• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Persona Q owns in-battle dialogue.

Character specific dialogue? Check.
Character specific dialogue after a specific character gets KOed? Check.
Status specific dialogue? Check.
HP/SP specific dialogue? Check.
Varying amounts of victory dialogue? Check.
Enemy specific dialogue? Check.

"Teddie, your health is low!"
"WAH? Danger, who's in danger? Wait... me?!?.
Yukiko: "It's a table (snrk)...and it's moving...(giggle)"

^hah I had that same feel good moment with the map and Mitsuru. I wonder if it actually changes if you don't draw or suck at it.
Yosuke told me to draw walls.

FluxWaveZ

Yes! Beat my first F.O.E. on hard mode, on floor 2 with my level 6-7 team (only Zen/Rei were level 6). Thought we weren't going to make it for a sec and I was about to face my first genuine party wipeout, but the MVPs Makoto (Twin Slash), Zen/Rei (Bane Slice and Boosted Recovery) and Yukari (Healing Stone) pulled through. RIP Akihiko and Mitsuru who perished about halfway through the battle.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Yes! Beat my first F.O.E. on hard mode, on floor 2 with my level 6-7 team (only Zen/Rei were level 6). Thought we weren't going to make it for a sec and I was about to face my first genuine party wipeout, but the MVPs Makoto (Twin Slash), Zen/Rei (Bane Slice and Boosted Recovery) and Yukari (Healing Stone) pulled through. RIP Akihiko and Mitsuru who perished about halfway through the battle.

Get a good Persona out of it? I got Neko Shogun from an FOE on the 3rd floor.

Persona Q owns in-battle dialogue.

You're telling me. Junpei and Makoto have quite a bit of great banter with themselves and Yosuke. With some Yukari thrown in for good mix.

So what's your teams so far? so far for me it's Shinjiro, Makoto, Junpei, Aigis and Yukari.

Front: Yu, Makoto, Junpei
Back: Yukari and Yosuke

I know Yosuke is supposed to be up front, but I couldn't leave him behind, plus he seems to be doing fine in the back anyway. Strongest teammate seems to be Makoto so far.

PK Gaming

A funny thing just happened to me. I encountered a puzzle on the 3rd floor of the first dungeon involving 3 FOEs. It was pretty simple, but I kept screwing up. I didn't have the patience to do it properly, but so I got fed up and challenged the FOE that was directly blocking my way. Big mistake...Or so I thought! The FOE had a ridiculous amount of health, but it wasn't particularly strong, so I got to work. After 20 grueling turns of buffing, debuffing, healing and attacking, it went down.

And my reward?

2014%2B-%2B1
2014%2B-%2B1

At4xYIT.png

Verder

ahhh shit my copy of Q just came in the mail and i don't know if i should play it now or wait till the New 3ds comes to america..

whats everyones general feeling on the game?

Acid08

Banned
Can't even express how much I'm enjoying the character interactions in PQ, bravo to the writers and localizers. Such a stark contrast from the Arena games for me.

A funny thing just happened to me. I encountered a puzzle on the 3rd floor of the first dungeon involving 3 FOEs. It was pretty simple, but I kept screwing up. I didn't have the patience to do it properly, but so I got fed up and challenged the FOE that was directly blocking my way. Big mistake...Or so I thought! The FOE had a ridiculous amount of health, but it wasn't particularly strong, so I got to work. After 20 grueling turns of buffing, debuffing, healing and attacking, it went down.

And my reward?

At4xYIT.png

Your maps look waaay better than mine. I just plop down some doors and a shortcut or two and call it a day.

Akihiko: "Ugh, that lips monster again..."

LOL just when on the previous page I had mentioned Yukari complaining about one of those ahaha! I love this game.

Sophia

I drew a PQ picture:

Your art is 2cute4me. If I had the money, I'd commission something similar like this with Aigis!

ahhh shit my copy of Q just came in the mail and i don't know if i should play it now or wait till the New 3ds comes to america..

whats everyones general feeling on the game?

Anyone who owns Persona Q and does not play it despite having both the ability and the time to do so shall be committing a sin greater than the one Aleph committed at the end of Shin Megami Tensei 2~!

Besides, you'll be waiting forever for the New 3DS for a game that doesn't even make use of it. Might as well play it.

Soulflarz

Banned
Anyone who owns Persona Q and does not play it despite having both the ability and the time to do so shall be committing a sin greater than the one Aleph committed at the end of Shin Megami Tensei 2~!

Besides, you'll be waiting forever for the New 3DS for a game that doesn't even make use of it. Might as well play it.

But im playing smash

PK Gaming

Can't even express how much I'm enjoying the character interactions in PQ, bravo to the writers and localizers. Such a stark contrast from the Arena games for me.

Word. There's some actual nuance this time around.

I finally caught up with team SEES and I haven't stopped smiling. The interactions are gold.

I uploaded a couple of general images to this imgur, for those that want to see a few screenshots.

Xenoflare

Are there un-inheritable skills in PQ?

I want to fuse valkyrie's swordbreaker but it doesn't seem like it can be transferred

Also the HP/SP cost between low level and mid level skills is a bit ridiculous

For some reason skills like
twin slash outclasses other skills that would cost 50HP while it only uses 18.

84X

Banned
I'm finishing projects and studying for finals while PQ sits in the corner.

I guess that counts as not having time... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm dying inside.

I'm finishing projects and studying for finals while PQ sits in the corner.

I guess that counts as not having time... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm dying inside.

I have a major formal presentation tomorrow. I should be studying my script but here I am roaming around the labyrinth. To be fair, I worked on my presentation since 8AM until now. I need a break lol.

84X

Banned
Your priorities are wrong

Deep down... I know.

I have a major formal presentation tomorrow. I should be studying my script but here I am roaming around the labyrinth. To be fair, I worked on my presentation since 8AM until now. I need a break lol.

Well good luck with your presentation~
I have one on Friday, though I wouldn't call it formal ("only" 10% of my grade)... but I have a lot to organize.

Well good luck with your presentation~
I have one on Friday, though I wouldn't call it formal ("only" 10% of my grade)... but I have a lot to organize.

This one is a final for my business presentations course, so if I remember correctly, it's like 30%. No pressure LOL, this week has been pure hell with assignments, and in two weeks, exams. Good luck on your side friend.

PQ works really well as a quick pick me up between study sessions. I have 3:30hrs into it just playing this way. I'll only be able to fully delve in once my exams are all over with.

Xenoflare

Give me a sec, I'm 100% certain because I spent an afternoon reading notes about hidden voice clips and unused dialogues.

A certain culprit is voiced but then removed because it's too obvious

Many dialogue choices were actually Yosuke's lines and they are later assigned to the player because it would make him insignificant because of the fact that he's silent

Edit: There, the audios are still working. http://tcrf.net/Persona_4/Unused_Voice_Clips/Social_Links#Yosuke_Hanamura

Soulflarz

Banned
Give me a sec, I'm 100% certain because I spent an afternoon reading notes about hidden voice clips and unused dialogues.

A certain culprit is voiced but then removed because it's too obvious

Many dialogue choices were actually Yosuke's lines and they are later assigned to the player because it would make him insignificant because of the fact that he's silent

Edit: There, the audios are still working. http://tcrf.net/Persona_4/Unused_Voice_Clips/Social_Links#Yosuke_Hanamura

so kawaii :3

Jintor

WHY AIN'T THIS GAME OUT IN MAH REGION YET :T

and even when it is I gotta eshop that sucka or wait another week... goddamn eshop never has decent (catastrophic) sales... gah

arue

Nine hours into the game and loving it so far!

Just listing my thoughts on the game:
  • This game is a great time sink because I'm still on the 3rd floor of the first dungeon after 9 hours.
  • Auto-mapping feature is great because I wasn't too fond of it in EO. Now all I need is to do is put down the doors, treasures, shortcuts, and the power spots icons.
  • I haven't played P4G, so I don't know if it was present in there already, but fusion search is a time-saver in addition to manually selecting which skills to inherit.
  • I beat 3-4 FOEs already and I'm stuck with these high-level sub-personas, so I'm running out of space for new personas gained from random battles. I'm trying to max out all of the sub-persona skills before dismissing them, so I might have grind a lot for these sub-personas.
  • Love the UI design, the character interactions, and the cutscenes while exploring the dungeon. I can't wait to meet the P4 cast!
I can't imagine how good Persona 5 will be if a spin-off title is this good.

PK Gaming

Atlus should have advertised strolls more

They're like bite sized Social links... hell, some of them have even more content than your average social link. They're quickly turning out to be one of my favorite features from PQ.

Gazoinks

Atlus should have advertised strolls more

They're like bite sized Social links... hell, some of them have even more content than your average social link. They're quickly turning out to be one of my favorite features from PQ.

They really should've. When I started up the game I remember thinking "too bad they didn't incorporate s.link-style stuff" and then there they were.

Also, I fiiiinally unlocked the P3 cast. It's gonna take a while to figure out who I want to use.

Top Bottom