• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Letting fists and feet fly. Plok the exploding man....

IrishNinja

plok's OST is the only standout thing about that game, though...even in its era, it was totally forgettable.

now, Decap Attack...there's a classic!

JPickford

Cheers.

I just proof-read the eBook of volume 1. Ste's added a ton of extra stuff and it looks ace. We'll be publishing soon and hopefully adding a way to order physical copies. All our patreon supporters get a free eBook version and are credited inside.

Oh, and there's a new episode up. Ste's favourite.

http://www.zee-3.com/plok/index.php?comic=785

CTLance

Agreed.
This week re-creates a classic programmer/artist argument.

http://www.zee-3.com/plok/index.php?comic=786
This strikes home. I don't program anymore in any official capacity, but it's still bothering and tripping me up nowadays.
Apparently there's a lot of brainwashing involved in the learning of the fine arts of programming - You can take a progger out of IT, but you cannot take IT out of the progger.

(Putting aside the eternal <IT> vs <rest of the world> fight - It's the source of countless buffer over/underflows, memory leaks, crashes and other unintended behaviour as well, so not everything is all fun and games.)

JPickford

As in re-releasing the original on the Virtual Console? I would absolutely get that.

Yep. Will post news when we have something more concrete but it's looking good.

Also:

We've launched an eBook of the first volume (26 strips in super hi-res with a ton of additional material). You can even get a physical copy. Patreon supporters get a free copy and a mention in the book.

Available for Kindle and iBooks etc.

http://www.zee-3.com/z3/press/view.php?post=787

So is this popping up because of the rumoured sequel to be announced on the Direct tomorrow?

tumblr_mr3k9ifUDF1seuicpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mr4giqCq6p1seuicpo1_1280.jpg

Oh my lord why is there not a game like this on Wii U? I wanted Mario to be like this. :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I'm down for a VC release, never really played the game myself.
Just please for the love of god, demand that they use the NTSC version in PAL land as well.

lazygecko

I read a brief article on the history of the game recently. Pretty enlightening. Plok was in fact made by the same people who developed Wizards & Warriors 3 for Rare on the NES. I really like that game and consider it one of the underappreciated gems on the system. The game was released before they had really properly finished it so it didn't live up to their initial ambitions.

When they were workng on Plok they were in fact gunning for a partnership with Shigeru Miyamoto, but things didn't work out.

JPickford

I read a brief article on the history of the game recently. Pretty enlightening. Plok was in fact made by the same people who developed Wizards & Warriors 3 for Rare on the NES. I really like that game and consider it one of the underappreciated gems on the system. The game was released before they had really properly finished it so it didn't live up to their initial ambitions.

When they were workng on Plok they were in fact gunning for a partnership with Shigeru Miyamoto, but things didn't work out.

We (as Zippo Games) did Wizards & Warriors 2 & 3 for Rare. Also Solar Jetman. Rare weren't big on giving credit though. They even removed our names from internal design docs. "Designed by Ste Pickford" on a doc would be changed to "Revised by Tim Stamper". And that would be the only revision.

CTLance

We (as Zippo Games) did Wizards & Warriors 2 & 3 for Rare. Also Solar Jetman. Rare weren't big on giving credit though. They even removed our names from internal design docs. "Designed by Ste Pickford" on a doc would be changed to "Revised by Tim Stamper". And that would be the only revision.
Ooooh. I might be able to become a game designer after all, if that is all it takes.

Jokes aside, that sounds pretty horrible. I hope you guys found ways to troll them for that.

JPickford

Ooooh. I might be able to become a game designer after all, if that is all it takes.

Jokes aside, that sounds pretty horrible. I hope you guys found ways to troll them for that.

They were mostly great to work with and were our heroes at the time so I guess we just laughed off stuff like that. WE knew who designed the game.

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't even turn on my Wii u but if this came out on the virtual console I'd snag it up in a heartbeat. One of my all time favorite games

woopWOOP

What the... there's an official Plok comic? How come I never heard of this before! This is amazing.

Hope you guys can get the VC release worked out! Plok's as much a part of my childhood like Mario and Megaman were and I'd love to replay it on my WiiU.

Top Bottom