• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Holiday Sale Week 3 (Hotline Miami, Metro Redux, Child of Light, Duck Dynasty)

I loved it, but to the over-aggressiveness of the cops it doesn't make for a great pure racer. Once you've completed the story from both sides, there's little to keep you playing it. Still worth playing, I think.
Thanks! I might wait then. If the structure were something more akin to Most Wanted, I'd bite it. I got tons of hours from that.

JNA

Banned
Ok list. Never played Child of Light and I heard good things about it. Will probably give that a go.

Or maybe I will wait until that gets even cheeper.

.J.

Banned
I saw it too, it looked like the exact same promotion image they used for the last rockstar sale that was a few months ago.

My guess a cache glitch.

Yeah, that appears to be the case. I was hoping we'd see a little discount on GTAV on PS4, but... it'll come. It'll come.

Ok, seriously, when is the last time Journey went on sale? It's the last game I need to complete my PS3 library and I'd like to get it overwith...

This is purely a guess, but with it coming soon to PS4 and being cross buy, I would guess that they're holding off on sales to try to get the full price out of new players on launch. But maybe I'm just being cynical.

Was gonna be bummed about Vita love but...meh, whatever. This poor thing...

*sigh* Yeah, it sucks. I love my Vita, and I think it's got so much potential, even outside of the mythical, never-gonna-happen again AAA style games a lot of people want on it. With that said, the only things that we're seeing on sale for it are almost guaranteed to be PS+ titles at some point.

So for me, there really isn't anything in this sale that I'll be buying. Not that I'm down on it--in fact, I think there's a lot of great stuff in there. The problem is, I already own the stuff I want, and the things I'm merely curious about will almost definitely be PS+ titles within the next year or so.

A post on Kotaku advertising these sales said that Alien: Isolation and a BF4 thing will be on sale next week. That's where my money's going. Also, I'm hoping we have a dope flash sale this month.

Grinchy

Banned
It looks like there isn't a standalone PS4 version of Terraria for $4.50. The blog post in the OP has a list that includes it, but the blog post with the official store update doesn't list the PS4 version on its own at all.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/16/playstation-store-update-373/
4J2BGiq.jpg

I guess I have to buy the $6 bundle even though I already have the Vita version.

Anyone on the fence on Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn should get it. I'm having a blast with it. Last one I played was DW Gundam 2, and this is quite a step up!

Anyone on the fence on Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn should get it. I'm having a blast with it. Last one I played was DW Gundam 2, and this is quite a step up!

3 was already a huge step up from 2. How does Gundam Reborn compare to that? The video preview for it didn't tell me all that much. Specifically, how's the two player mode since that's about all I'd play with my wife.

3 was already a huge step up from 2. How does Gundam Reborn compare to that? The video preview for it didn't tell me all that much. Specifically, how's the two player mode since that's about all I'd play with my wife.

Haven't played 3, so I can't compare/contrast. I also haven't tried split screen or online co-op yet (only had it for a couple hours, and nobody to split screen with), but some you tube videos I watched reported slowdown in split screen.

Flandy

Should I get the Vita or PS4 version of Child of Light?
Decisions decisions
It looks like there isn't a standalone PS4 version of Terraria for $4.50. The blog post in the OP has a list that includes it, but the blog post with the official store update doesn't list the PS4 version on its own at all.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/16/playstation-store-update-373/
4J2BGiq.jpg

I guess I have to buy the $6 bundle even though I already have the Vita version.

Added an edit to the OP to clarify this. Thanks!

Sora_N

Is Child of Light good if I actually didn't like the demo? I was hyped but the demo didn't sell me.

I might just buy DW Gundam if not.

m@cross

Was really hoping to see some solid deals on VITA games, so far only week 1 has made me happy. Bought CoL when it launched, worth the price if you haven't played it.

why are people being so hyperbolic in this thread?

I am enjoying WTNO right now, and am interested in playing the Metro games as well; are they both (meaning the two Metro games) worth getting or should I just get the latest one?

Personally I'd buy it in a store. This "Sale" is regular price at retail and really disappointing.

Anyway I am admittedly salty towards Sony's "sales" atm. I really feel their handling of plus on the ps4 side, after locking multi behind a paywall, has taken an extreme nosedive. I have two years of plus subbed, so they have until then to get their shit in order.

Scirrocco

How is the Transformers game? I was a big fan of the cybertron series, is it at least decent compare to those?

How are counterspy, Child of Light, and Terraria running on Vita? Any issues there? Otherwise I'll probably buy them.

Never thought i'd say this, but i have too many vita games!

Grabbed Hotline Miami, I've had it from GOG for a while but figured may as well.

Gotta say, the controller shake to beat down and enemy is a fantastic addition. Wish you had the option to flip triggers/shoulder buttons like the PC version though.

Trophies tho! Will prob be the first game I try to platinum

UFRA

I got Terraria on PS4, and for some reason there's no trophies for it. (I played the game for a few hours, went back and synced trophy data, and nothing...)

Is this a glitch I'm experiencing or is something wrong? Can anyone confirm?

MMaRsu

Banned
What the fuck??? I go and look at the christmas deals and NFS the complete edition is 30 DOLLARS on the US store.

I switch back to my main account and see Nfs the complete edition going for 34,99 EUROS.

What the fuck EA/Sony??? So the game is not only priced totally different, if you buy it on the psn store you save like 10 euro's or more!!

FU EA

impact

Banned
These aren't the same platforms. Games have always been cheaper on pc since you need the proper investment in pc hardware to play them well.

Almost double the price though LOL

I wanna play Metro Redux on PS4, but that price is like spitting in my face. Will keep waiting for an actual sale.

What the fuck??? I go and look at the christmas deals and NFS the complete edition is 30 DOLLARS on the US store.

I switch back to my main account and see Nfs the complete edition going for 34,99 EUROS.

What the fuck EA/Sony??? So the game is not only priced totally different, if you buy it on the psn store you save like 10 euro's or more!!

FU EA

$30 is way too much for that game anyway bro

How is the Transformers game? I was a big fan of the cybertron series, is it at least decent compare to those?

How are counterspy, Child of Light, and Terraria running on Vita? Any issues there? Otherwise I'll probably buy them.

Never thought i'd say this, but i have too many vita games!

Can't speak for the others but Terraria is the best on the vita between that and ps3, haven't tried the ps4 one yet.

genjiZERO

Child of Light looks tempting... but I'm very sceptical about it. I hate blowing any money that goes to Ubisoft on a gamble.

MMaRsu

Banned
Almost double the price though LOL

I wanna play Metro Redux on PS4, but that price is like spitting in my face. Will keep waiting for an actual sale.

$30 is way too much for that game anyway bro

Oh I know, I already finished the game and sold it a long time ago.

But this is a horrible deal.

Raoh

Is this sale still on? I was going to buy Child of Light on Xbox One for 14.99 but saw it here for PSN for 7.49 so I'll wait for the PSN store to come back up for me if its currently half the price.

Top Bottom