• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare - A New Era of Multiplayer

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Ghosts has its flaws but its still good fun. I have ALOT of time in on Ghosts and I don't get the hate.

For the people saying frame rate sucks on ps4 - I think you're mistaken. There is absolutely zero slowdown on any map period.

I still play all the time as do my friends and its fun. I will continue to play it after COD:AW releases.

For all those saying "Treyarch deliver us" - its just too much. I couldn't stand WaW, BLop 1 (worst in series period) or BLop 2 (not as bad as one). They have NOTHING on the MW series. The movement, the hit detection was straight trash.

CoD MP is all I play (occasionally play the blockbuster exclusive when I need a break) for the past 7 years. I find it be extremely fun and competitive. After a long day of work and all my kids go to sleep I wreck kids. I feel like Senator Francis Underwood.

I'm 40, have a high paying job and I'm ranked 83 in the world in TDM w/ a near 2.0 K/D. Don't mess with my CoD.

=P
There is on my version. Not sure why you're the exception.

vin-buc

I should rephrase my original comment. It should read "I dont feel the framerate stutter as i used to." I was not trying to say that the framerate is perfect (that's how it may have come across). I play alot and maybe i just got used to it - but it DOES NOT feel like it used to when it launched.

I'm sure the frames dip but it's few and far between to ruin the gameplay (for me). Those who say "janky as hell" and "a mess" that may be an exaggeration (or maybe it's coming across like my comment of no problems at all).

I should rephrase my original comment. It should read "I dont feel the framerate stutter as i used to." I was not trying to say that the framerate is perfect (that's how it may have come across). I play alot and maybe i just got used to it - but it DOES NOT feel like it used to when it launched.

I'm sure the frames dip but it's few and far between to ruin the gameplay (for me). Those who say "janky as hell" and "a mess" that may be an exaggeration (or maybe it's coming across like my comment of no problems at all).

One man's few and far between is another man's "janky as hell'. It was pretty janky for me.

vin-buc

One thing that is bothering me is that even with all the new movement, some maps seem to still have invisible walls everywhere.

Those invisible walls will always be there - we don't want people shooting from the sky (see hacked lobbies).

What irks me is that when you fire a sniper rifle bullet through glass - it doesn't break it only shatters. If you throw a nade or jump through a window it breaks through.......since the first MW. They didn't upgrade the physics part of the engine i guess.

Why can't this change???

Wynnebeck

Banned
Those invisible walls will always be there - we don't want people shooting from the sky (see hacked lobbies).

What irks me is that when you fire a sniper rifle bullet through glass - it doesn't break it only shatters. If you throw a nade or jump through a window it breaks through.......since the first MW. They didn't upgrade the physics part of the engine i guess.

Why can't this change???

Uh physics says that is perfectly fine. Glass doesn't always break or shatter when you shoot it. Also, I said fuck it and pre-ordered it this evening. I was going to wait to see the reviews, but that Day Zero Edition is too tempting to pass up.

Uh physics says that is perfectly fine. Glass doesn't always break or shatter when you shoot it. Also, I said fuck it and pre-ordered it this evening. I was going to wait to see the reviews, but that Day Zero Edition is too tempting to pass up.

It has a release day embargo?

yeah but its a problem when the map is designed in such a way that you should be able to get to certain places yet its blocked off.

The snow map in Advanced Warfare I have seen at least 10+ different players continuously trying to jump to the main roof from the 2nd level of the building and despite having about 10feet of clearance it has an invisible wall blocking it off.

The bunker level has this one area with a 5 foot tall ledge that also has an invisible wall on it

I miss the days of Overgrown and Highrise.

vin-buc

LoL - shooting glass with a 50 cal doesn't break/shatter? Shantytown restaurant rundown building windows could resist that velocity. We're not talking about a balloon, some scotch tape and a pin.

Tremor and the-castle-map-that-i-avoid-like-the-plague are hit with frame rate drops most frequently.

I think both next gen versions of AW will be optimized for 60fps.

digital foundry confirmed the x1 to be pretty damn stable. 3 single frame drops in like 22,000+ frames

Every year I swear that I will skip the latest COD, and every year I end up getting it. If nothing more, I will play through the campaign a few times and try the multiplayer before returning it. Or I end up getting terribly hooked on the latter. We shall see.

vin-buc

Tremor and the-castle-map-that-i-avoid-like-the-plague are hit with frame rate drops most frequently.

I think both next gen versions of AW will be optimized for 60fps.

I hope so but we'll see. Nothing has been announced/shown for ps4 (that's what I have). Also 900p for Xbox should be nice. BF is 900p on ps4 and it looks great (although there is a lot more going on).

Lé Blade Runner;135820654 said:
Every year I swear that I will skip the latest COD, and every year I end up getting it. If nothing more, I will play through the campaign a few times and try the multiplayer before returning it. Or I end up getting terribly hooked on the latter. We shall see.

I really have no idea how the campaign will turn out this year,
Feel like this is the least we have ever seen from a COD campaign pre launch.

dwr budr

Banned
like a lot of people I say never again when a new cod comes out and everytime i buckle and get it anyway, not convinced by this yet and really hated ghosts, having said that I love me some warfare action and a new camo dualshock 4 would go lovely with this.

Rainy Dog

Does anyone,anyone know if Mercenary playlists are in for Advanced Warfare? Despite me swearing off of COD I'm interested in picking this one up. But I would love to know if Merc playlists are going to be part of the rotation, Ghosts didn't offer this and it was no fun playing stuff like TDM against clans and getting wrecked...

I've never been godlike in any of the CODs but I at least managed above a 1.00 (lol) or higher. Highest I believe was 1.20 or something in MW2. In Ghosts I never got past rank 8-9 and just giving up. I didn't have any fun at all with Ghosts. Plus I was the first one from people I know in life who had a PS4, although that has changed this year.

It doesn't look like there is unfortunately. Mercenary TDM was the reason MW2 is my most played COD and why I kept going back to it. I just don't think it was very popular though. You couldn't see the player counts in those days but I remember noticing how low the playlist was populated during my brief stint with MW3.

Plus there's already Standard, Hardcore and Traditional playlists in AW with the various game modes in each of those that the community will be split between.

That said, a few weeks ago I was completely resigned to AW just not being for me. The focus on jumping, speed, gadgets etc. just looked too bonkers and over the top for my ageing reactions. But I jumped back on Ghosts recently after picking up the season pass for peanuts and it's made me all nostalgic for the basic formula again. It still feels and controls better than any other console shooter and the attention to detail in weapon handling and variety, and the breadth of options to cater to almost any playstyle is still unmatched. I really miss all that stuff after been a mostly BF player for the past few years.

So I've been catching up on some videos of AW and I'm back on board. I'm still concerned about all the leaping about and seeing players through walls but I've really come around to appreciating how it's finally bringing something genuinely new to the COD table. Over the past few years I'd bemoaned how each COD wasn't just the spiritual successor to COD4 that I'd always wanted but perhaps this change up is as good as that just in a different way? I hope so now and we'll see soon enough anyway.

Duxxy3

It doesn't look like there is unfortunately. Mercenary TDM was the reason MW2 is my most played COD and why I kept going back to it. I just don't think it was very popular though. You couldn't see the player counts in those days but I remember noticing how low the playlist was populated during my brief stint with MW3.

Plus there's already Standard, Hardcore and Traditional playlists in AW with the various game modes in each of those that the community will be split between.

That said, a few weeks ago I was completely resigned to AW just not being for me. The focus on jumping, speed, gadgets etc. just looked too bonkers and over the top for my ageing reactions. But I jumped back on Ghosts recently after picking up the season pass for peanuts and it's made me all nostalgic for the basic formula again. It still feels and controls better than any other console shooter and the attention to detail in weapon handling and variety, and the breadth of options to cater to almost any playstyle is still unmatched. I really miss all that stuff after been a mostly BF player for the past few years.

So I've been catching up on some videos of AW and I'm back on board. I'm still concerned about all the leaping about and seeing players through walls but I've really come around to appreciating how it's finally bringing something genuinely new to the COD table. Over the past few years I'd bemoaned how each COD wasn't just the spiritual successor to COD4 that I'd always wanted but perhaps this change up is as good as that just in a different way? I hope so now and we'll see soon enough anyway.

The split between standard and classic could decide the direction of the series. If the standard playlist isn't the most popular, by a large margin, you may never see this kind of movement in a COD game again.

maneil99

The split between standard and classic could decide the direction of the series. If the standard playlist isn't the most popular, by a large margin, you may never see this kind of movement in a COD game again.

There is no way standard isn't the highest populated playlist

Nokterian

Ghosts has an FOV slider now.

Yeah now took months and the start it didn't have it and beside that tons of issues with that game on PC. Blops 2 was better overall in terms of making a good pc game a FoV slider from the start to 80 and no more then 2 days later they bumped it up to 90 with no hassle, they hunted down cheaters (i didn't see any even today) they updated it a lot also first and better CoD i played from Day 1 without any issues at all i went in MP and just play that to me you made a great game from the get go. I prefer the map design in blops 1 and 2 over Ghosts. I just hate ghosts with those huge freaking maps that isn't CoD to me it was a sniper fest heaven it was like whack a mole..try to find your enemy somewhere on a huge map.

What i see now with AW they took huge inspiration from Treyarch with the pick system,overall map design looks good that's also a reason i am excited about it.

I preordred the digital pro edition. That's my first CoD after Black Ops 1, because it looks way more like old fast paced arena shooters.

For other multiple psn accounts user out there: Will the PS4 still download the game automatically even if I'm using a different account where I didn't purchased the game?

Duxxy3

There is no way standard isn't the highest populated playlist

That's my guess for launch window, but I don't know if people will stick to it. You know that there are people that won't even give the standard playlist a chance, so classic will have a population right from the start.

kiguel182

I think I'm going to pre order this. I still have to renew my plus subscrption so November is going to be an expensive month but fuck it. I need a multiplayer fps ans Destiny isn't pulling me back.

GTA will have to wait for christmas or something.

cripterion

I don't know who these people are but I guess it's Call of Duty heads loving more Call of Duty? That doesn't tell someone who is tired of their whole CoD formula much.

Rainy Dog

I can't really see the Traditional playlist working too well to be honest.

It looks like the maps have been primarily designed around the exo jumping abilities so much so that their flow is highly dependent on exo jumping traversal. I'm sure they'll be conveniently placed ladders so that there's nowhere only accessible by double jumping but I can't see how the layouts won't at least suffer proportionally without the exo movement.

Even if the new movement style is a roaring success for this game, I also still hope Treyarch do something more grounded for their game next year. Would be nice to have some real diversity in rotation for each studios take on the formula.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I don't know who these people are but I guess it's Call of Duty heads loving more Call of Duty? That doesn't tell someone who is tired of their whole CoD formula much.

Pretty much COD superfans.

Consists of youtubers and people affiliated with COD fansites all with large following/subscriber bases and post/stream tons of COD related content. I personally don't watch them but they probably have large enough fanbases where their opinions might sway a few buyers who are on the fence to dip their toes into COD again even despite being disappointed by Ghosts.

Understand your viewpoint but some of the biggest fans are also some of the games harshest critics so I'll give'em the benefit of the doubt that they are huge fans but not necessarily fan boys who think COD can do no wrong. Look at fellow gaffer Max...who used to post tons of COD videos but just abruptly stopped because he wasn't enjoying the games anymore. I kind of feel like its a good sign that some people who might have been turned off by ghosts are saying some good things about aw. makes me more optimistic.

kuYuri

Pretty much COD superfans.

Consists of youtubers and people affiliated with COD fansites all with large following/subscriber bases and post/stream tons of COD related content. I personally don't watch them but they probably have large enough fanbases where their opinions might sway a few buyers who are on the fence to dip their toes into COD again even despite being disappointed by Ghosts.

Understand your viewpoint but some of the biggest fans are also some of the games harshest critics so I'll give'em the benefit of the doubt that they are huge fans but not necessarily fan boys who think COD can do no wrong. Look at fellow gaffer Max...who used to post tons of COD videos but just abruptly stopped because he wasn't enjoying the games anymore. I kind of feel like its a good sign that some people who might have been turned off by ghosts are saying some good things about aw. makes me more optimistic.

For me, I used to post threads for videos and such, but I stopped because the negativity around here was not worth it. Why post a thread about a new trailer or other news when 90% of the posts are just gonna be negative, dismissive, or just straight up trolling that is left unchecked by mods just because Call of Duty is in the title or because it's not your favorite developer? Real discussion rarely tended to happen.

RedAssedApe

Banned
For me, I used to post threads for videos and such, but I stopped because the negativity around here was not worth it. Why post a thread about a new trailer or other news when 90% of the posts are just gonna be negative, dismissive, or just straight up trolling that is left unchecked by mods just because Call of Duty is in the title or because it's not your favorite developer? Real discussion rarely tended to happen.

i think it kind of comes with the territory with any high profile game series though. it just so happens that COD is at the top of that mountain. its become cool to hate cod since it has picked up so much mainstream appeal after mw...but at the same time some people do have legitimate complaints and concerns about the series. once the OT gets going generally things get better.

Mengetsu

This seems to be the case more and more on GAF in the past few years...I left GT and came here because of the way they posted. Between the PS+ ON PS4 Negativity with no "AAA" games to people bashing more often on games others like I just try to avoid posting at all now a days. Does COD have a community thread? If not I think it needs one to avoid this.

On topic sorta I pre ordered Advance Warfare on my PS4 going along with the deal of Spend $100.00 and get $15.00 back. It's 99.99 no tax on the PSN store so do I have to spend one cent to get the deal?

Anyone here want a slower COD? With more tactics, ground taking, depth and strategy.

All that video showed me was it's just more mind numbing shoot and jump. I want more depth, more persistent reactions to your actions.

Rainy Dog

On topic sorta I pre ordered Advance Warfare on my PS4 going along with the deal of Spend $100.00 and get $15.00 back. It's 99.99 no tax on the PSN store so do I have to spend one cent to get the deal?

I don't think you do based on the previous spend $60 get $10 back. But I'm gonna bag an avatar or something to bump it over the $100 just in case.

kuYuri

i think it kind of comes with the territory with any high profile game series though. it just so happens that COD is at the top of that mountain. its become cool to hate cod since it has picked up so much mainstream appeal after mw...but at the same time some people do have legitimate complaints and concerns about the series. once the OT gets going generally things get better.

Oh for sure, but there's a lot of crap to wade through, lol.

This seems to be the case more and more on GAF in the past few years...I left GT and came here because of the way they posted. Between the PS+ ON PS4 Negativity with no "AAA" games to people bashing more often on games others like I just try to avoid posting at all now a days. Does COD have a community thread? If not I think it needs one to avoid this.

It does not in Community side I think although I could be wrong, there is a Ghosts mp discussion thread but it's not active as people have moved on to other games, don't like the game, or don't play CoD anymore, etc.

And doesn't Sony usually give you the bonus if you're a cent off? I've heard of them doing this in the past with pay $50, get $10 back deals in which people buy the $49.99 PS+ 12 month sub and they will credit the $10 to your account.

EDIT: Here it is from a promotion from last year, it never hurts to ask on the PS Blog though just in case.
96NrbXi.jpg

Mengetsu

I don't think you do based on the previous spend $60 get $10 back. But I'm gonna bag an avatar or something to bump it over the $100 just in case.

I'll look more into it thanks.

It does not in Community side I think although I could be wrong, there is a Ghosts mp discussion thread but it's not active as people have moved on to other games, don't like the game, or don't play CoD anymore, etc.

And doesn't Sony usually give you the bonus if you're a cent off? I've heard of them doing this in the past with pay $50, get $10 back deals in which people buy the $49.99 PS+ 12 month sub and they will credit the $10 to your account.

I see. Either way it needs one and badly lol

Rainy Dog

Anyone here want a slower COD? With more tactics, ground taking, depth and strategy.

All that video showed me was it's just more mind numbing shoot and jump. I want more depth, more persistent reactions to your actions.

That's all I ever wanted from COD after MW1 and WaW. Both struck a near perfect balance between arcade and realism for me. But they instead branched off towards the killstreaks and perks and pursued those as the driving force for the franchise.

I suppose BO1 notched the speed back again after MW2 but I felt the quality and polish just wasn't there for that.

That's all I ever wanted from COD after MW1 and WaW. Both struck a near perfect balance between arcade and realism for me. But they instead branched off towards the killstreaks and perks and pursued those as the driving force for the franchise.

I suppose BO1 notched the speed back again after MW2 but I felt the quality and polish just wasn't there for that.

Yay. I'm not alone.

COD has had probably the best, most satisfying gun play in any game I've ever played. I just wished they would pair it with a deep immersive and engaging gameplay. Not just twitch shooting.

If you want to do a twitch shooter, do a Quake or Unreal game. Where you can have interesting weapons and levels. Not a goddamn quasi-real life military shooter.

Sushen

Lé Blade Runner;135820654 said:
You beat the game several times and return it? That doesn't sound right to me.

Same here. That's the reason I mainly play S&D. I'm afraid the exosuits might ruin it though this time around.

th4tguy

I like to play split screen with my wife. Cod is now one of the only games I can do that. As long as they keep having halfway fun gameplay and still allow me to play split screen, I'll buy.

.... Have they said if this one has split screen?

Edit: http://mp1st.com/2014/08/15/advance...ore-modes-10-15-prestige-levels/#.VEuxQfiCOnM

Looks like they do!

Preorder done. Awaiting 15$ credit and then it's a choice of unity or dragon age although I may be able to score a free copy of DA since it's an EA game...

EDIT: Here it is from a promotion from last year, it never hurts to ask on the PS Blog though just in case.

Oh, I didn't know about that. Is the participation automatically or did I had to do something?

Top Bottom