• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The one thing I hate about Driveclub

tanooki27

the thing i most hate is that there's still no PS+ version. what's the holdup chaps? we've crossed the border from laughable to sad.

Dio

Banned
The one thing I hate about Driveclub now, which also has turned my roommate off the game, is the fact that you now slow to a crawl whenever you go off the road just a tiny bit. The whole offroad-is-molasses thing feels so wrong.

Mononoke

Banned
Lol.... I'm one of those people and let me tell you it's some of the nicest graphical effects I've ever seen.

Game's pretty good too. :)

I actually loved the game at launch (offline solo mode). It's a gorgeous game with accessible arcade style gameplay. The weather patch is stunning and really brings it to a new level. Now that the online works, it's a great overall game. Visually I like it more than Horizon 2. I also think I enjoy the tracks more in DriveClub. Horizon has much better customization and a wealth of content though.

Also Horizon 2 is 30 FPS too but it looks much smoother and actually kind of feels 60 FPS (no idea what they did, but it looks amazing).

kyser73

015cee_520951.png

Also Horizon 2 is 30 FPS too but it looks much smoother and actually kind of feels 60 FPS (no idea what they did, but it looks amazing).

Good I'm not the only one who thinks this!

I'm not sure if its clever use of motion blur or something but even though both are locked 30 FH2 definitely feels smoother to me.

Rushy

Love the post, if only all bugs were so trivial.

Anyway this is caused by a scaling issue when you're not outputting in native 1080p.

Be sure that your TV has all 'over-scan' options disabled so you're outputting a full frame, and then go to the PS4 system settings and change the display area so that it's at its maximum size.

Problem solved ;)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

Anyway this is caused by a scaling issue when you're not outputting in native 1080p.

Be sure that your TV has all 'over-scan' options disabled so you're outputting a full frame, and then go to the PS4 system settings and change the display area so that it's at its maximum size.

Problem solved ;)

LOL.

Well done OP. What cheap arse TV solution are you using?

Withnail

Problem solved ;)

Thanks Rushy. That explains why most people have never seen it then.

And so ends another GAF drama.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I never noticed this before and now I will never not notice it.

op is the worst for pointing this out.

This fucking line.

Everything else about the menus and GUI in this game is so pretty and easy to use, so why? Why not a straight line? It sticks out like a broken bone and turns every level-up into a bittersweet moment.

Your tv is ovetscanning. Switch from 16:9 to just scan or whatever your tv uses.

Goddamit I just made a 'double check your aspect ratio thread'

Please refer to it.

fernoca

Problem solved ;)
Again, just in case.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Problem solved ;)

Hahaha, oh man this is good. Always get rid of overscan, kids.

vesvci

Banned
Haha I never noticed it. Kind of weird for that line to be there since DC is the sexiest looking game of current-gen. How was that missed? Lol

Anion

I'm pretty sure I have seen thing like this in a few last gen games too. Haven't paid attention to current gen game menus lol
Good I'm not the only one who thinks this!

I'm not sure if its clever use of motion blur or something but even though both are locked 30 FH2 definitely feels smoother to me.
Physics engine is running at a higher fps

barit

Thanks OP for ruin the game for me. Can´t unseen now

Edit: Rushy already responded. It was OP fault, great so much drama for nothing

viveks86

Problem solved ;)

Ok now I'm laughing. HARD!

Just checked my TV and it looks fine. Back to loving the game ;)

Vaga

Not having this problem when using PC mode on every tv I have, 1:1 pixel mapping ftw. Fix your tv OP.

But the off-road/barriers slowdown is still annoying as hell, hope they get reverted to original settings soon.

CozMick

Banned
OP ain't even playing Driveclub in 1080p, for shame, for shame!

*tut tut tut*

Can you even see the rain droplets in 720p?

ZoyosJD

Someone hates on "The Line."

Antitrop is first to respond.

Rushy points out the problem.

Solution was a thread posted mere days ago.

GAF case 966422 closed.

R_Deckard

This fucking line.

Everything else about the menus and GUI in this game is so pretty and easy to use, so why? Why not a straight line? It sticks out like a broken bone and turns every level-up into a bittersweet moment.

Evo just trying to shake up the Corridor with some curves ;-)

Your TV is set wrong/Non native display

Ricky_R

I imagine haters reading the title and salivating before entering. Buaahaahha.

Edit: So OP has a shitty ass tv? XD

Asd202

Problem solved ;)

LOL Op exposed :p.

Top Bottom