• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

I'm guessing the Homing Launcher uses the same functionality the Homing Missiles do?

How hard is it to combat the Railgun? Is it a reliable anti-vehicle weapon?

I'm guessing the Homing Launcher uses the same functionality the Homing Missiles do?

How hard is it to combat the Railgun? Is it a reliable anti-vehicle weapon?

Railgun isn't online, as for the homing missles, i'm not sure yet, I had someone fire 3 rockets at me in a buzzard and he missed each shot. I wasn't doing any fancy maneuvers either.

Reule

Ugh, I think I missed the optional mission The Good Husband. Michael should've gotten a phone call early on in the game but I never received it. I know I didn't hang up on any phone calls so I don't know. Anyone else miss that mission?

Sucks, I did everything on the PS3 version but missed on that. Going to continue on through though. Going to get 100% then do it all again!

SourLinedCrane.gif

XD

wow

Feels so much better with no deadzone is my first impression after playing tonight.

The new Jester is so fun to drive... albeit I never drove the original very often so maybe I was just missing out. I was always a Massacro guy.

Raptomex

Am I the only one still having a problem leaving the military base with the Jet on the PS4? Those fuckers manage to hit me every time. Goddamnit.

Ozorov

Just bought the game and saw that the patch just come with deadzones etc. Does anyone have find some good settings on with it yet? So little input lag as possible.

Or do I just put deadzones to minimum?

Vindicator

Am I the only one still having a problem leaving the military base with the Jet on the PS4? Those fuckers manage to hit me every time. Goddamnit.

Had the same experience, no matter fast I managed to take off. Getting hit out of nowhere.
Extremely annoying, especially when the Jet-Engine stops working right before your Hangar...

OraleeWey

Just bought the game and saw that the patch just come with deadzones etc. Does anyone have find some good settings on with it yet? So little input lag as possible.

Or do I just put deadzones to minimum?
Minimum is good. But I simply move one to the right.

Had the same experience, no matter fast I managed to take off. Getting hit out of nowhere.
Extremely annoying, especially when the Jet-Engine stops working right before your Hangar...

Get the jet in the hangar nearest to the command tower. When you take off, fly as low as possible until you're out of the base. Don't go straight into air... If you need to dodge missiles, hold L1/R1 and turn left/right respectively.

shiba5

If they manage to hit you (in SP), but the jet is still working enough to get outside the base, quickly save the game. Even if the engine gives out, when you reload you will be flying a brand new plane.

Raptomex

If they manage to hit you (in SP), but the jet is still working enough to get outside the base, quickly save the game. Even if the engine gives out, when you reload you will be flying a brand new plane.
Good idea. I always forget about that.

The new Jester is so fun to drive... albeit I never drove the original very often so maybe I was just missing out. I was always a Massacro guy.
Why not both?? Before, I had a garage with 7 sports cars...but now?! It will be filled with ALL sports cars. The Jester is great, especially since you can block out the rear window. Can't compare it to much, but the Massacro is also a beast. That's a great combo of the Carbinozzare and Coquette, both great cars. Sadly I don't care for vinyl on my cars...so the new models will not be gracing my garages....however my old 7 sports car garage will soon be turning into an ALL sports car garage. I already bought 2 more Comets...but those will be going in a separate garage...I mean you can now own up to 30 cars!! Why not go overboard?!?!

This is in Online, btw...For single player...I say just go nuts with all the end game cash for when you are completing the side stuff, if you want to go that route. Or to test for online, though, I still swear SP vehicles perform differently than MP vehicles...just something about the way they feel..

For avoiding anti-air escaping Fort Zancudo, make sure you fly as low as physically possible for like a good mile or so after you escape the base. At least in Online, I've managed to escape flying low without even triggering the anti-air.

I gotta ask because I sold my PS4 before this update hit

Why does everyone suggest lowering the deadzone but keeping the acceleration nearly maxed?

The acceleration.

The thing that was almost single-handedly responsible for the controls being shit.

That sounds... just as bad as before except now with a smaller deadzone.

Why not just kill the acceleration entirely? Wouldn't the game then control like any other shooter that has reasonable controls on these systems?

I gotta ask because I sold my PS4 before this update hit

Why does everyone suggest lowering the deadzone but keeping the acceleration nearly maxed?
That sounds... just as bad as before except now with a smaller deadzone.

Why not just kill the acceleration entirely? Wouldn't the game then control like any other shooter that has reasonable controls on these systems?

Because the acceleration in this game is ass-backwards. Turning it all of the way down makes your camera move like a tank.

Tigress

Minimum is good. But I simply move one to the right.

Get the jet in the hangar nearest to the command tower. When you take off, fly as low as possible until you're out of the base. Don't go straight into air... If you need to dodge missiles, hold L1/R1 and turn left/right respectively.

I'm pretty sure that jet doesn't spawn anymore. If you're lucky they will spawn the first time you are there before you are running around wondering where the hell all the jets are (I've had that happen. It finally spawned one but then it was too late. SO then I had to get back on and steal that plane. But it seems like it is slow to spawn the planes so you have to wonder around the area a bit to get htem to spawn. Or hope some one else was on there recently to get planes to spawn. But they never spawn in that hangar anymore).

Raptomex

I left the acceleration at default and lowered the deadzone all the way down. Everything works fine for me. The deadzone never really bothered me before. I think I just got use to it.

Stanng243

I just cleared my backlog enough to start playing this game on the ps4, and I have a few questions:
1: How do I know if my special edition content from the ps3 version carried over? Also, how do I know if i got the bonuses for playing the game on the ps3 before?
2: I thought we received in-game money for preordering this? Was there a cut-off date? I preordered digitally on the 17th when it came out on the 18th.
Thank you for the help.

Raptomex

I just cleared my backlog enough to start playing this game on the ps4, and I have a few questions:
1: How do I know if my special edition content from the ps3 version carried over? Also, how do I know if i got the bonuses for playing the game on the ps3 before?
2: I thought we received in-game money for preordering this? Was there a cut-off date? I preordered digitally on the 17th when it came out on the 18th.
Thank you for the help.
1. You shoul get in-game text. I think you have to play a few missions first in SP. I didn't receive it right away.

2. You receive 500K in SP for whatever character you're currently playing as. I think you have to go into the menus and claim it. I think the other 500K is for Online.

Stanng243

1. You shoul get in-game text. I think you have to play a few missions first in SP. I didn't receive it right away.

2. You receive 500K in SP for whatever character you're currently playing as. I think you have to go into the menus and claim it. I think the other 500K is for Online.

Thank you. I can never read those texts on the phone, it is way too small.

TCRS

Banned
took to the air for the first time today. saw the city from above in a heli, can't believe how detailed some of the roofs are. then the sun started setting, the lights went on, and now it's night. I'm so awestruck at the beauty of this game, I can't get enough. so lucky to play this.

thank you based rockstar.

Raptomex

Does any1 know how i can make a quick $150 million so that i can purchase the golf club property?
I had that very same question when I was playing the last gen version. If you didn't take advantage of the assassination missions to manipulate the market then I'm not sure. I had this problem with the last gen versions. Plus BAWSAQ was always down at release and I didn't think money would be an issue. You can make money off the stock market either way I just don't know what's good or bad to invest in.

SJRB

Gold Member
I didn't even know this feature existed until a couple of weeks ago. It makes stealing a jet soooo much easier. And it finally gives me something to spend my money on, besides ammo.

I've played well over 150 hours and had no idea this was even a thing. At what point is this explained?

Just for the record - this works in singleplayer too?

I've played well over 150 hours and had no idea this was even a thing. At what point is this explained?

Just for the record - this works in singleplayer too?

No idea it it works in SP, sorry.

And I just happened to see it when I called for him to remove my wanted level. I don't think it ever came up as a notification or anything.

saunderez

Just a couple of quick questions for all you onliners. I'm keen on playing the upcoming heists even though I haven't played a whole lot of online. My transferred character is level 7 and I have the $500k preorder bonus plus whatever pocket change my transferred character had. Do I have enough money for the luxury apartment required to do the heists? If so, how long would it take someone playing casually to go from rank 7 to 12? I just wanna make sure I've got my stuff in order before it releases.

Rembrandt

Banned
Just a couple of quick questions for all you onliners. I'm keen on playing the upcoming heists even though I haven't played a whole lot of online. My transferred character is level 7 and I have the $500k preorder bonus plus whatever pocket change my transferred character had. Do I have enough money for the luxury apartment required to do the heists? If so, how long would it take someone playing casually to go from rank 7 to 12? I just wanna make sure I've got my stuff in order before it releases.

Yeah, you do and extremely quick. Like maybe 2 hours.

-griffy-

Banned
o.0

so max setting is low-to-no accelleration or is the spectrum just fucked

The way I read it is I believe the acceleration setting is affecting the acceleration curve, and what that refers to is the relation between the position of the stick and the speed of the movement. The curve would look like this:
curve-1.jpg

You can imagine the X-axis representing stick position, and the Y-axis representing acceleration/movement speed. So lower left box equals stick centered and no movement. And you can see how the shape of the curve would alter how acceleration is affected in relation to stick position. The curve there shows that speed starts at 0 and then very gradually, slowly gets faster before increasing speed at a greater rate past the second box.

Now, the acceleration setting is presumably altering the curve on that graph, so at 0 it might even be more of an S-curve than that image, and at max it might be closer to this:
med-strong-con-curve.png

The more you increase the acceleration slider, the less you are "dampening" or "easing" the rate of acceleration.

Which would seemingly result in a more predictable, "responsive" feeling as you don't have to move the stick as much in order for the acceleration to increase. It requires less movement of the stick on the low end to move faster, and you pair that with a lower deadzone and it means you can make faster movements with less stick movement.

The sensitivity setting might be described like a multiplier on top of this, so the higher the setting the faster the base speed at any given position would be. For example, at position a, speed would be X at 0 sensitivity, but would be 2•X at 2 sensitivity.

I swear the people at Rockstar have the worst taste in music. Not a single station has a song I like.

Mostly rap and hip-hop. Some pop and rock, one Hardcore station (which unfortunately isn't the kind of core I'm into).
At least Saints Row has enjoyable songs/

snacknuts

we all knew her

You can get the apartment, but I have no idea how much cash is required to fund the heists.

I swear the people at Rockstar have the worst taste in music. Not a single station has a song I like.

I find this statement to be completely ridiculous. What kind of music do you normally listen to?

Mostly rap and hip-hop. Some pop and rock, one Hardcore station (which unfortunately isn't the kind of core I'm into).

Rockstar probably have the most diverse and most broad taste in music. At least for use in a videogame.

Minamu

Wat? I was super bummed with GTA4 after the massive music success of GTA:SA and VC but the DLC's rectified that somewhat and GTA5 is borderline on-par with the greatest OSTs they've had so far, imho.

Edit: Is there any way to change the camera controls during flight? Having the camera rotate with planes in barrel rolls is annoying as hell :/

You can get the apartment, but I have no idea how much cash is required to fund the heists.

I find this statement to be completely ridiculous. What kind of music do you normally listen to?
Post hardcore, alternative rock, progressive rock.
Just don't like any song in GTAV. Even though Saints Row had one of my least favorite death from above songs, at least they had something.

Rockstar probably have the most diverse and most broad taste in music. At least for use in a videogame.
Just feels like there's too much hip hop, rap and r&b
If there was a custom radio station option like GTAIV I wouldn't complain at all.

And I think people who like metal have the worst taste in music. That's why it's just an opinion, man.

This game still has a great soundtrack. Not as good as SA but probably 2nd best in the series.

BigDug13

Just don't like any song in GTAV. Even though Saints Row had one of my least favorite death from above songs, at least they had something.

If there was a custom radio station option like GTAIV I wouldn't complain at all.

If you flip through the radio stations in Los Angeles, you'll probably find a few hip hop stations. As you get out of town, some of those change into Blaine County stations. (not every station works on the whole island. Certain parts have stations drop out and others take their place. In the more urban environment, you find a few more hip hop stations than you do as you venture out. Which I think is a first for a GTA game to have radio stations that change in various parts of the landmass.)

If you flip through the radio stations in Los Angeles, you'll probably find a few hip hop stations. As you get out of town, some of those change into Blaine County stations. (not every station works on the whole island. Certain parts have stations drop out and others take their place. In the more urban environment, you find a few more hip hop stations than you do as you venture out. Which I think is a first for a GTA game to have radio stations that change in various parts of the landmass.)
That's something I actually didn't know, that's pretty neat.

Voidance

I hear you there, man. I'd settle for a nice, classical station if they, for some reason, couldn't get the license for good metal. I usually leave it on talk radio or just turn it off. Can't stand 80% of the stations no matter where I am on the island.

Top Bottom