• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Illucio

Banned
Question. If I didn't really enjoy Soul Sacrifice due to finding battling boss after boss with no exploration or any other kind of gameplay mindless and boring, would I enjoy this? Or is it similar to Soul Sacrifice in that it's just a series of fights with bosses with no actual gameplay in between?

Uh... There is very and I mean VERY little exploration in this game. As in, follow the plot and explore rooms that look like the same exact thing you had to explore last time. The only difference is the games ending room. And you go through a cool sequence of rooms to meet some weird ass dude with a spikey scarf that I want to buy. D:

.... But if you can't enjoy endless boss battles this isn't the game for you. There is however a change up in different mission types however, but in the end this game is all pure Gameplay and Story. (And a Butt load of customization.)

Fasty

Uh... There is very and I mean VERY little exploration in this game. As in, follow the plot and explore rooms that look like the same exact thing you had to explore last time. The only difference is the games ending room. And you go through a cool sequence of rooms to meet some weird ass dude with a spikey scarf that I want to buy. D:

.... But if you can't enjoy endless boss battles this isn't the game for you. There is however a change up in different mission types however, but in the end this game is all pure Gameplay and Story. (And a Butt load of customization.)

Cool thanks for the info. Maybe I'd find this more fun that Soul Sacrifice, just due to the fact that the story does seem more engaging and might tie in better with the action.

Westraid

Capture control systems is a bleeding pain.
My team and their dumb accessories just engage the big whatchamacallit unless I tell EVERYONE to stand at one base.
Then I tell my Accessory to stay put at the 2nd, but the "standby" option just has him standing there, not defending against enemies.
By the time I capture the third base myself, he is dead. When I go back to ress his sorry ass, recapture the base, I lost the third one and time runs out.

Capture control systems is a bleeding pain.
My team and their dumb accessories just engage the big whatchamacallit unless I tell EVERYONE to stand at one base.
Then I tell my Accessory to stay put at the 2nd, but the "standby" option just has him standing there, not defending against enemies.
By the time I capture the third base myself, he is dead. When I go back to ress his sorry ass, recapture the base, I lost the third one and time runs out.

There are 3 capture orders you can add to your accessory's loadout: "capture enemy control systems", "capture nearby enemy systems" and "capture neutral control systems".

Westraid

Finally got it, what a pain. Acc kept dying so it was a pretty close call.
Rest of the team was worthless. Kinda doubting if I can finish the storymode with that bunch of morons, but we'll see.

Soulhouf

Finally got it, what a pain. Acc kept dying so it was a pretty close call.
Rest of the team was worthless. Kinda doubting if I can finish the storymode with that bunch of morons, but we'll see.

After trying all the options that are available my conclusion is: when you don't give the AI orders, things generally go a lot better.
I only order my accessory in the beginning to gather the treasures scattered through the map. That's all and I was able to beat everything in the game without playing online (I can't play online with my US account since I have the Japanese version).

Prelude.

PSN has been terrible for the last few days, I keep getting kicked out of PSN, join a room and then find myself alone as the host, DNS errors etc.

Ephidel

PSN has been terrible for the last few days, I keep getting kicked out of PSN, join a room and then find myself alone as the host, DNS errors etc.
I hate joining a room and ending up as the host, because once I'm listed as the host I feel I actually have to start selecting ops (because nobody else does), and most of the time I don't really want to run anything specific.
I also keep ending up in SpecOps where half the team gets disconnected and replaced with bots. I know we can just abandon and re-start, but it's annoying, especially when it happens repeatedly.

Malyse

Pretty sure that's not on PSN but rather the FW netcode. I've been playing SSD at the same time and have had exactly zero issues.

Westraid

Completed the final mission. I was going to upgrade my gear but it took so long, and I was curious so I just started up the mission knowing I'd probably fail.
Took a little longer because of my gear, but I didn't really have any trouble with it. Made it on the first try, and then realized I also forgot to switch to my new augmentations lol.

All this time I've kind of hoped that my Accessory would stop being such a protocol strict douche canoe, but alas.
The nicest thing he'll ever say to me is that there are no new messages. :(

Took some screenies of the Fuelling Station.
fws1umuqc.png

fws2y9uzo.png

JimPanzer

I want something new for my new vita 2000. How would you rank this game compared to toukiden (which I loved)? Are there alot of different weapon models?

sliferx94

Neo Member
I want something new for my new vita 2000. How would you rank this game compared to toukiden (which I loved)? Are there alot of different weapon models?

I think if you count all weapons and their advanced, there would be around 147 weapons in total. Mind you advanced model of weapons is just a recolor but a pretty cool one (unless going impact path lol) but yeah there is a great amount of variety imo and nothing feels underpowered or too weak when compared to each other.

Zareka

Sorry if this is a silly question, but is there any way I can preview DLC songs/costumes before I buy them? Couldn't find anything from a quick google search and skimming the OP so I figure asking here will be the quickest way. Sorry if it's easy to find and I'm just dumb! :p

Beat this a few days ago... I need a break from it but I really enjoyed it.

Any tips on stuff I might have glossed over? The weapon modding and upgrading system is more confusing than it needs to be.

RpgN

So, I'm taking it easy playing this game and just cleared Code 4 exam. It's around that time that I started investing more into weapon ugrade and grinding missions to get the needed materials. After reaching level 5 on both the sword and gun there is an option to have advanced versions of weapons but start level 1 again. What are the benefits of advanced versions? Also, Is it wasting time upgrading weapons with low rarity or not?

So, I'm taking it easy playing this game and just cleared Code 4 exam. It's around that time that I started investing more into weapon ugrade and grinding missions to get the needed materials. After reaching level 5 on both the sword and gun there is an option to have advanced versions of weapons but start level 1 again. What are the benefits of advanced versions? Also, Is it wasting time upgrading weapons with low rarity or not?

Depends on what you plan to do with the game.

If you just want to finish the game/post-game "mid-rarity" (5~6) ones are plenty powerful and has enough slots for things.

It is always a waste of time (because of how grindy the game can be) upgrading the "wrong" weapons, but IMO the growth rate matters more than rarity.

Not sure if they changed anything, but getting a Rarity 8 + late bloomer growth wouldn't be hard as long as you cheat the game via savegames (Content Manager or PS+). Lots of reloading will save you lots of grind.

Zareka

Finally got into a vs operation match and I have no idea what just happened. Me and some other dude got spawn camped to hell by 3 other people from Manila.

Go London!

Wagram

Just picked this up. I look forward to playing it in about 2 years when I manage to work my way through the ridiculous backlog that I have.

ClearData

I just picked up the game and over my week off for Christmas I am going to play this and probably nothing else. If a group of Freedom War Gaffers could add me and don't mind a noob send me a friend request and put that you are from GAF in the message so I know where it's from. Thanks guys.

PSN Typemoon13
Timezone Eastern Standard Time
Availability Work Week: Morning and Afternoons, Evenings sporadically, Vacation: Anytime!

P.S. I looked for a resource in the OP for friends and didn't see one. Sorry if I missed it.

baekshi

Banned
I just picked up the game and over my week off for Christmas I am going to play this and probably nothing else. If a group of Freedom War Gaffers could add me and don't mind a noob send me a friend request and put that you are from GAF in the message so I know where it's from. Thanks guys.

PSN Typemoon13
Timezone Eastern Standard Time
Availability Work Week: Morning and Afternoons, Evenings sporadically, Vacation: Anytime!

P.S. I looked for a resource in the OP for friends and didn't see one. Sorry if I missed it.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136208206&postcount=7

I just ordered it so hopefully I like it.

Is any of the DLC absolutely necessary? There seems to be a lot. I understand the costumes but the workers and stuff don't really make sense since I haven't played the game yet.

Nishastra

Banned

Is any of the DLC absolutely necessary? There seems to be a lot. I understand the costumes but the workers and stuff don't really make sense since I haven't played the game yet.
Citizens and stuff would be stunningly pointless to buy. No clue why they even sell them.

Doombear

I bought a few costumes (A and B, check Baek's post here to see them) and the extra facility slots. I see no point in much else. Maybe the colors. I am pretty happy with my grays for the moment, but it is fun to switch it up. The workers are pretty easy to farm by the time you really need them though.

ieecSrQlMwmmg.jpg

Hi guys, the game is on sale on EU PSN, I hate MH-like, should I take it anyway and give it a try ?

My gut reaction is no, you shouldn't, but who knows. What don't you like about "MH-like" games? This is much more of a shooter, or at least that option is there and very effective. Melee combat exists of course, but I don't prefer it here. There are definitely similarities. For me it is the grinding for a few rare items that never seem to drop, the difficulty spike, the online teamwork option, and the amount of weapon options. Otherwise it is its own crazy game with a crazy original world and a ... well, if I type any more I will get years added to my sentence...

If the looks in videos don't interest you, and you truly hate MH-likes as you call them, then I see you likely not liking this one even with its characteristics that set it apart.

Hikami

Haven't played this since I beat the story quite a while ago.. I feel like reducing my sentence to 0 now though.

What's the fastest way to do that?

Prelude.

Haven't played this since I beat the story quite a while ago.. I feel like reducing my sentence to 0 now though.

What's the fastest way to do that?

Get the Contribution Booster and Contribution Booster+ augmentations and play retributions online. If you finish a 10k mission you get 17500.

You can also produce high quality materials with the munitions/medical facilities in between missions.

Yasumi

Banned
Hi guys, the game is on sale on EU PSN, I hate MH-like, should I take it anyway and give it a try ?
It's more of a TPS like Lost Planet than a MonHun. Check out some videos and see if you might want to give it a shot. As someone who's gotten tired of the MonHun series, Freedom Wars was a lot of fun.

kizito

Well, thanks for the answers, I'm going to watch some videos and see if I might like it, as you say it's not the typical MH-like : p

Picked this up yesterday

Like it alot but DAYUM is the initial story sections annoying

Lots of running around between loading points at the start of Code 2.

WTF does it ease up and allow me to go back to missions soon?

Guys I have a big problem.

I love the setting and like the gameplay. However the story and storytelling both suck. Big time. Dunno why but the whole delivery of the ploy is totally unengaging.

Am I the only one begging the game to stop shoving the story down my throat and let me actually play the damn game? It is dragging my experience with the game down significantly.

Edit: code 3 btw

Top Bottom