• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

So I'm trying to box off everything to do in X before moving on to Saphire.

I can't seem to find Moltres. I have done everything in the game now except catch this thing and the Pokemon who is at the bottom of that cave (I forget it's name).

I read that Moltres should appear in any bush after beating the elite four. 50 encounters later and nope. ?

What gives?

Try using a max repel with a higher level pokemon (not higher than 70 though) at the front of your party when looking for it. If you do that then it should be the only pokemon you run into.

This thread is kind of dead but I'll ask my question here.

Does anyone have a (preferably female) Feebas with a Prism scale on it they would be willing to trade to me? I don't care about what level the pokemon is I would just like to get a Milotic. PM me if you are interested.

Anyone still playing? I need help evolving my Karrablast. So if anyone wants to trade real quick, it would be much appreciated.

ign is BUZZ, friend code is in my profile.

jnWake

I recently bought this game but I'm confused as to what thread I should use for discussion haha.

I just beat the Champion and opened the post game. I'd like to try the Friend Safari but I have no friends ;_; Is there a list or something to add GAF people?

Seil

I recently bought this game but I'm confused as to what thread I should use for discussion haha.

I just beat the Champion and opened the post game. I'd like to try the Friend Safari but I have no friends ;_; Is there a list or something to add GAF people?

As far as discussion goes, you may be better off in the ORAS thread seeing as it's by far the more active of the two and the games are still able to interact.

As for Friend Safari, I believe we had something like that at launch but I doubt it's been maintained sadly. And using Friend Safari to its fullest requires that the two players be online in-game at the same time at least once to unlock their third Pokemon. If you're available, I'd be more than happy to jump on X for you and also check out what your safari contains.

https://www.reddit.com/r/friendsafari is quite useful for actively participating in Friend Safari stuff, as well. I used it extensively while hunting for hidden abilities when I was playing XY and it still seems decently active.

jnWake

As far as discussion goes, you may be better off in the ORAS thread seeing as it's by far the more active of the two and the games are still able to interact.

As for Friend Safari, I believe we had something like that at launch but I doubt it's been maintained sadly. And using Friend Safari to its fullest requires that the two players be online in-game at the same time at least once to unlock their third Pokemon. If you're available, I'd be more than happy to jump on X for you and also check out what your safari contains.

https://www.reddit.com/r/friendsafari is quite useful for actively participating in Friend Safari stuff, as well. I used it extensively while hunting for hidden abilities when I was playing XY and it still seems decently active.
That'd be awesome... How exactly do I share my code? I'm such a noob haha.

Seil

That'd be awesome... How exactly do I share my code? I'm such a noob haha.

Grab your Friend Code from the friend list section of the 3DS then we add each other. My FC is 2878-9608-8408.

Once we've both added each other, we just connect online via the PSS in-game and we'll have full access to each other's friend safari.

jnWake

Grab your Friend Code from the friend list section of the 3DS then we add each other. My FC is 2878-9608-8408.

Once we've both added each other, we just connect online via the PSS in-game and we'll have full access to each other's friend safari.

Mine is 4356-3015-6154. Already added you so you'll have the honor of being my first 3DS friend lol.

Seil

Mine is 4356-3015-6154. Already added you so you'll have the honor of being my first 3DS friend lol.

Added. You have a Rock type safari, will figure out what's in it once we've connected online. Mine's Ghost type with Lampent, Phantump and Dusclops, btw.

Edit: You've got Dwebble, Rhydon, and Magcargo

Raven77

Okay so i've been playing through this again and i'm kind of confused about which pokemon can be caught and which can't and have to be traded in from other Pokemon games (as in previous gen, not x vs y). Does someone know of a list that shows which pokemon you have to catch in other older games and then transfer in via the cloud share thing?

I'm also wondering, if I wanted to pick up one of the older games to try and catch a bunch of stuff that isn't in XY, is there one particular game that has most of them available or would I need to buy and play a 2-3 or more of the older games to do it?

Hegarol

Okay so i've been playing through this again and i'm kind of confused about which pokemon can be caught and which can't and have to be traded in from other Pokemon games (as in previous gen, not x vs y). Does someone know of a list that shows which pokemon you have to catch in other older games and then transfer in via the cloud share thing?

I'm also wondering, if I wanted to pick up one of the older games to try and catch a bunch of stuff that isn't in XY, is there one particular game that has most of them available or would I need to buy and play a 2-3 or more of the older games to do it?
http://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml

Better buy OR or AS, that should cover you with everything except Mythicals.

Lgndryhr

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Pokemon Crystal Version and was looking to get back into the series. I am really excited about the re-release of the original three (Blue, Red, and Yellow) on 3DS. Do either of these titles allow an easy return? Is there a version that is recommended over the other?

JoeM86

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Pokemon Crystal Version and was looking to get back into the series. I am really excited about the re-release of the original three (Blue, Red, and Yellow) on 3DS. Do either of these titles allow an easy return? Is there a version that is recommended over the other?

X & Y are a perfect jumping in point for returning players :) No recommended version, all depends on which Pokémon interests you more.

Lgndryhr

That is great to hear! I pulled out my old games after hearing the announcement of the originals coming to 3DS. There have been quite a few releases since Crystal it seems too. Is there any point getting any previous titles except for collector reasons (i.e., Platnium, SoulSilver, etc)?

JoeM86

That is great to hear! I pulled out my old games after hearing the announcement of the originals coming to 3DS. There have been quite a few releases since Crystal it seems too. Is there any point getting any previous titles except for collector reasons (i.e., Platnium, SoulSilver, etc)?

Well maybe to experience the different stories.

Misterhbk

I can send one your way, yeah. My FC is in my profile.

Thank you!! I'm currently with my girlfriends family about an hours drive from home but I'll add you as soon as I get back to my 3DS. After that we can trade whenever a good time for you is. Thanks again!

Seil

Thank you!! I'm currently with my girlfriends family about an hours drive from home but I'll add you as soon as I get back to my 3DS. After that we can trade whenever a good time for you is. Thanks again!

No problem, I should be available whenever for the next few hours. Just shoot me a PM and I'll try to keep an eye out.

Have a pretty interesting run with Pokemon y - borrowed a friends 3d's and his copy last year for a long haul flight - got another long haul flight coming up so got my own 3ds and turns out my friend hasn't touched my Pokemon save game so I can continue!

Feels awesome to pick it back up where I left off - but now that I have my own 3ds I need friends! I'm hoping to spam o moves on people and have people to open up friend safaris which I know are a thing.

If anyone doesn't mind helping out my friends code is: 0619-7319-3014

I'm only on the 4th badge but with time am also up for battling people. How does that work on wifi? I imagine that losing a online Pokemon battle doesn't have ramifications on the single player game?

Hegarol

Probably the best to post this in the ORAS thread again as thats the active thread right now. All Gen VI games are compatible :)

So guys is there anything to do once I become the league champ? I want to find Mewtwo and the other Pokemon, but aside form battling friends, is there more to the story to carry on? Or at this point am I just getting them to trade them to the next game?

If you live in US/Canada, there is going to gamestop/ebgames and picking up a serial code to download Mew into your game. You only have 2 more weeks.

Kinsei

Banned
How do I catch a mantyke? Just wasted an ultra, net, some timer, luxury, and all of my great balls before it killed itself.

The Mantyke family has a really low catch rate (only 3.3%). Your best bet is to get it into the red, put it to sleep, and keep throwing dive, net, and ultra balls.

Top Bottom