• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Demo out on PS4 now! (2GB , PS+ Required)

Pejo

Wow, so...so so good. Also can't believe how badass you feel doing Sol's dragon install and ending a match with it. Will be buying this day stinking one.

Kumubou

For anyone asking about material differences between the PS3 and PS4 version:

The PS3 and PS4 versions of Xrd support cross-play with each other.

(It's something that isn't brought up enough, given how important it is.)

They need to be mechanically identical and given that it's a fighting game, 60fps is pretty much mandated. Personally, I want the PS4 version but there's no way I can justify buying a new stick, and I don't expect them to enable USB HID support like Skullgirls on the PS4 does.

VariantX

Wonder if I can use a cronus max to get my 360 hori stick to work on ps4. It served me well on 360, continues to do a fine job on pc and I'd hate to have to consider getting a new stick when I have a perfectly good one right here.

vg260

Wonder if I can use a cronus max to get my 360 hori stick to work on ps4. It served me well on 360, continues to do a fine job on pc and I'd hate to have to consider getting a new stick when I have a perfectly good one right here.

I just got a Cronus Max and just did the wonky PC pass through work around and got my Mad Catz 360 stick working with the PS4. It sucks having to have the PC running and cabling may be an issue, but with my set up it seems to work pretty well. It took some fumbling with the software, but got it configured and working, and didn't notice any major lag issues, though I'm probably less sensitive than others if it did have any. I'm gonna use this until I see how things play out with the new TE2s and also that PS3 driver from Lab Zero. Cronus Max has been worth every penny so far for me, and saved me a bunch on new sticks for now since I've been using my 360 stick for KI and now this.

Also of note, on the Aksys games PSBlog post, someone asked about the Lab Zero PS3 driver and they stated:
"The developers of Guilty Gear, Arc System Works, are aware of the driver. If there are any updates, we’ll keep everyone posted!"

thefit

Did they change the music from the Japanese demo? I remember in the Japanese demo streams when health got low a new track would start playing that was a fast paced speed metal track to highlight urgency I didn't hear that track at all tonight.

I think I'll just get a titan one, because fuck buying a new stick.

I can vouch for the Titan One. The only thing is that due to the way PS4 accessory authentication works, it has to refresh the authentication every 10 minutes. In practice, the dongle automatically "unplugs" itself and plugs back in. The whole process takes about a half second.

If you're using the dongle for fighting games, I'd recommend manually unplugging and replugging it after every match, just so that it doesn't happen mid-match. The developer is supposed to be working on a better solution, though.

The alternate workaround is to leave a DS4 plugged in to maintain the authentication, then use a laptop as a passthrough for your stick.

K.Sabot

For anyone asking about material differences between the PS3 and PS4 version:

(It's something that isn't brought up enough, given how important it is.)

They need to be mechanically identical and given that it's a fighting game, 60fps is pretty much mandated. Personally, I want the PS4 version but there's no way I can justify buying a new stick, and I don't expect them to enable USB HID support like Skullgirls on the PS4 does.

This is certainly worth noting so I'll help reiterate.

Sayad

I'm really loving it, the game is way more reliant at reading inputs than previous GGs.. Or more than Reloaded at least, I might be able to pull a dust loop in an actual match now!

As for the English VA, Mellia's voice is fine, but there's something really wrong with Ram's, and lol at Axel's.

Venom's voice acting is terrible. It doesn't fit him at all. I was going to buy the NA version of the game but it looks like I'll be importing it now. I seriously hope Aksys redo his lines with a new voice actor in future games.

Venom's voice acting is terrible. It doesn't fit him at all. I was going to buy the NA version of the game but it looks like I'll be importing it now. I seriously hope Aksys redo his lines with a new voice actor in future games.

Err...why? Every BlazBlue game has dual audio. I'd be utterly shocked if Xrd doesn't have dual audio as well. I'm sure it's just the demo that's English only because, well, we don't even have an options menu.

Edit: Confirmed in the comments here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/11/24/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-demo-out-tomorrow-for-ps-plus/

Coda

I'm importing mine but I'm just worried about knowing what all the menus are.

LegatoB

Did they change the music from the Japanese demo? I remember in the Japanese demo streams when health got low a new track would start playing that was a fast paced speed metal track to highlight urgency I didn't hear that track at all tonight.
That's never been a feature of any version of the game. Are you sure you weren't just hearing Sol's Dragon Install music?

Err...why? Every BlazBlue game has dual audio. I'd be utterly shocked if Xrd doesn't have dual audio as well. I'm sure it's just the demo that's English only because, well, we don't even have an options menu.

I know it has dual audio but why wait if I'm going to end up playing with Japanese audio? I'm just going to grab the PS3 digital version next week.

I'm importing mine but I'm just worried about knowing what all the menus are.

Dustloop will probably have translated menus day 1.

Essay

Zato, Faust, May and especially Axl's VA's all seem to safely exceed my expectations. Everyone else I'm going to need some warming up to.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Guilty Gear Xrd |OT| The PS3 and PS4 versions of Xrd support cross-play with each other.

Are we going to use this thread to decide on the OT tag?

Guilty Gear Xrd |OT| Fight for the future, so what's it's gon' be? The Xrd strike y'all, it's Guilty Gear Xrd!

Sayad

Only complain I have about the game's look are the characters shadows, would have preferred a generic sphere shadow over this blurry mess.

Sayad

Lmao at Ky's dialogues, self righteous bastard, doesn't sound like someone who had a child with a 4 years old, talk about suspension of disbelief. ;p

Top Bottom