• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 NeoGAF Car Club | "Race to 1000"

GHG

Gold Member
OK we got the club now lets get to the racing!
roadtripbannerneqly.jpg

Things to sort out before we do this:
Who's in?
When can we all get together?

We did FM5 races on Sundays at 2pm (EST). It worked out for most people. But I want to get everyone's input on this. What days/times work for the majority of folks?
We'll probably do a couple of road trips per meet up, shouldn't take more than an hour. So time commitment shouldn't be too bad. Thoughts? Ideas?

I'll post this in the main OT aswell so we don't miss anyone.

I think that's 11pm where I am. A bit late but I can play for an hour or so before I need to shoot off to bed.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
OK we got the club now lets get to the racing!
roadtripbannerneqly.jpg

Things to sort out before we do this:
Who's in?
When can we all get together?

We did FM5 races on Sundays at 2pm (EST). It worked out for most people. But I want to get everyone's input on this. What days/times work for the majority of folks?
We'll probably do a couple of road trips per meet up, shouldn't take more than an hour. So time commitment shouldn't be too bad. Thoughts? Ideas?

I'll post this in the main OT aswell so we don't miss anyone.

Thats like 6am for me (Sydney)
Funnyly enough come end of November i will probably still be awake around then, so ill be glad to join some meets.

But as for now, i really cant make it.
Ill still earn for the club, and anytime i meet Gaffers ill play.

P.S If anyone in AUS/NZ or who is awake at really odd hours wants to add me gamertag is: BLACK STRiDE

Snicky

Console: Xbox One
Gamertag: Snickie

Country / Time Zone: US, PST
Available Play Times: During the week, evenings/night; as much as I can on the weekend

Met a lot of fun gaffers playing Destiny on PS4 but don't have many RL friends or gaffers to pal around with on Xbone, look forward to slamming into your drivatars and doing some online racing. Just finished the first road trip in single player and absolutely loved it!

Zushin

Gamertag: iZushin

Country/Timezone: Australia, AEDST
Times: Some evenings. Pretty busy currently, but looking for some GAF Drivatars!

e90Mark

Gamertag: Mark Is Rippn

Country / Time Zone: US, EST
Available Play Times: During the week, evenings/night; as much as I can on the weekend

Looking forward to seeing what kind of drivers GAF has!

zorbsie

Just a reminder to folks wanting to join the club. The club invite functions don't work. The only way to get people into the club is through an invite from free roam. It only takes 5 minutes, but it does mean we both have to be online. So if you want to join, send me a message on live and I'll switch over and get things rolling.

Also, we'll be racing tomorrow at 2pm EST. Everyone is welcome to join and crash race. If the group isn't big enough we'll move it to a public lobby. Bring a mic there will be plenty of trash talking. :)

AtmanRising

Neo Member
Xbox One
AtmanRising

USA / Pacific time
Nights and weekends
Proud GAF member and veteran simulation/arcade racer - who needs driving lines?

Gamertag: Quicksilverr

Time Zone: EST
Available Play Times: Evening/Night/Late Night
I just got this game but I loved the original and so far I am having a great time.

BTM

Gamertag: Ghost241887

Time Zone: CST
Available Play Times: Mornings/Afternoons/Evening

Zenner

Gamertag: ZenSteve

Country / Time Zone: USA / Pacific
Available Play Times: Weekends / Late Night
Say something to the team! : I'm ready to crash and burn :eek:

Cfer

Neo Member
Signed up to NeoGAF specifically so I could join this club when was first opened. Finally got my account activated this week!

Gamertag: Cfer50

Country / Time Zone: Australia / AEST
Available Play Times: Evenings / Late Night
Say something to the team! : Death to fences!

DeFrank

Gamertag: DeFrank

Country / Time Zone: United States / Eastern
Say something to the team! : Hope this is still active. :)

Got this game on a good deal and recently got an Xbox One so id like to join the club :)

My info:

Xbox One
halopower67

USA/ Eastern
Late Night

zorbsie

Sent invites to Halopower67, DeFrank and Cfer. Zenner and BTM are next up. Make sure you have registered a speed on the camera next to the main Horizon hub. That way I can send you an invite from there as opposed to meeting up in free roam.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Xbox One
jello44

US Eastern
Usually after 8.
Hello all you happy people.

Shit, I just realized I don't have xbl gold at the moment. Dunno if that is a requirement or not haha.

akileese

Xbox One
akileesedos

USA Central Time
Weekends all day/Weekday nights
I've been having a blast making spectacular off road crashes with super cars.

murcielago0890

Neo Member
Gamertag: SilverX88

Country / Time Zone: USA Eastern Time
Say something to the team! : Clean racer here!

JP

Me please!

Console - Xbox One
Gamertag - John M Parry

Country / Time Zone - Wales, GMT
Available Play Times - Evenings & Weekends

FrsDvl

I'd like to join the club!

Xbox One
FrsDvll

I'm on Mountain Time in Canada.
Available pretty much all day every day.

Figments

Hit me up with an invite.

Gamertag

Figments0

Region

US West

When Available

Most days and nights, though I'm going on vacation in a few days.

Moertel

Haven't had this much fun with a racing game for a while. Would love an invite!

Platform:
Xbox One

Gamertag:
Clanzich

Timezone:
CET

Available:
Usually Evenings

Zenner

What's the best way to round up some GAFers, or find where the action is, when hopping online? I was expecting to see some mmorpg-style controls & tools in the online club section UI, but I don't see any. I guess a shout-out on the Xbox activity feed is pretty much it, unless I'm missing something.

zorbsie

What's the best way to round up some GAFers, or find where the action is, when hopping online? I was expecting to see some mmorpg-style controls & tools in the online club section UI, but I don't see any. I guess a shout-out on the Xbox activity feed is pretty much it, unless I'm missing something.

Sadly this is where the game is lacking. When we do weekend races I have to send invites through my friends list. Otherwise I don't know who's actually online. The club section of the menus needs some fixes. Even an "invite club to race" button would be great. But I could see sending out 1000 invites for a lobby that can only hold 12 or 16(can't remember) would be a strain on the servers. A simple green dot besides names of folks that are online would go a long way.

Club invites sent out to:
DocSeuss
Mr.Fusion
Moertel
AngryWhiteMan
Figments
Cowie
FrsDvl
akilshohen
Humidex
Adam Blue

You'll find the invite in the message center under social in the pause menu.

If you are on the original list and haven't got into the club and of course still play the game, shoot me a message and I'll sort you out.

We've been racing every weekend for the past weeks now. We post about that on the OT thread. So if you'd like to join us head over there.

Cowie

Sadly this is where the game is lacking. When we do weekend races I have to send invites through my friends list. Otherwise I don't know who's actually online. The club section of the menus needs some fixes. Even an "invite club to race" button would be great. But I could see sending out 1000 invites for a lobby that can only hold 12 or 16(can't remember) would be a strain on the servers. A simple green dot besides names of folks that are online would go a long way.

Club invites sent out to:
DocSeuss
Mr.Fusion
Moertel
AngryWhiteMan
Figments
Cowie
FrsDvl
akilshohen
Humidex
Adam Blue

You'll find the invite in the message center under social in the pause menu.

If you are on the original list and haven't got into the club and of course still play the game, shoot me a message and I'll sort you out.

We've been racing every weekend for the past weeks now. We post about that on the OT thread. So if you'd like to join us head over there.

Thanks so much! I appreciate your dedication so far beyond release. Took me a little while to get bit by the Forza bug.

Mystic

Neo Member
Xbox One
Mr Afronaut

USA / EST

Free to play most weekdays days after 6PM and weekends usually anytime.
Excited to race with you Folks

Zenner

A simple green dot besides names of folks that are online would go a long way.

Just found:

Smartglass >> Forza Horizon 2 >> Details >> Friends Who Play

Lists all friends who have that game, starting alphabetically with a green-dot list of those currently online. Handy.

Pimpbaa

Xbox One
CrustyNoob

US / EST

Not technically in EST, but I live in an odd time zone so I posted the one closest in the US.

zorbsie

Just found:

Smartglass >> Forza Horizon 2 >> Details >> Friends Who Play

Lists all friends who have that game, starting alphabetically with a green-dot list of those currently online. Handy.

You sir are the man! Nice find. Too bad we can't send invites from smartglass. That would be the best. Still useful though.

And to the folks who have recently posted about joining the club. I'll send out invites later tonight when the kids get off "the Netflix machine".

zorbsie

Alright invites sent out to the following:

StriKeVillain
plagiarize
Pimpbaa
besthijacker
Mystic
Voidwolf
possiblyphil

Club is now at 975 members, almost full. Leaderboard position is 22. Nice stuff.

krpiper

Console: Xbox 1
Gamertag: krpiper (same as GAF)

Country / Time Zone: USA Central
Available Play Times (Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night/Late Night): I just got laid off from my job...so...any time?

My name is Kyle, I have played some form of Forza since 2, but this is the first one (besides 3 I guess) to really sink its teeth into me! I am not very far yet (only got my xbox a few weeks ago, then lose my job, go figure) but I just have a great feeling when I play this game

LeFAIS

I'd like to join the club, just got a xbox one

Gamertag: MarocFAYS

Timezone: CET

Weekends and nights.

Top Bottom