• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So, I did a calculation. Out of the 719 currently officially known Pokémon, 246 are unavailable in Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, so they have 473 Pokémon in them.

Conversely, X & Y have, out of the 719 currently officially known Pokémon, 127 unavailable, so a total of 592 in them.

Between them, there are 706 Pokémon available and 13 that are not. These are the Mythical Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie.

Out of those, the following have had events in Gen VI

Celebi (Worldwide - Pokémon Bank)
Jirachi (Korea (Movie Event), Japan (Tanabata Festival, Christmas Gift)
Darkrai (Japan - Movie Event)
Shaymin (Japan - Pokémon Scrap (from next week))
Victini (Japan - Pokémon Scrap (from next week))
Keldeo (Japan - Pokémon Scrap (from next week))
Diancie (Worldwide)

This means that 713 of the 719 Pokémon are available with the blue pentagon. (Phione can be bred from event Manaphy and have the blue pentagon)
Never gonna complete that Pokedex :'(

Hip Hop

This generation along witn Black/White is what I skipped. Currently getting the game delivered.

So what is this running joke about the game and water? Do you seriously spend a lot of time in it? Does it make difficult/annoying if so?

Muku

8 PM is the start of night.

Really? Hm okay thank you. Guess I was safe. Just as well got some other stuff done in mean time. Now to work on that friendship.

I can farm the shiny Beldum / Metagrossite event, right? Just download and redeem the gift, trade it to the other game, erase the save file, rinse and repeat?

You'd have to put it in PokeBank unless you go far enough to unlock the online stuff.

one_kill

Never say never!

I had the same thought when I played XY. I skipped BW/BW2 so I missed out on a lot of event Pokemon. By experimenting with the GTS, I was able to get a number of legendaries from older games. PokeGAF helped a lot with regards to event Pokemon.

Muku

If you need help with legendary (non event) Pokemon, let me know. I usually keep extras around to help folks fill out their Dexes.

Looking forward to blue pentagon Shaymin. May even go for Keldeo and Victini but we'll see.

This generation along witn Black/White is what I skipped. Currently getting the game delivered.

So what is this running joke about the game and water? Do you seriously spend a lot of time in it? Does it make difficult/annoying if so?

There is quite a few water routes but it's not that annoying. For one they dropped the encounter rate quite a bit for these remakes. Additionally you can Surf and Dive at double speed using Sharpedo.

Hindl

There is quite a lot of water in the game, especially later. But one of the early gates in the game is that the 2nd gym is on an island that a man needs to take you to on his ship. You can go back to this route too once you have surf for trainers. And there's diving sections where you explore The ocean floor too. The main issue tho is that all you run into on the water is wingull and tentacool. Get repel and you'll be fine

Edit: damn didn't know that about Sharpedo that's awesome

JoeM86

If you need help with legendary (non event) Pokemon, let me know. I usually keep extras around to help folks fill out their Dexes.

Looking forward to blue pentagon Shaymin. May even go for Keldeo and Victini but we'll see.

Was going to ask a friend to collect the scraps for it, but it's ridiculous :/

Wichu

The late game (from just before the 7th badge up to Victory Road) is pretty much all water routes. Fortunately, the route design isn't too bad (ugh 4th gen water routes) and you get access to Dive after the 7th gym, which makes them pretty fun to explore.

Muku

There is quite a few water routes but it's not that annoying. For one they dropped the encounter rate quite a bit for these remakes. Additionally you can Surf and Dive at double speed using Sharpedo.

Oh snap, for real? Is that why folks are gathering them up? Guess once I get to that point I'm going to be going and catching me one for my HM water thrall.

Was going to ask a friend to collect the scraps for it, but it's ridiculous :/

I'm not too surprised honestly. I imagine they were trying to get them from the food stuffs? 'Cuz that stuff sounds awful. I'm waiting for the TCG stuff. Think it'll be better, and I'll be collecting stuff I actually want. Actually, did you get anywhere with it? At least Shaymin?

Edit: Just brought over and then put back in my Pokebank my whole collection. Can't wait to get far enough for dat shiny charm. Gimme gimme gimme.

JoeM86

Oh snap, for real? Is that why folks are gathering them up? Guess once I get to that point I'm going to be going and catching me one for my HM water thrall.

I'm not too surprised honestly. I imagine they were trying to get them from the food stuffs? 'Cuz that stuff sounds awful. I'm waiting for the TCG stuff. Think it'll be better, and I'll be collecting stuff I actually want. Actually, did you get anywhere with it? At least Shaymin?

Edit: Just brought over and then put back in my Pokebank my whole collection. Can't wait to get far enough for dat shiny charm. Gimme gimme gimme.

Na, I didn't bother asking once I saw how expensive it would be

You can catch a level 25 Carvahna on route 118 using the good rod, which is also the route where you get the good rod! If you use the Exp. Share it will have evolved by the time you reach Lilliycove just by having it sit in your party.

Alpha = First
Superior Sapphire
Water beats fire
Blue is better than red

You deduce the rest :p

Red was my favorite color growing up but it's blue now. However, a passionate flame cannot be extinguished, instead turning ordinary water to steam. That settles it though, even if everyone on my friends list is playing AS.
Omega is the big "O", the end, the ultimate, is it not?

You'd have to put it in PokeBank unless you go far enough to unlock the online stuff.

About how long does that take, to get the online stuff to preserve the mega stones?

Busaiku

You can catch a level 25 Carvahna on route 118 using the good rod, which is also the route where you get the good rod! If you use the Exp. Share it will have evolved by the time you reach Lilliycove just by having it sit in your party.

Really?
I was fishing there forever, but didn't get anything but Magikarp and Tentacool.
I figured I need Super Rod.

Oh well, have it anyways.

Muku

Red was my favorite color growing up but it's blue now. However, a passionate flame cannot be extinguished, instead turning ordinary water to steam. That settles it though, even if everyone on my friends list is playing AS.
Omega is the big "O", the end, the ultimate, is it not?

About how long does that take, to get the online stuff to preserve the mega stones?

Not too long. I'd be a horrible person to time it because I was playing it off and on while doing laundry. You get the online stuff
after you help Wally with his stuff.

I just went to the GameStop in Wiesbaden, Germany and bought Omega Ruby.
The clerk told me they are allowed to sell the game since 12pm.
Just FYI for all fellow Europe/Germany Gaffers ;)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So according to serebii Uxie, mesprit and azelf appear in a cave that will reset to the new one every 12 hours, but I have azelf for 2 days already and the other still haven't appeared. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, best place to grind money?

Sorry if this old but the thread moves fast. So it seems there is a good reason to rank up secret bases and this unlocks mercifully early in the process
Max O-power become available at silver rank reached at 100 flags (as strong as level 3 and last for 60 minutes)

I wonder if that means that the
S level O-powers are also available somehow...those last for 8 minutes instead but can be cast on other people

via:serebii

Re-fight gentleman/rich boys is it really, they refresh really quickly though. Elite 4 takes too long thanks to the credits and them having teams of more than 2 Pokemon.

Unless there is a wild Pokemon holding a big nugget out there... (like how Clamperl holds a pearl)

What's the consensus on the EXP Share? I disliked it in X/Y, since it made the game so much easier, and reduced rid of the idea of "training" a specific Pokemon.

Does it not hurt the difficulty as much in these games? Are you guys using it?

MicH

What's the consensus on the EXP Share? I disliked it in X/Y, since it made the game so much easier, and reduced rid of the idea of "training" a specific Pokemon.

Yes, it makes the game insanely easy

I use it because I'm not about that grind in pokemon games.

I've read about people farming lucky eggs and strapping them on all their pokemon and using exp share. Bless those souls. Now THAT might be taking it too far.

DaBoss

I use it because I'm not about that grind in pokemon games.

I've read about people farming lucky eggs and strapping them on all their pokemon and using exp share. Bless those souls. Now THAT might be taking it too far.
I know people do that for post-game training (I do it myself), but during the main game?? Those people are insane lol.

I heard someone claim that Exp.Share got their team into the early 30's after the Wattson fight, it most definetly has an effect. Exp. Share during main story really isn't necessary at all unless you want to speed through to the postgame.

JoeM86

So according to serebii Uxie, mesprit and azelf appear in a cave that will reset to the new one every 12 hours, but I have azelf for 2 days already and the other still haven't appeared. Am I doing something wrong?

Still trying to work out specifics for that. May be based on time of day.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Never say never!

I had the same thought when I played XY. I skipped BW/BW2 so I missed out on a lot of event Pokemon. By experimenting with the GTS, I was able to get a number of legendaries from older games. PokeGAF helped a lot with regards to event Pokemon.
The problem is that I don't know how to get them from GTS. All they ever ask is for another legendary, which I don't have, so I can't make the trade (and I wouldn't want to lose them if I did have them).

How can PokeGAF help? Aren't event Pokemon meant to be grabbed only once? Or can they be captured multiple times? If the latter, I wouldn't mind some help here ^^

That's good to know, thanks a lot! For now I'll focus on beating the Elite 4 and getting all the legendaries that are available in Alpha Sapphire, but afterwards I'll look into the ones I'm still missing.

It felt that water encounters were rare, indeed. So the encounter rate was lowered from the original games? I'd say that's a nice thing, actually.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
IMO, X/Y seemed slightly better 'tuned' for the EXP share.

Here, by the time I got to Brawly (just got the game last night), all of my team (admittedly, including some wonder trades, including a 5IV Adamant Speed Boost Torchic, lol), I was definitely over-levelled.

Not that X/Y was particularly difficult either way, but here, it seems really easy.

Also, noob question because I haven't stayed caught up on the info: Is there any way to transfer pokemon (with current items aka lucky eggs/mega stones) from X/Y to AS/OR, or is it pokemon only through the bank?

How can PokeGAF help? Aren't event Pokemon meant to be grabbed only once? Or can they be captured multiple times? If the latter, I wouldn't mind some help here ^^

Cloning was possible in X/Y due to wifi and save state rollback manipulation. People also had multiple old carts, and some have legit extras.

one_kill

IMO, X/Y seemed slightly better 'tuned' for the EXP share.

Here, by the time I got to Brawly (just got the game last night), all of my team (admittedly, including some wonder trades, including a 5IV Adamant Speed Boost Torchic, lol), I was definitely over-levelled.

Not that X/Y was particularly difficult either way, but here, it seems really easy.

Also, noob question because I haven't stayed caught up on the info: Is there any way to transfer pokemon (with current items aka lucky eggs/mega stones) from X/Y to AS/OR, or is it pokemon only through the bank?
Just trade normally

I heard someone claim that Exp.Share got their team into the early 30's after the Wattson fight, it most definetly has an effect. Exp. Share during main story really isn't necessary at all unless you want to speed through to the postgame.

They must have been grinding hard. I've used Exp Share for most of the game so far, but I've just fought most trainers and caught a single Pokemon on each route avoiding random encounters as much as possible, and I've roughly been at parity with the gym leaders. My highest level was only 32 or 33 when I fought and beat Norman for badge 5 yesterday.

Arclaid

Finished up the Delta episode yesterday and caught most of the in-game legendaries. Just need to get Regigigas, Deoxys, and Uxie. Also checked out Battle Resort
and it's a shame about what happened with Looker

I managed to get both Azelf and Mespirit on Saturday and Sunday respectively, but Uxie hasn't shown up. There seems to be a number of other people having the same problem as well. Guess there's some sort of hidden conditions that haven't been found yet.

MicH

Finished up the Delta episode yesterday and caught most of the in-game legendaries. Just need to get Regigigas, Deoxys, and Uxie. Also checked out Battle Resort

I managed to get both Azelf and Mespirit on Saturday and Sunday respectively, but Uxie hasn't shown up. There seems to be a number of other people having the same problem as well. Guess there's some sort of hidden conditions that haven't been found yet.
I'm having the exact same problem. I'm only missing Uxie and I can't for the life of me get it to appear

Tiamant

3 hours. 3 freaking hours spent on Granite Cave hunting a Prankster Sableye with Recover.

The layout is terrible and on top of that there's that freaking NPC that won't-stop-moving scaring half of my dexnav pokes.

Never again.

JoeM86

It was night time when I got Uxie if memory serves.

Top Bottom