• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Owners, do you guys not missing Suspend/Resume feature?

I'm not really bothered by suspend/resume being missing, although the option would be nice. I don't know how much I'd use it to be honest since if there was a 10 second power outage whilst I was away from home everything would go to waste anyway.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

ckohler

I've been playing a lot of Xbox One recently so I'm noticing the convenience of Suspend/Resume more than ever. It's not a deal breaker that PS4 doesn't have it but I would very much prefer it did.

It depends on if I would be required to put my PS4 into Rest/Standby mode. I strongly prefer that my PS4 remain totally shut down at all times it is not in use. This prevents me from taking advantage of Automatic Downloads/Updates but I find they go so fast now I don't mind waiting when I inevitably have to deal with one.

Caayn

I barerly use it on the Xbox One, so I don't really miss it on the PS4. I like my devices to be off when I don't use them, and in the Xbox's case the sound the PSU produces in stand-by keeps me from using the stand-by mode. Although I do love the feature on my 3DS and Vita.

Yes, I'm too lazy to contact MS for a replacement...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm more annoyed when I turn my Xbox One on and am thrown into some disconnection error from a match I was playing two weeks ago than when the PS4 sends me to the title screen.

(I want the feature, though.)

DirtyLarry

If I walk away from my PS4 while playing a game, and back out to the XMB (and do not close the game), come back an hour later, choose the game I backed out of, it is right where I left it. How is that not suspend and resume?

Is it because the PS4 eventually powers down? I am glad it does, it saves power.

So yeah, to me it has an adequate enough suspend and resume, but I also do not expect it to be on all the time, but I am pretty sure if one does want that, they can change this in the power settings.

Ateron

How can I miss something I never had? it might be something good to have, but not for me, personally as I never leave electronics (especially consoles and pcs) powered on when I'm not using them. I always freak out when there's a storm outside and the tension peak might fry something. I see no use in the feature, if I wanna leave in a hurry I just save the game, if not possible, well shit, will replay up to that point.

So far the only thing I really wanted was custom soundtracks and although not in a state I consider "ideal", sony implemented it so I'm happy. Would prefer they focused on letting us store media in the Hdd and play from there, but they will eventually. Suspend/resume is something I love on a handheld, but not a priority for a home console by any means.

BokehKing

Banned
Suspend/resume screwed me out of my dragon age ea access beta, f that, I don't mind the mere seconds it takes to boot up a game and console I'm not that impatient that I need it on both systems.

Again... Pissed that it screwed up my free ea access. Don't care if it's my fault for not shutting down the app properly, it still gets the finger

theWB27

If I walk away from my PS4 while playing a game, and back out to the XMB (and do not close the game), come back an hour later, choose the game I backed out of, it is right where I left it. How is that not suspend and resume?

Is it because the PS4 eventually powers down? I am glad it does, it saves power.

So yeah, to me it has an adequate enough suspend and resume, but I also do not expect it to be on all the time, but I am pretty sure if one does want that, they can change this in the power settings.

Because the PS4 doesn't go into a lower power state...all you did was leave the system on while you left. We could do that with a Nintendo. The menu is kind of moot.

Suspend/resume screwed me out of my dragon age ea access beta, f that, I don't mind the mere seconds it takes to boot up a game and console I'm not that impatient that I need it on both systems.

Again... Pissed that it screwed up my free ea access. Don't care if it's my fault for not shutting down the app properly, it still gets the finger

How did it screw you out of access if you were the one that didn't shut it down correctly? Shifting the blame.

BTW...can't miss something I never had.

Fdkn

This feature is far more important to me on a handheld than on a console so, while a nice addition to have, I really don't miss it.

Rbk_3

Yes, I love this feature on the Xbox One and it is probably my biggest gripe about the PS4. I really hope Sony adds it soon.

Dimorphic

It's hard playing Far Cry 4 on PS4 and not having the feature as often I'm mid mission and need to do something else. It's a life saver on XB1 especially with DA:I.

Top Bottom