Bottom