• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Share Play thread | Share playable PS4 game streams to your friends

winstano

My friend and I were testing Share Play - it works very well - but something weird happened. His PS4 - the one without the game (Alien Isolation) in the drive - started downloading a patch for it. Obviously, it can't patch a game that's not present.

I see there's been a post or two on this...has Sony said anything? Hopefully it's a mistake and will be fixed.

It links games to your profile by the looks of it, I started downloading a Fifa 15 patch. I'm guessing trophies will be disabled until you purchase the game as well (I earned one but it didn't show in my list)

DevilFox

So.. Activision doesn't allow it? I heard EA has blocked this feauture for FIFA 15 as well.
I guess it's just a matter of time with Konami and PES.
Not bad. Remind me again what the hell Microsoft wanted to do, please? -_-

vercity82

Anybody started making a list of what don't work since yesterday ive found out the following do not wanna work.

The Walking Dead Season two (EU)
FIFA 15 (EU)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 (EU)
UFC (EU)

KalBalboa

Banned
This feature is stupidly neat. Just got to play Dragon Age thanks to a friend who has a copy. Watched him demo the game for about half an hour before trying myself.

He then played some cooperative with me in PixelJunk Shooter through it. Nuts.

Robso

Does PES 2015 work for anybody?

Worked for me and a friend in the UK.

Anybody started making a list of what don't work since yesterday ive found out the following do not wanna work.

The Walking Dead Season two (EU)
FIFA 15 (EU)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 (EU)
UFC (EU)

Advanced Warfare doesn't work in any region I don't think. Sports Friends doesn't work in the EU, but it does in the US. If both users sign into a US account then it can be played via Shareplay.

Alpende

I can't get it to work. I have a 15Mbps download and 7.7 upload, my brother has 10.something donwload and 5.7 or so upload yet it keeps saying 'the internet connection is too slow'.

Is it because we're on the same routers it just doesn't work or is it something else? I tried share playing my game and my brother tried it with his game but it just didn't work. We both have PS+

Solutions?

Had my first share play experience a few days ago.
I let a friend play a GTA mission, worked very well.
After that we tried FIFA15.
He owns it, I don't.
We played against each other, also worked very well.
Another great thing was that a mutual friend of ours is actually playable in FIFA, he plays for a turkish team. He scored a goal with him and recorded it via the share button.

Cool experience all around.

Share Playing to the other PS4 on my house works great. I shared with my friend who lives in another town nearish to me and he said it looked and played fine but he kept losing connection after a few minutes, I don't know what we did wrong.

Can someone explain how the "Share play session" works?
I heard there's a 1 hour limit to it.

Say, if I'm playing Fifa or NHL with a friend, will the game disconnect/cut off automatically after an hour?
Or, do I have to close and create a new Share Play session after we finished each time to restart the clock?

DieH@rd

Banned
Can someone explain how the "Share play session" works?
I heard there's a 1 hour limit to it.

Say, if I'm playing Fifa or NHL with a friend, will the game disconnect/cut off automatically after an hour?
Or, do I have to close and create a new Share Play session after we finished each time to restart the clock?

Yes, you need to manually create new 1hr session with few clicks. You can do that how many times you want, there are no limits.

Looking for some help that may have been answered somewhere already.

My brother and I tried share play last night and we got mixed results. Both of us are on 10 down, 4 up. He can connect to my PS4 and play just fine. When I try to connect to his I get an error message that says "Cannot join Share Play because the connection speed is too low"

What do?

Edit: I should also add when he was playing my PS4, parts of the screen were cut off. Some of the HUD in GTA and Infamous were going off the screen.

ksdixon

Can we get a list in the OP of games which DO NOT support SharePlay?

Had a blast playing a selection of games with a friend the other night over SharePlay. It's really a great thing.

ksdixon

Looking for some help that may have been answered somewhere already.

My brother and I tried share play last night and we got mixed results. Both of us are on 10 down, 4 up. He can connect to my PS4 and play just fine. When I try to connect to his I get an error message that says "Cannot join Share Play because the connection speed is too low"

What do?

Upgrade your internet service. I got that all the time on ADSL, now that I've switched to 50M Fibre Optic SharePlay works just fine. My old internet wasn't good enough to do SharePlay, even when it was set to 'standard' quality instead of 'high'.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Bumping this to ask what games support Share Play and what do not.

I am interested in Dying Light share play if it exists, but could not find the answer in the internet of things.

Lrrr

Bumping this to ask what games support Share Play and what do not.

I am interested in Dying Light share play if it exists, but could not find the answer in the internet of things.

According to this Gamespot article from Nov. 7, there are 14 games that block Share Play.

• Another World
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Child of Light
  • Hotline Miami
  • Metro Redux
  • Minecraft
  • PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
  • Rayman Legends
  • SteamWorld Dig
  • Thief
  • Tomb Raider
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order

According to this reddit thread here, Dying Light does work with Share Play, but if you're in the EU, there may be some problems.

dofry

According to this Gamespot article from Nov. 7, there are 14 games that block Share Play.

• Another World
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Child of Light
  • Hotline Miami
  • Metro Redux
  • Minecraft
  • PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
  • Rayman Legends
  • SteamWorld Dig
  • Thief
  • Tomb Raider
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order

According to this reddit thread here, Dying Light does work with Share Play, but if you're in the EU, there may be some problems.

Thank you for the extensive answers. Also I am in Finland so I guess there might be some problems with the game. Well, it seems like a nice game, so I guess I'll buy it and play regular coop.

DieH@rd

Banned
This thread was silent more than month.

Any new impressions of the service, anyone using it? Are any new games blocked in some regions?

Durden77

Wow, this stuff is actually pretty great. I was helping my friend with Bloodbourne, and considering how tight that game is, I was really impressed with how responsive the controls felt. Even when the feed got grainy with dips in internet connection.

DieH@rd

Banned
Wow, this stuff is actually pretty great. I was helping my friend with Bloodbourne, and considering how tight that game is, I was really impressed with how responsive the controls felt. Even when the feed got grainy with dips in internet connection.

What was the distance between you and your friend?

dofry

Has anyone tried Lara Croft and the temple of osiris with Share Play couch coop?
For me the game says to connect to PSN, even though we both have PS+

Share play worked flawlessly until update 2.50 and it hasn't worked since for me. I have 30 down 5 up. tried changing it lowest setting and still get too low message.

Lrrr

Share play worked flawlessly until update 2.50 and it hasn't worked since for me. I have 30 down 5 up. tried changing it lowest setting and still get too low message.

Same. My internet is fast, but ever since the update, Share Play won't work for me.

DieH@rd

Banned
With the arrival of PS4 Pro it's time to update OP a bit. Share Play on PS4 Pro now supports 1080p60! :D

Have a great time GAF sharing your games! :)

Has anyone tried 1080p60 Remote/Share Play on PS4 Pro?

I'm really curious about the streaming quality (it also supports H.265, but H.264 is used for legacy compatibility) and the bitrate (10 Mbps might not be enough anymore)...

Rumors say that input lag might be improved too.

Top Bottom