• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newgen console owners: How often doyou still play your Ps3/360 if you still have it?

SSReborn

The last game I really put time into was persona 4 Ultimax but that really died down because it was on PS3 and it isn't really the optimal system for me go game on nowadays.

i have 50+ game big backlog on ps3. so im still playing that alot more than ps4.
played (and beat) like 3 games on ps4, waiting for more games im interested in to come out

I just upgraded my PC to play newer games no problem, so I'm counting myself here. My PS3 does get used since there are still a lot of games I want to get through.

Like never. I honestly can't remember the last time I turned on either. I think maybe the PS3 a couple months ago to test if my internet was out on all devices. At this point, I only have my 360 because it's hard to let go of my Rock Band stuff/library and there's really zero reason to hold on to my PS3 now that Valkyria Chronicles is on PC. I'd sell it, but I'm too lazy to put it up on eBay or anything.

Wagram

I bought my PS4 and downloaded Plants vs Zombies. I haven't touched it since. My Wii U lays unopened in my closet. I have a significant amount of backlog PS3/Vita titles i'm trying to work through.

Squozen

It's gotten to the point that I've stopped downloading the PS3 PS+ games because I know I won't bother playing them. I'd sell the console if my girlfriend didn't like singstar and have a collection of songs on the PS3 that she can't redownload on the ps4 yet.

KTO

I plugged in my ps3 to play KH 2.5 and mirrors edge when it was free. Other than that, it was unplugged since i got my ps4 in september and when I'm done playing kingdom hearts it probably wont be plugged in again for a long time.

Thanks to last-gen backlogs, I play them all pretty equally. It's not uncommon for me to play a different console or the PC every night of the week. I keep all 5 consoles + PC hooked up to my main TV at all times thanks to my receiver and a single auto-sensing HDMI switch.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Our PS3 is next to the PS4 and gets at least equal use. Gran Turismo 6, FF X/X2 and Kingdom Hearts collections, Ultimax, and several other major games are currently in rotation.

Plus there's a nice stack of RPGs saved for rainy day to go through.

Dysun

I'm not sure I've turned my PS3 on to do anything but download PS Plus games since the PS4 came out.

My 360 is still sitting in a pile of dust with Bayonetta on top, the last backlogged game

Gray Matter

I haven't used my PS3 to play a game in months. It's just a Netflix machine now.

Probably when I re-sub to PS+ I'll use it to play games again.

Hypron

I've owned a Wii U for a year and 4 months and a PS4 for 2 months.

I still play my 360 quite often - over the last year I played Resident Evil 4 HD (25 hours), GoW 3 (10 hours), Dark Souls 2 (120 hours) and the only thing I've played for the past three weeks is the DMC HD collection (70 hours at least).

This is way more than what I've played on Wii U (maybe 60 hours in total split between Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart 8) and PS4 (20 hours on TLoU remastered and Legend of Korra). This will change next year though, I don't have any other 360 game I want to play (I might just play a bit more DMC3), whereas there are lots of PS4 games I want to get, starting with Bloodborne and The Witcher 3.

Cyrus_Saren

Recently been in a Metal Gear mood so I've been playing Ground Zeroes and going through the missions I haven't completed yet. I also recently hooked the 360 back up since my girlfriend wanted to start Borderlands 2 back up. Otherwise, after I got my One, I hadn't been on either the 360 or PS3 for about a month and a half.

Last game I played on 360: Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
Last game I played on PS3: Deception IV

I did turn on my 360 just the other day to see if there was anything worth grabbing during their sale (there wasn't). For PS+ stuff, I just add it to my cart so I have it just in case I'll ever want to play something, but I haven't even turned it on since about a week after Deception came out.

MikeyB

I turn it on and play it exclusively in spurts. When PS Plus games I like come out, when I feel like revisiting Bitterblack Isle, or when I decide to tackle something from my backlog. When I do that, I play it exclusively for 3-4 weeks.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Ditched both as I don't collect or replay games

Just bought Yakuza 4 off psn.

As a way of forcing myself to play on Ps3 Again.
Also have to finish Atelier Escha and Logy, pretty sure i got to the last task, but then i got a ps4 and never turned my ps3 back on

Schryver

Recently got my PS3 so I will be playing it all year unless I am playing the new PS4 releases like Bloodborne and The Order or a Vita game

MidEvlDed

It's been months since I've turned on my PS3. Last time I used it was back in August I believe. But I do still have some backlog games so I still have it plugged in along with the PS4 since I have room for it. I still plan on getting some use out of the PS3 and I'll keep it anyway so no sense in trying to get rid of it, for me anyway.

I bought Lollipop Chainsaw in early december and played through 4/5 areas, I would also be interested in God of War Ascension and maybe Beyond: Two Souls... my problem is, that it's really hard to go back to that PS3 controller, which I despise at the moment because of how unround it is and how the triggers feel (and the weight is terrible too). I really liked it when I first got my PS3, maybe even more than the Xbox 360 Controller.

I think I'd go back to last gen more often, if I hadn't sold my Xbox 360 a while ago, the 360 controller still feels very nice in my opinion.

RetroMG

PS4 and new Xbone owner here. I still play my PS3 periodically. My wife and I are slowly working our way through Kingdom Hearts 2.5. My 360 hasn't been turned on in months, though. I almost sold it to buy my Xbone, but I decided I might still want it sometime.

Not at all. 360 is packed away and PS3 is used only for Blu-ray at the moment.

However, I was thinking of getting South Park: Stick of Truth for PS3 so it might get some use after all.

how do you like it in comparison to yakuza 3?

Never played Yakuza 3

I was looking for the disc awhile back but no stores had it in stock
(For some reason i didnt think of amazon or ebay)

Yakuza 4 is pretty decent tho. The difficulty on norrnal sucks tho, its way too easy

Andrain18

Banned
Sold my 360 and left my PS3 back home when I koved. Play my PS4 and Xbone all the time, I literally only miss 3 games: Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear solid 4 and The Mass Effect trillogy. Other than that I'm good. Bring those 4 to pc in a correct man or with all DLC or next gen and let's go.

redsoundwaves

Neo Member
I just played through all of Metal Gear Solid 4 for the first time. I don't really focus on the new console being there, I just play what sounds interesting no matter the system.

kewlmyc

Yes, I still have to play Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5, the Metal Gear Solid Collection, MGS 4, and Tales of Zestiria before I even consider unplugging it.

rapid32.5

use PS4 for Remasters which is sad. this gen is not giving anything worth to own these new consoles for, play mostly PS360 games.

hao chi

I just have a Wii U so far, but I play my PS3 quite a bit because that's where most of the fighting games I play are, plus I have some other PS3 games I'm playing through or plan to in the future. I specifically only play my Wii for games that require a mod (Fatal Frame IV and Project M), but I've been playing some Wii games on my Wii U recently.

I've been ignoring my 360 quite a bit over the past few years outside of the occasional game or Bayonetta session (which I now have on Wii U). I have some games I've barely touched (if at all) that I do want to play though (particularly Dragon Age: Origins).

Top Bottom