• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

bobohoro

Working on getting all standard scores to Excellent in Project Diva F and I just discovered that challenge items are pretty neat. Perfect risk/reward-system and since there is so much stuff to unlock and buy it really helps too. Overall, the more I play, the more I think that it is a pretty great rhythm game. Definitely going through it on Hard again, don't know if I'll tackle all of Extreme, since the songs only range from decent to annoying for me and I'd really have to practice a bit for that crazyness. Really recommending it to everyone who is looking for a rhytm game, give it a try even if you aren't a big fan of the vocaloid thing.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
His sister rushed out to revive him because Kirito as a Spriggan cannot save his respawn point in the city but can only do so on a Spriggan City. If he died then he has to start his journey again and it would be bad because not only will he waste time but there's also a chance he might be lost which will also waste time. This is with him rushing because Asuna is
gonna be forced sleep married to some fucktard who owns the game company
Yes, now i remember that' i didn't really get the point of some thing they said.

I finally got a PS vita hur rah!

Thing is ive run into problems

I got borderlands bundle

firstime i installed it it wouldnt work

ok fair enough

installed it on my ps3 and put it on my vita. update it works

next day go to play the game, it will not work and gives me error code C0-11474-7 and tells me to install the game again.

if this the future of digital games i dont want a part of it
xjPi6Th.gif

first time posting this gif! XD

Don't worry, usually everything works fine, you were just unlucky, maybe something with the download went wrong.

Is this a new game or something? I have lbp vita . is this a dlc of somekind? Adds new levels? Please help! Haga
It's just LBP with all the Marvel stuff, Europe only i think.

Like an hour 'til I start Extra Life 2014; 24 hours of Vita (and maybe some DRIVECLUB in there too!)
What's Extra Life? A stream? If so what games will be shown?

To all my fellow Resogun players:

https://twitter.com/Housemarque/status/521991713808994305

We should have more details about the second RESOGUN expansion in less than three weeks. Stay tuned.

That was posted last week on the 14th. Get ready! I also noticed on the PS Home screen for Resogun next week, they'll be dressing up the humans:

dkwYVDn.jpg

I can't stress this enough: Resogun is a must have game. In the same boat as Geometry Wars 2. "Just one more try..." aka "how the hell is it 4am already?".

Excited to see what Housemarque has up their sleeve for the next DLC. I'll leave you with a few screens:

14725016539_b83b707055_o.jpg
14724992100_9360fef410_o.jpg
14725057678_72c4c22167_o.jpg

Shizuka

Demos

Blood of the Werewolf (PS3)
Deadfall Adventures: Heart of Atlantis (PS3)

PS4 Games

Battle Islands
Costume Quest 2
Home
#KillAllZombies
Lords of the Fallen
NBA Live 15
Singstar
The Unfinished Swan

PS3 Games

Blood of the Werewolf
Costume Quest 2
Deadfall Adventures: Heart of Atlantis
MX Vs. ATV: Supercross
Singstar
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops
WWE 2K15

Vita Games

Freedom Wars
Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror
The Unfinished Swan
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops

http://www.psnstores.com/2014/10/playstation-store-sneak-peek-october-28th-2014/

ZeroAKA

iHrxNA0wcrBYN.png

It's still not too late to vote for Game of the Month! Either PM me on GAF (which I would prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Format the PM as such:
Subject: PSN GotM - <insert game title here>
Body: (optional - brief comment on why should people play this game or why this game deserves to be GotM)
Any incorrectly formatted PMs may be ignored. Voting ends on October 31. Good luck!

So far, I've gotten nominations for Senran Kagura, Pix the Cat, Minecraft, Freedom Wars, The Evil Within, and Race the Sun, in order from most votes to least votes. If you have voted already but want to change your vote to Freedom Wars or some other game being released next week, feel free to do so. I'll only count your new vote if that happens. I'll probably have the voting begin later next month.

This will be the last time I post which game is winning. :)

Cha

Glad I checked out some Vita footage of Race the Sun before I bought it. No shadows!! D:
It's kinda important for this game ya know. I've seen shadows being dropped from other Vita games too. It ticks me off a little.

Sir TapTap

Those Resogun skins are cute, neat way to toss players a bone every once in a while.

Glad I checked out some Vita footage of Race the Sun before I bought it. No shadows!! D:
It's kinda important for this game ya know. I've seen shadows being dropped from other Vita games too. It ticks me off a little.

In this case I'm pretty sure it's a corner they had to cut for 60 FPS. After playing the PC version I must say I'd pick 60 FPS over shadows.

Pix got VitaGAF'd

:(

Pix is on Vita

I felt like doing a list of incompatible PSP games on Vita (cuz why not, I'm damn bored)

Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus
Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play
ModNation Racers PSP
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Syphon Filter: Combat Ops
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Thexder Neo
Twisted Metal: Head-On
WipEout Pure

As usual, taken from here.I think Platypus and Phantasy Star Portable 2 have been removed from the store. And Fat Princess, Modnation and Motorstorm should work on PSTV, but I haven't seen any claims that they do anywhere.

Portable Ops is compatible? Well, I've got something to buy

Ponn

Banned
So crappola. Let my vita dry out in rice, can't open it but I believe some of the board is fried because it's still a weird delayed to power on but its not charging right, I think those connections were fried or something. Buttons are still unresponsive or do other things they aren't meant to do and the PS button is totally unresponsive and won't light up.

The kinda good news is I have been saving up Amazon credit for the last couple months for black friday and possibly getting a Wii U or PS4. Vita takes priority though since that is absolutely my most played console. My question is do I hop on one of those Amazon refurbed oled ones for 169.99 or do I wait and see what they may offer for BF? I've looked at the new one and I think I prefer the oled screen. I could live with a new Vita 2000 though. A BF bundle might be interesting to me if they include some credit or PS Plus sub card with it like they have been but the games will probably be uninteresting to me.

Demon Gaze bought and downloading as I type this.
edit: And Earth Defence Force 2017
Good, good. I recently picked EDF back up, forgot how much fun it is battling hordes of giant bugs. Just makes me want a giant open world game like this :(
So crappola. Let my vita dry out in rice, can't open it but I believe some of the board is fried because it's still a weird delayed to power on but its not charging right, I think those connections were fried or something. Buttons are still unresponsive or do other things they aren't meant to do and the PS button is totally unresponsive and won't light up.

The kinda good news is I have been saving up Amazon credit for the last couple months for black friday and possibly getting a Wii U or PS4. Vita takes priority though since that is absolutely my most played console. My question is do I hop on one of those Amazon refurbed oled ones for 169.99 or do I wait and see what they may offer for BF? I've looked at the new one and I think I prefer the oled screen. I could live with a new Vita 2000 though. A BF bundle might be interesting to me if they include some credit or PS Plus sub card with it like they have been but the games will probably be uninteresting to me.
Yikes, sorry to hear. I recently went through something similar, but my damage was minimal to none...but the period of not knowing is the worst. Your case...the end result is even worse :( If you can wait...then I'd defintiely suggest a BF bundle, but that's like 4 weeks away ;_; I'd settle with a refurb oled, though, I'd certainly check around for other prices on models. Good luck!

maouvin

I usually still know how to do stuff when jumping back into a game after a while.
Except with Malicious. Damn. Probably taking it out the next time I need to free some mc space.

ZeroAKA

Just saw the cover for the EU version of Freedom Wars. What the heck at that giant memory card label
SCCE's way of getting back at fans for demanding a retail release.

Why aren't those labels all at the bottom of the box art? They look horribly misaligned.

What the heck is it even saying, I've never seen anything like that lol.

After watching some co-op gameplay, as well as some PvP footage, I am even more stocked for Freedom Wars than ever. Getting this digitally, with this type of games I would rather have them on my system at all times, without having to swap carts.

I would like to see a show of hands (or rather posts) of those who will be getting this. :p I don't know whether people are actually going to get this game, or if everyone is just quiet. I feel like every Vita owner should buy it, as a way of telling Sony that we want more Sony games on the Vita.

RK128

What the heck is it even saying, I've never seen anything like that lol.

After watching some co-op gameplay, as well as some PvP footage, I am even more stocked for Freedom Wars than ever. Getting this digitally, with this type of games I would rather have them on my system at all times, without having to swap carts.

I would like to see a show of hands (or rather posts) of those who will be getting this. :p I don't know whether people are actually going to get this game, or if everyone is just quiet. I feel like every Vita owner should buy it, as a way of telling Sony that we want more Sony games on the Vita.

I might get it latter this year, but I still don't know what type of game this is going to be like :(. I get that it isn't a Monster Hunter clone but outside of the future-environment set up and the fact that the characters in the game have some kind of dark-whip thing (I guess to pull in foes)....I don't know much about this :(.

I hope that the people getting this day-one enjoy the game :D; it has the potential to be a lot of fun with its MP focus :).

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the cover for the EU version of Freedom Wars. What the heck at that giant memory card label
They probably made fewer different versions of the physical edition with multiple languages on the box to save costs, so they had to cram in more than one language.

And it seems that they replaced the PSN logo at the top banner with the Only on Playstation thing. Looks better this way.

Laws00

Is your game a retail physical copy? If so,

Soft copy?
Try turning off your Vita. Turning it on safe mode then rebuild/restore database.

it was a soft build.

i got it to work. just in case i downloaded it on my ps3

the game has been turned off and on and no problem so far.

Garraboa

I'll have to sit on FW for a while, at least until Project Diva f 2nd is out so I can order them in bulk with Tales Of Hearts R as well. Where I'm getting them from doesn't offer free shipping and I want to save as much as I can.

autoduelist

Natural Doctrine MP is absolutely fantastic.

Tactical. Variable. Really, really good against another solid player. Gameplay is just like the normal game (though there are different modes), and you get to choose from any character/enemy in the game.

The Basics --
you earn 'money' from wins and losses to spend on card packs. There are cards for multiple variants of every friend/enemy in the main game. Potential team diversity is absolutely amazing.

You then have a fixed amount of points and space you can spend to make your team. So you can have 8 weak characters, or maybe use 4 spaces for a giant boss enemy, or spend half your points on a single god tier character.

This ultimately forces balance into teams -- 8 weaker characters will ultimately get extra moves if you chain/link properly. There's no clear 'winning' strat -- a solid player can wield an extremely wide variety of teams. You can focus on chaining, or putting your enemies to sleep, or have a deck of priests to combat a team of skels. You can beat a 'better' deck by playing better, and you can potentially design a better deck with standard cards than someone with all gold/elite cards if you build a synergistic team. You'll find people using strats against you that you never thought of before, and then you can either build a deck to defend against that, or maybe come up with an even better idea.

There are several game modes -- basic vs. battles, some where you can recruit npcs to your team, a 'chess' version where both teams get an extra boss level team member that is your 'king' (death = loss), and even several coop missions.

Right now, I'd say you'll see 25-35 people online during the day (US), and more like 10-20 during the night. I usually don't have to wait long at all for a game. I think it's the kind of game that's good enough to establish a long time following -- it'll never have hundreds of people online, but I'm guessing you'll be able to get a game in for awhile.

There's also adhoc support.

Man I wish this game was the hit it deserves to be.

I finally got a PS vita hur rah!

Thing is ive run into problems

I got borderlands bundle

SNIP
if this the future of digital games i dont want a part of it

For the record, I have dozens if not hundreds of digital games and have never run into the problem you're having, so I wouldn't worry this problem is the 'future of digital gaming'.

Sarcasm

So once I figure out how to order from nippon (living in Taiwan) I need to decide on a 32 or 64 card. The comments about corruption on 64 card worry me and I would most likely be fine with a 32gb card.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So once I figure out how to order from nippon (living in Taiwan) I need to decide on a 32 or 64 card. The comments about corruption on 64 card worry me and I would most likely be fine with a 32gb card.

corruption? chicken little BS i have 3 64 gb cards 2 full for the most part ZERO issues.

Natural Doctrine MP is absolutely fantastic.

Tactical. Variable. Really, really good against another solid player. Gameplay is just like the normal game (though there are different modes), and you get to choose from any character/enemy in the game.

The Basics --
you earn 'money' from wins and losses to spend on card packs. There are cards for multiple variants of every friend/enemy in the main game. Potential team diversity is absolutely amazing.

You then have a fixed amount of points and space you can spend to make your team. So you can have 8 weak characters, or maybe use 4 spaces for a giant boss enemy, or spend half your points on a single god tier character.

This ultimately forces balance into teams -- 8 weaker characters will ultimately get extra moves if you chain/link properly. There's no clear 'winning' strat -- a solid player can wield an extremely wide variety of teams. You can focus on chaining, or putting your enemies to sleep, or have a deck of priests to combat a team of skels. You can beat a 'better' deck by playing better, and you can potentially design a better deck with standard cards than someone with all gold/elite cards if you build a synergistic team. You'll find people using strats against you that you never thought of before, and then you can either build a deck to defend against that, or maybe come up with an even better idea.

There are several game modes -- basic vs. battles, some where you can recruit npcs to your team, a 'chess' version where both teams get an extra boss level team member that is your 'king' (death = loss), and even several coop missions.

Right now, I'd say you'll see 25-35 people online during the day (US), and more like 10-20 during the night. I usually don't have to wait long at all for a game. I think it's the kind of game that's good enough to establish a long time following -- it'll never have hundreds of people online, but I'm guessing you'll be able to get a game in for awhile.

There's also adhoc support.

Man I wish this game was the hit it deserves to be.

you do realize you sound like some sort if desperate PR mouthpiece right? same goes for your other posts lol.

game got exactly the amount of attention as the effort that went into making it. even kadokawa is trying to pretend it doesnt exist anymore.

its not a title id be falsely trying to lure new users into either.

game seriously is an acquired taste and should be stated as so. its an ugly game that has bare minimum to everything besides the combat system which most def not click with everyone due to its unique nature. game most def does not ease the player into it either.

Garraboa

It might be a bit farfetched, but couldn't those complaints have in common that they might've left their Vitas on for far too long? There's someone here that claims that their 32GB card has been rendered unusable, but then goes to explaining that he/she has had their Vita turned on since launch. That does sound like it might've taken its toll on the read/write capacity of the card. Mayb all those other cases might have something to do with that too. Not to that extreme, but still.

Had my 64GB card for 4 months and no problems so far.

autoduelist

\
you do realize you sound like some sort if desperate PR mouthpiece right? same goes for your other posts lol.

game got exactly the amount of attention as the effort that went into making it. even kadokawa is trying to pretend it doesnt exist anymore.

its not a title id be falsely trying to lure new users into either.

game seriously is an acquired taste and should be stated as so. its an ugly game that has bare minimum to everything besides the combat system which most def not click with everyone due to its unique nature. game most def does not ease the player into it either.

There are people here who spout love for P4G or Danganropa every chance they get. Other people (including myself) spout love for games like Frozen Synapse or TxK.

I can't stand P4G, and I dislike visual novels like Danganropa.

I do, however, LOVE Natural Doctrine, which, unlike a game like P4G which gets glowing reviews despite mediocre gameplay (dungeon design, etc), got absolutely hellish reviews by people (some of who clearly didn't spend the time with the game to learn its systems). Thanks to those reviews that caused people to cancel preorders and/or avoid the game, people that do love the game are now the only voice for the game.

Visual novels are 'an acquired taste'. P4G is an acquired taste. And yes, SRPGs are an acquired taste. So what?

I don't think it's remotely 'ugly' either. It's an srpg. Who cares? It's got fine graphics, I don't really have any issue with them whatsoever.

People hate on Crimsonland graphics too. You know what? It's one of the best dual stick shooters ever made. Who cares if it's 'ugly'?

So yeah, I'll let my love for this game shine here, and I really don't care what you think about it. It's my favorite vita game, by far. Sorry I'm not cheerleading sanctioned games like P4G, but I love this forum and part of the reason is that there are disparate tastes. Mine obviously aren't yours, and I'm fine with that. Just because I love a game you didn't doesn't mean you need to try to chide me for it because it's not on your approved list. I don't call you out for liking/not liking games.

There are people here who post their love for all sorts of games. That's a good thing. Even if I don't care about or like some of them.

"its not a title id be falsely trying to lure new users into either."

You are effectively calling me a liar here. I do not take lightly to that. I stand by my love for this game, and I have never once said it's anything other than a solid tactical game that will not appeal to people who don't like deep systems / strategy / turn planning / complex combat systems. I've likened the complexity to games like Resonance of Fate, also know for being complex. It's not like I'm claiming it's a beginner game like Jeanne D'arc.

Sorry if this comes off strongly worded, but I seriously don't like the multiple accusations embedded in your post simply because I love a game that you didn't.

Top Bottom