• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

『Inaba Resident』;149677472 said:
I don't know (haven't played it) but I imagine thats why people like the game.
Because of the gameplay.
Not the graphics which you seem to only care about for whatever reason.

I have a really limited amount of time to play games. So I have to pick and choose. So I usually wind up choosing a type of game with a look and feel i havent tried before. For instance I'll never play more than one open world game a year (i played GTA V this year and skipped far cry 4, dragon age etc etc). This is a type of game (at least based on graphics look and feel) that I've played many times before, ive done all of the castlevania games. Thats why I'm hesistant.

I've also never played bastion, i had to choose between transistor and bastion and i went with the former.

I have a really limited amount of time to play games. So I have to pick and choose. So I usually wind up choosing a type of game with a look and feel i havent tried before. For instance I'll never play more than one open world game a year (i played GTA V this year and skipped far cry 4, dragon age etc etc). This is a type of game (at least based on graphics look and feel) that I've played many times before, ive done all of the castlevania games. Thats why I'm hesistant.

I've also never played bastion, i had to choose between transistor and bastion and i went with the former.

The only thing it has in common with Castlevania is that you run jump and hit enemies on a 2D plane.

axolege

Neo Member

Really you don't have an hour or two to try Rouge Legacy?

I'm sorry but I don't understand your drastic line of thinking. Yes, GTA V, Far Cry 4, and Dragon Age, are more or less open world. However, they're completely different gameplay wise so I'm not sure why you pair them up as such. You seem to think that if two games have one thing in common, it means that they are completely the same.

Briarios

You know, I'm done with all the PS+ crap -- how can they justify releasing for free to other people a game I chose to purchase? And, they think they can make up for that by also giving me a release date game for free? They're nuts if they think I'll continue to pay for a $50 subscription when I only want maybe 12 of the 24 PS4 games they give away each year. I mean, yeah, I own a PS3 and Vita, so it's possible I could get up to 6 games every month ...but ... Righteous indignation!!!

/s ... that's how you indicate sarcasm, right?

Yeah, I bought transistor when it was on sale, and Rogue Legacy ... And, of course I already have Yakuza 4 - but, I'm thrilled with this line-up. Good mix of games, and I know my nephew who can't afford as many games will love the heck out of a bunch of them. So, I'm all good knowing other people will be able to enjoy some of the great stuff I've played.

dcelw540

You know, I'm done with all the PS+ crap -- how can they justify releasing for free to other people a game I chose to purchase? And, they think they can make up for that by also giving me a release date game for free? They're nuts if they think I'll continue to pay for a $50 subscription when I only want maybe 12 of the 24 PS4 games they give away each year. I mean, yeah, I own a PS3 and Vita, so it's possible I could get up to 6 games every month ...but ... Righteous indignation!!!

/s ... that's how you indicate sarcasm, right?

Yeah, I bought transistor when it was on sale, and Rogue Legacy ... And, of course I already have Yakuza 4 - but, I'm thrilled with this line-up. Good mix of games, and I know my nephew who can't afford as many games will love the heck out of a bunch of them. So, I'm all good knowing other people will be able to enjoy some of the great stuff I've played.
well think of it as you have transistor forever and if anything ever happens with your subscription you can still play it.

『Inaba Resident』;149679053 said:
I'm sorry but I don't understand your drastic line of thinking. Yes, GTA V, Far Cry 4, and Dragon Age, are more or less open world. However, they're completely different gameplay wise so I'm not sure why you pair them up as such. You seem to think that if two games have one thing in common, it means that its completely the same.

Read again, i dont have time to play games. If you had to choose your games wisely you wouldn't buy dragon age, gta v, and far cry only and ignore the other genres. I cant play a lot but when i do i like to mix it up so i have something from every genre.

If you think its drastic then you clearly don't have a professional career and have no concept of time.

krpiper

Read again, i dont have time to play games. If you had to choose your games wisely you wouldn't buy dragon age, gta v, and far cry only and ignore the other genres. I cant play a lot but when i do i like to mix it up so i have something from every genre.

If you think its drastic then you clearly don't have a professional career and have no concept of time.

But Dragon age and GTAV are two different genres?

I understand that you don't have a lot of time. What doesn't make sense to me is your categorization to decide what you'll play.
You put GTA, Far Cry and Dragon Age in the same category as being open world and therefore, you only pick 1 of the 3 to play. That just doesn't make sense to me when one is a TPS, FPS, and an RPG.
Even with Rogue Legacy, you see that its 2D and has "retro style" graphics and decide that its the same as every 2D game you've played.
Just doesn't make sense to me.

LOL

Are you serious with that?

Roto13

Impressive that they managed to release Thief as a PS3 game and still managed to have a good PS3 lineup. Always meant to buy Yakuza 4. And Transistor. And I have Rogue Legacy, but not on the account that's on my Vita so that is nice too.

Interested in trying Apotheon for the graphics. No idea what Kick & Fennick is.

Seems like a decent month. Yakuza 4 looks good and Rogue Legacy is apparently good as well. I already own Transistor but I think it is without doubt one of the best PS Plus games ever and certainly the best on PS4.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Cool, Transistor, heard good things about it and the Greek art game looks interesting too. I wish Thief was the PS4 version though, I'd play it for a bit just for the eye candy before uninstalling it xD.
Rouge Legacy
Rouge Legacy
Rouge Legacy
Homer+&+Bart1.gif

LOL

Koh

For the first time in a long time i won't be downloading every game available. I'm going to skip on thief because not only does it sound like a poor example of a genre I'm not enthused with, but they also cheaped out and provided the last gen version. I did the same thing with the NBA game a while back.

I'd rather sony keep their money and use it on something of value.

With that said, what a freaking awesome month!

But "open world" is not a genre. Dragon Age is an RPG, GTA is an action game, and FC is a FPS. I don't know what you're trying to prove there, but you're doing it wrong, buddy.

Do you? People can be busy and successful without having that. You show no proper education with a disrespectful attitude like this.

If you don't like the current PS+ offerings, remember you can unsubscribe.

grimmiq

Great month for me. Have Rogue Legacy on PC and already played Thief on PS4, but I was tempted to buy Yakuza 4 yesterday, have been interested in Transistor for a while and Apotheon looks good.

desu

Was planning on buying Transistor so this is pretty awesome for me. The games look good as well (would never though Thief though xD).

rezn0r

Yet again another month with games I have already bought and not even played, one of them on two platforms even. I am so fucking stupid and need to lay off the random sales.

This isn't me complaining about the selection, I think it's a great month & I am a BIG fan of PSN+, this is just me telling the world I'm a fucking idiot. I guess I shouldn't be mad at supporting certain devs at least.

piccolo85

I think it is a great month but I also think Sony is not doing indie developers a favor. Personally I love indie games and in the past usually bought 1-2 indie games a month just out of curiosity. This has completely stopped because Sony throws at least 24 indie games in my face each year, and thats on PS4 alone... Now I am not complaining, I get loads of games! But I think that I am not alone with this and I think that this may become an issue for indie developers in the long run.

Apotheon looks fun
I hope the platforming and combat isn't to hard. I hate trial and error and games that are too hard

Rogue Legacy is also pretty cool
I already played it with friends. I know it's hard too but you always have some progress by leveling up and stuff

The PS3 games are great. I'm sure I'll check out Yakuza. Never played a game from the series.

Zaptres

Neo Member
Hi, got a little problem redeeming an offer I got for PS+ a few months ago. Got an email from PS witch a voucher for a 15% discount for a year of PS+. With the games of this month and the next I'd like to subscribe again, but it doesn't show a discounted price even though I still could redeem the offer.
Anything I might've done wrong?

Edit: all good, looked again 10 minutes later and it's showing now :)

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I am installing a 2tb drive today because even though I am mostly physical, the digital sales and PS+ stuff is really too much. Now I will be able to breathe again. Not looking forward to re downloading everything though.

Can't wait to try out Transistor.

Japan's PS+ game lineup for February, available from February 4 to March 3 except for Luftrausers

PS4:
Akiba's Trip 2
SteamWorld Dig
Strider

PS3:
Clannad
EX Troopers
Luftrausers, available from February 19 to March 18
Raiden IV Overkill

Vita:
Luftrausers, available from February 19 to March 18
Rayman Legends
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
SteamWorld Dig
Tearaway

update after getting help:
There is mention of Terraria PS4 version, but it's a PS+ exclusive demo with rights to a free theme.

Top Bottom