• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me a game that's $4 or less on Steam

ElTopo

Banned
I have $3.70 left on my Steam Wallet, looking for something a little different. My money is tight right now but I think I can splurge an extra thirty cents. I love action/horror games. Thinking of Painkiller Black but I didn't really care for it when I tried playing it years ago, just another corridor FPS trying to ape the oldschool FPS games. Also considering Dredd vs Death.

meptrep

Lovely Planet. It's $3 and it's one of the best FPS games I've played in a while. It's very simplistic but you'll find yourself repeating levels over and over because of this, trying to get the best time possible.

It seems like the leaderboards have been hacked maybe, but it's still extremely fun to try and get the best times possible. I just played it for an hour straight, it's awesome. Cool soundtrack and graphics as well, check it out.

EYE: Divine Cybermancy is a huge fps rpg Deus Ex like game that's only $.95 and everyone should play.

By no means perfect, but great for a buck.

hemtae

Deus Ex, Thief, and Thief 2 are $3.49 each and are universally considered some of the greatest games ever made. A bit old though.

Geneforge Saga is $4 and the first one at least is really good

Super Meat Boy is $3 and Dustforce is $2.50 and I consider them the best 2D platformer of modern times.

ElTopo

Banned
EYE: Divine Cybermancy is a huge fps rpg Deus Ex like game that's only $.95 and everyone should play.

By no means perfect, but great for a buck.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We got one. I have $3 left. Thanks for the rec.

Already own Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (It's okay) and Super Meat Boy. Dust Force just doesn't look appealing.

What can I get for $3 now?

header.jpg

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death for $0.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/249680/

A surprisingly good GOW clone

Fireblend

Banned
Can't go wrong with FTL or Don't Starve. Consider To the Moon only if you are the kind of person that don't mind strongly narrative-driven games (not sure it even qualifies for that) and enjoy tearjerker stories. I loved it but it's not for everyone.

Also, you'll play it once (~2 hours) and never again.

Wait, how much is Waves right now? I recommend that one if it qualifies. I'm on my phone so I can't check atm.

Crimzon Clover World Ignition - $3.39 for the 2013 & 2014 GOTY
Gigantic Army - $3 mecha run & gun in the vein of Valken. Really good game.
Gunhound EX - Another $3 mecha run & gun. I've only played the PSP version but it's pretty good.

ElTopo

Banned
Crimzon Clover's $3.39. Crazy good STG, one of 2014's best games.

Already got that.

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I actually went with They Bleed Pixels (which is kicking ass and was exactly what I was looking for, just wish it supported PS3 controllers) and Dredd vs Death. So, sorry if this was kind of a pointless thread but a couple game I will keep in mind for the future.

Top Bottom