• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mang, long time. Did you enjoy the holidays Mr. Shiro?

No better, no worse than usual. Low key and got some writing done. But I'm back and that means once more into the fray, friends!

That either means:
A) No release date
B) Release Date but it's in 2016

I don't know what's worse...

It's still 2015.

Can you at least give us a clue on which animal themed hat they will reveal next?

If I had my druthers it would be a tiger mask, so I can live out my dreams trying to recreate Tiger Mask. Though I have no idea.

brau

Did you just shoot down our hopes for the 31st? ;_;

sounds about right... this works for me. I am still excited, but i don't need to be anxious about any big reveals or a date yet then.

So what is the next show they can reveal the release date? or will it be just some random day?

No better, no worse than usual. Low key and got some writing done. But I'm back and that means once more into the fray, friends!

New Suikoden
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Skullface

sounds about right... this works for me. I am still excited, but i don't need to be anxious about any big reveals or a date yet then.

So what is the next show they can reveal the release date? or will it be just some random day?

PAX and GDC... PAX East is a good tinfoil hat contender for release date theories. There's a few references to Massachusetts history in Metal Gear, like "The Sons of Liberty" for instance. That whole tanker chapter seemed to be a metaphor of the Boston Tea Party. Also, Nicola and Bart were residents of Billerica, a suburb of Boston.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
So june is looking most likely to be the release date? i was hoping March.. but that is way unrealistic by now.

Taipai Game Show doesnt seem to be that big, so I wouldnt expect a release date just yet. Otherwise they would promote the stage event way more. If we're lucky, there will be new gameplay and short trailer/ teaser

That either means:
A) No release date
B) Release Date but it's in 2016

I don't know what's worse...

Still 2015

The bad news is it's that TPP is fall title and will get announced at e3. At this point that's the sure bet. I'm expecting a sept release to avoid the cods of the world and such.

JayEH

Still 2015

The bad news is it's that TPP is fall title and will get announced at e3. At this point that's the sure bet. I'm expecting a sept release to avoid the cods of the world and such.

But Destiny expansion though... (Not that I'll play it but that's huge competition).

Skullface

It sells.

But is an expansion enough to sell even more copies to the point where it's legitimately competition? I don't think so. I don't think people will sit around trying to decide if they'll purchase an expansion of the game they've played to death or MGSV. I hope not. But what do I know? I'm no sales analyst.

Rajang

Destiny may sell well but it doesn't even compete with MGSV.

MGSV is definitely going to be GOTY and may even be one of the best games ever made.

Started playing Peace Walker for the first time and it seems great. Portable Ops' concepts done right.

Enjoy it. It's a great game, very underrated.

If you need some help with S ranking certain missions, let me know. I'm always in for some Coop (if you're on PS3 that is).

JayEH

But is an expansion enough to sell even more copies to the point where it's legitimately competition? I don't think so. I don't think people will sit around trying to decide if they'll purchase an expansion of the game they've played to death or MGSV. I hope not. But what do I know? I'm no sales analyst.

From the looks of that leak it looks like they're doing another retail release with a new expansion that has some substantial content. There's people that will want to jump in the first time and there's a ton of people still playing that on a daily basis. Going up head to head with that Actvision marketing budget seems like suicide to me.

brau

PAX and GDC... PAX East is a good tinfoil hat contender for release date theories. There's a few references to Massachusetts history in Metal Gear, like "The Sons of Liberty" for instance. That whole tanker chapter seemed to be a metaphor of the Boston Tea Party. Also, Nicola and Bart were residents of Billerica, a suburb of Boston.

I should go to PAX east then... they had a sale on tickets if i was not mistaken. 3 hr drive from here.

Will Kojima be there potentially?

-Deimos

Destiny is a pretty generic shooter while MGS is sort of a niche game. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the expansion sales match MGSV sales.

Vally

I just found out that Peace Walker HD supports custom soundtracks, I wish I had known about it sooner. I'll put it to good use when I try to S rank the tanks/helicopters missions

Started playing Peace Walker for the first time and it seems great. Portable Ops' concepts done right.

Enjoy it! I'm also down for some co-op if you ever need help

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
It sells.

It did sell well to be fair. But most people I know either traded it in after a few days or used the cd as a drip mat. I just can't see this
generic, repetitive and meaningless
shooter in any kind of competition against MGS V.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Tora pls. Kojima will give a 1 hour presentation and official Metal Gear Asia facebook said this:

2015-01-1414_22_58-mee3uz4.png

There gotta be something good.

Edit: Oh just saw your last post.

brau

Sometimes we provide sacrifice bunts and singles, but some folks always assume grand slams. (Not talking about Taipei.)

I get it Tora. I think everyone is just eager to know when MGS comes out. You know... so we can go ahead and take off that whole week of work and send the family away on vacation. :D

Skullface

I should go to PAX east then... they had a sale on tickets if i was not mistaken. 3 hr drive from here.

Will Kojima be there potentially?

I believe tickets are sold out unfortunately, but there's always craigslist. 3 hour drive, huh? Massfriend? New Englandfriend? New Yorkfriend? Unfortunately there's no official word on the schedule last I checked...

Sometimes we provide sacrifice bunts and singles, but some folks always assume grand slams. (Not talking about Taipei.)

So there is some hope for a grand slam?
yukari__s_smug_face__by_chioi_tempest-d4c3efu.jpg

brau

I believe tickets are sold out unfortunately, but there's always craigslist. 3 hour drive, huh? Massfriend? New Englandfriend? New Yorkfriend? Unfortunately there's no official word on the schedule last I checked...

Albany area in up state New York, and i got a couple of tickets already. Good thing work had some in case people wanted to go. Woots.

People going to this? we can do a meet up. Talk MGS related things... if we see Kojima, we can harrass him for a release date.

Skullface

Albany area in up state New York, and i got a couple of tickets already. Good thing work had some in case people wanted to go. Woots.

People going to this? we can do a meet up. Talk MGS related things... if we see Kojima, we can harrass him for a release date.

I'm still up in the air about whether or not I'm going. I'm happy to recommend stores, bars and eateries in and out of the city either way.

I get it Tora. I think everyone is just eager to know when MGS comes out. You know... so we can go ahead and take off that whole week of work and send the family away on vacation. :D

Trust me, it's only compounded by how much I want that info out, as well-- so we can get to talking about more fun parts of the game. It seems we're all just really hinging on that release date.

Skullface

Trust me, it's only compounded by how much I want that info out, as well-- so we can get to talking about more fun parts of the game. It seems we're all just really hinging on that release date.

Indeed. It doesn't help that it's an unbelievably gorgeous game.

Batzi

Banned
I wonder what we'll be discussing once the release date is announced.

based on the purported size and scope of the game, it's just pure worry and anxiety over when the game will come out. Are you guys really close to being done? is it going to get delayed like mgs4? are they going to have to cut content to make a release date?

all of these worries will just melt away if we get a set date and we can just ride the hype train to release.

Skullface

I didn't even think of saving some holiday to take off.

The release window of this game will dictate whether or not I take the summer off from school.

based on the purported size and scope of the game, it's just pure worry and anxiety over when the game will come out. Are you guys really close to being done? is it going to get delayed like mgs4? are they going to have to cut content to make a release date?

all of these worries will just melt away if we get a set date and we can just ride the hype train to release.

This pretty much summarizes my fears and anxiety as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom