• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

fedexpeon

Banned
I just played Tales of Heart on the PS TV.

Fricken amazing.
Control isn't as good as the Vita, but using the DS4 with the touchpad is still good enough.
The touchpad=touch screen function in ToH is almost flawless.

I can't believe Sony didn't add the touchpad functionality within the PSTV OS.
Using the touchpad to navigate the PSTV would work just like if it is the Vita touch screen.

Yaari

Any chance they'll add such stuff? The entire thing just feels incredibly neglected. Theres so many things to do but I honestly question if they ever released an update at all. Does anyone know?

I can only hope they will eventually start to improve this thing.

fedexpeon

Banned
Any chance they'll add such stuff? The entire thing just feels incredibly neglected. Theres so many things to do but I honestly question if they ever released an update at all. Does anyone know?

I can only hope they will eventually start to improve this thing.

Probably not.
You can tell when they didn't use touchpad=touchscreen function in the beginning when designing the PSTV operating system.
This would replicate the Vita to the PSTV functionality almost 1 to 1....almost.

Heck, some people have touch screen monitor and they didn't design the PSTV to detect if people have touch-screen monitor or not.

Is there a way to get the PlayStation TV to turn on when you press the PS button on the DualShock 4? For me it just lights up, goes white for a bit, and then turns off(the controller that is, not the PSTV)
If it's all the way off, you can only turn it on with the power button. You should be able to wake it up from standby with the PS button, though.

redhairedking

Guess I should have specified in the us* and recently being since the pstv's us release*

Oh ok, I thought you were responding to a post about a Japanese game. If we're talking specifically US I know the two Neptunia games so far are not compatible and I know for sure one of them was launched after the PSTV. Anyway, most new games are compatible but not all.

Oh ok, I thought you were responding to a post about a Japanese game. If we're talking specifically US I know the two Neptunia games so far are not compatible and I know for sure one of them was launched after the PSTV. Anyway, most new games are compatible but not all.

Which one? In North America, Re;Birth1 came out in August and the PS TV came out in October. By all rights it should be compatible, I don't know why IFI won't retroacticely add it to the compatibility list.

redhairedking

Which one? In North America, Re;Birth1 came out in August and the PS TV came out in October. By all rights it should be compatible, I don't know why IFI won't retroacticely add it to the compatibility list.

Oh I was thinking of Re;birth 1; I guess it released earlier than I thought. The japanese version of that and PP are both compatible but for whatever reason IFI just won't make the US release compatible.

This pstv looks like a big confusing mess.

It really kind of is, but when it works it's great

Ekir

^ Amen to that. It needs LOTS of improvements with its software and white lists. Is a beast though and when it works, it works really well.

Has there been any comment yet on getting Danganronpa 1 working for EU PS TVs?

Nope

I'm so frustrated that asked already for an US copy...

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Got mine all set up, what games would you recommend? Just tried joe danger and liked it. I am surprised that wipeout doesn't work though.

How often are we getting firmware updates roughly? I wonder if someone will open these up and turn it into a mini computer or something.

Lexxism

I'm currently on the fence between the $60 PSTV (standalone) and $80 bundle. Do I really need a memory card if I'm just going to use it as a remote play purpose? I assume no right? I'll probably buy one tomorrow. Too bad Netflix is currently not working on this :/

Kolma

I'm currently on the fence between the $60 PSTV (standalone) and $80 bundle. Do I really need a memory card if I'm just going to use it as a remote play purpose? I assume no right? I'll probably buy one tomorrow. Too bad Netflix is currently not working on this :/

It comes with 1GB internal, should be enough to download the PS4 remote play app.

Kolma

Is there a way to get the PlayStation TV to turn on when you press the PS button on the DualShock 4? For me it just lights up, goes white for a bit, and then turns off(the controller that is, not the PSTV)

Think you have to just put PS/Vita TV on standby and not full on power off

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

80 dollars now?! Holy shit :( it must be tanking so hard. 80 dollars is worth it, sell the game/controller and the card is decent for a handful of games here and there, you'll end up making money over the 60.

edit- seriously though is there even an outside chance they add netflix support? the support for this device is almost non existant.

MarkusRJR

The lack of YouTube and Netflix support on PS TV is depressing. YouTube and Netflix work without a touch screen on the normal Vita, why is support taken away on it?

Also, what's best way to deal with transferring saves from PS TV to PS Vita. I don't want to pay for PS Plus because I play on Xbox/Nintendo and Sony handhelds are my only major experience with PS. Is there no way to connect a Vita to update saves or anything? I'm currently just swapping out my 32gb Vita memory card when I change machines, but the slow database updating and the apps moving around is annoying.

Dawg

I'm probably going to import the bundle from the US because it's cheaper AND has 8gb + extra DS3 controller.

All my EU games will work on it, right? I'll be using my EU account on it. I'll probably need a different power cord too. Not sure if anyone knows what I should get. Ordering from amazon.com unless anyone here has better advice.

Vashetti

Banned
Thinking of importing this from Amazon.com to the UK, as it works out at £50 for the standard model, much better than the £80 that everyone is charging here.

Couple of questions, it would come with a US plug right? What adapter would I need, and I'm assuming it would work fine in the UK?

Have they released a black vertical stand for this? Like the white one in Japan?

vertical-stand-for-playstation-vita-tv-335727.5.jpg

Thinking of importing this from Amazon.com to the UK, as it works out at £50 for the standard model, much better than the £80 that everyone is charging here.

Couple of questions, it would come with a US plug right? What adapter would I need, and I'm assuming it would work fine in the UK?

Have they released a black vertical stand for this? Like the white one in Japan?

Be careful of import tax! You could end up paying more

Vashetti

Banned
Nooooo, just tried going through the checkout on Amazon.com and with delivery and import fees, it came to £73.31.

That's killed that then.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Nooooo, just tried going through the checkout on Amazon.com and with delivery and import fees, it came to £73.31.

That's killed that then.

You could roll the dice with play Asia. I got hit by £18 customs charges but you might get lucky.

As far as importing - the power supply is universal 100-240v, but you'll need to replace the mains lead. It's a simple figure of eight cable like the slim PS3 uses - you probably have a spare lying around the house.

And it'll work fine with an EU account. Only thing to factor is that if it is an Asian model, the O/X are swapped in the main OS just like with PS3. Not a big deal really

I'd recommend getting a Dualshock 4 with it though, as you can use the touchpad as front touch which is much easier than clicking sticks etc. also obviously useful for remote play. For me, the touchpad makes it easy enough to use basic touch features that sony should switch to a blacklist rather than a whitelist.

Kolma

So I was looking at this list more carefully...
https://support.us.playstation.com/...d/5376/~/games-compatible-with-playstation-tv
And I notice that both Burnout games and ModNation Racers are on the PSP games compatible with Playstation TV

Now I have Burnout Legends from PSP/PS1 release party on Vita in April (didn't care to dl ModNation cause it's garbage on psp) but I know that these aren't downloadable or transferable on Vita...

Are they really supported by Playstation/Vita TV and not Vita?

Audioboxer

Is there any way to get a pulse headset working with Playstation TV? I thought having a USB slot would allow the adapter from my Pulse headset to work.

Kolma

Is there any way to get a pulse headset working with Playstation TV? I thought having a USB slot would allow the adapter from my Pulse headset to work.
Will Gold Wireless Headset and PULSE wireless stereo headset – Elite Edition work on PS TV at launch in North America? What about other wireless headsets?
PS TV will not support the Gold Wireless Headset, Silver Headset, and Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset – Elite Edition. PS TV generally supports Bluetooth headsets, speakers, and keyboards.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/07/playstation-tv-the-ultimate-faq-2/

Top Bottom