• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA bringing over a star from the east!

Verve

• Eduardo the Samurai Toaster, developed and published by Semnat Studios LLC: Fight your way through 13 diverse locations on your own or with up to three friends in this frenetic and stylish side-scrolling action game. Play as Eduardo and his fellow toaster buddies as you fire an assortment of pastries at all kinds of dastardly food products. Hop onto laser-mounted scooters and fly across the screen in rocket packs, and learn to cooperate with your teammates or simply annoy each other in an awesomely fun way by throwing each other around the screen. The choice is up to you.

a samurai toaster. of course.

GCX

I wonder how the people at Monster Games feel that EXCITEBots is coming out in less than 2 months and Nintendo hasn't even mentioned the game until today.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
GCX said:
I wonder how the people at Monster Games feel that ExciteBots is coming out in less than 2 months and Nintendo hasn't even mentioned the game until today.

Wait until you see the pics. ;) Clown face... it's all I'll say at this point.

This game isn't hardcore in visuals... very lighthearted.

Haunted

GCX said:
I wonder how the people at Monster Games feel that EXCITEBots is coming out in less than 2 months and Nintendo hasn't even mentioned the game until today.
Probably eyeing Evolution Studios jealously. The Motorstorm games had 13 months of hype-building between announcement and release. With spiffy CG trailers and everything.

ivysaur12

Banned
The thing about this that I'm *really* excited about is that the Starfy game is 3 years old. It gives me hope for other games that were released afterward that NOA has yet to localize.

Haunted said:
Probably eyeing Evolution Studios jealously. The Motorstorm games had 13 months of hype-building between announcement and release. With spiffy CG trailers and everything.
Nintendo and marketing for gamers = always a risk. :p

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
On second thought, this release list, if actually fully representing Nintendo's Wii lineup through May, is horrid and does absolutely nothing to change my current opinion of NoA.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Ooh, Roogoo DS. Might want.

I hope Roogoo fares better on Nintendo platforms than it did on XBLA. Very underrated and inventive puzzle game.

ivysaur12 said:
The thing about this that I'm *really* excited about is that the Starfy game is 3 years old. It gives me hope for other games that were released afterward that NOA has yet to localize.
It can't be that one, it must be the one released July 2008:
Densetsu no Starfy: Taiketsu! Dire Kaizokudan

If its the 2006 one, lol, but it can't be...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
JonathanEx said:
Is ASH actually ever coming out?

It was rated by the ESRB. I'm sure it's sitting, fully translated, in limbo on an NOA shelf, never to see the light of day. Kind of like Earthbound 0.

pakkit

Banned
El_TigroX said:

:(

It could still be awesome, but that's a disappointment.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Segata Sanshiro said:
Ah, you're defending this stuff. Cute. You really are the N-Squad's answer to a question no one ever asked, aren't you?

gcownedft0.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
It can't be that one, it must be the one released July 2008:
Densetsu no Starfy: Taiketsu! Dire Kaizokudan

If its the 2006 one, lol, but it can't be...

Ahh crap, there was a 5th one of these things wasn't there :lol

Nothing to see, move on.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Starfy is a baby game, where the fuck is Card Hero, where the fuck is Soma Bringer, where the fuck is Mother 3, where the fuck is Disaster, where the fuck is Fatal Frame, where the fuck is Trace Memory 2, where the fuck are all the VC games, where the fuck is my storage solution that was promised?
This. Fucking this. >:\

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
El_TigroX said:

Where are the pics?

I can't see Mother 3 ever coming out here. One reason is Nintendo looks to be moving to the DSi and there's no GBA slot on that system. If it had been released on the DS there would probably be a much better chance of it coming out.

GC|Simon

handofg0d said:
From the Press Release regarding Excitebots

Minigames? My years as a Nintendo fan are over, if Nintendo screwed up a Monster Games title that was in development for over two years...

Proven

_dementia said:
oh starfy why did you even come here

Favorite line so far. Aww, Smash Dojo...

I have to get this game though, I yell enough "OMG IT'S STARFY EVERYONE SAY HI TO STARFY!" every single time he comes out as an assist that actually buying a game, then pausing every Brawl match to show it off for no reason will finally push my friends over the edge of killing me in my sleep.

And I'll still laugh until tears come out. I've never touched you, but how I love you, Starfy.

The card game fan in me cries out for Card Hero though. I'm still struggling to stay away from TCGs, so help me deal with one addiction with another addiction Nintendo!

Oh, and EXCITE!

bryehn

That Punch-Out! box is horrendous.

Not exactly the best lineup, but I'll check out Excite and Punch-Out! No interest in Starfy at all, I've never enjoyed those games. Guess no RPGs till after the summer...

Davidion

I'm so excited for Excite it's not even funny. Seriously, one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had in years.

kottila

Davidion said:
I'm so excited for Excite it's not even funny. Seriously, one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had in years.

Don't get too EXCITED. Sounds like a wagglefest with minigames.

lets everyone in the family use the Wii Wheel™ accessory in unique and changing environments, play fun minigames and perform crazy tricks in a game that builds on the Excitebike™ and Excite Truck™ franchises.

Andrex said:
Where the fuck were the strong Euro sales that was supposed to convince them? Game bombed everywhere.

NCL and NoE have nobody to blame but themselves. Especially NCL.

Andrex said:
Same as above.
Trace Memory is a Nintendo IP. Why would it be released by another company?

Davidion

botticus said:
I actually thought the complete opposite.

And I thought the opposite as you did! nyuk

The color palette is very nice, as are the supporting cast. But I think lil' Mac's placement is real ugly and awkward looking, throwing the rest of the box off.

I would have loved to see, for instance, a mid-super punch knockout of Hippo or something...something with more energy and gives a flashback to the good ol' days of the original.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Starfy is a baby game, where the fuck is Card Hero, where the fuck is Soma Bringer, where the fuck is Mother 3, where the fuck is Disaster, where the fuck is Fatal Frame, where the fuck is Trace Memory 2, where the fuck are all the VC games, where the fuck is my storage solution that was promised?

I was liking what I was reading in terms of releases and what not then I saw your post. Man...I really don't want to start importing Wii games but if it comes to it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jaded Alyx said:
What makes it sound like a "wagglefest"?

Well I'll be hyped for a new Excite... but...

Excitebots™: Trick Racing has elements that make it one of the more unique racing games on the market. It launches April 20 and lets everyone in the family use the Wii Wheel™ accessory in unique and changing environments, play fun minigames and perform crazy tricks in a game that builds on the Excitebike™ and Excite Truck™ franchises.

Can't believe anyone thinks it would be a huge ordeal to port Mother 3 to the DS. Throw in some DS-exclusive benefits, re-release it in Japan, and boom there ya go.

Course watch then that the possible DS remake won't come to the US/Europe either. :lol

Oh wait screw Europe. They still have Tingle and we don't.

farnham

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Can't believe anyone thinks it would be a huge ordeal to port Mother 3 to the DS. Throw in some DS-exclusive benefits, re-release it in Japan, and boom there ya go.

Course watch then that the possible DS remake won't come to the US/Europe either. :lol

Oh wait screw Europe. They still have Tingle and we don't.
Mother Collection

a repackage of Mother I + II and Mother III...

Wouldnt be the first RPG series to do it (PS I , II and III on GBA)

Top Bottom