• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

SerTapTap

For the no tears challenges, prioritize shops. Blue/red candles or the boomerang can make a huge difference. As can The Bible for runs that end at mom/mom's heart (almost all of them), and Stopwatch is always welcome. Same for Suicide King--the Boomerang is insanely OP in that challenge as it's damage is based off your tear damage.

Rolling the dice on the blindfolded challenges tends to be a really bad idea, because it does not remove the blindfold.

You can end up with a character completely unable to attack.

The challenges where rolling the dice can really help are those like Head Trauma and Waka Waka.

I actually enjoyed Waka Waka to an extent, moving bosses around into the blobs was great. Screw head trauma though

Waka Waka makes some bosses way more annoying than normal, like Pin and Chub variants.

Whip Worm trivializes Suicide King.

Red Candle trivializes everything. :)

SerTapTap

I hate Pin. I almost hate Pin more than Mask of Infamy, I feel I almost always have a way to deal with Infamy by the time I actually see it, but Pin in a boss room always takes a thousand years. And Scolex is just...rude.

Vlad

Hmm, after slamming my head into a wall (-180 win streek and counting) trying to get anywhere with (character spoiler)
The Lost, I'm slowly veering from "Hey, this is an interesting late game extra-hard mode type thing" into "why did they make this irritating character the thing to end the game on and such an unusually difficult secret to uncover and unlock?"

Well, it's not so much that the character himself is annoying, but it's more that he seems to be exposing the flimsier design choices in the game. When one of those larger four-eyed spiders jumps all the way across the room at me and hits me before I have a chance to react, I usually didn't mind, since I always had extra health, but when it ends yet another run where things are going marginally better than usual, it goes from interestingly challenging to fairly irritating. While I never had any issues with fighting The Haunt before, I now dread getting him. Not because of the final stage, mind you, but the part where you have to fight the two small ghosts at once. They almost always split up and box me in, and since they move at the same speed you do, and often in the same direction, taking a hit seems unavoidable. I love being able to abuse the hell out of the devil rooms, but that requires actually GETTING to them first. Am I doing something wrong here, or is it this annoying for everybody?

BigAT

Hmm, after slamming my head into a wall (-180 win streek and counting) trying to get anywhere with (character spoiler)
The Lost, I'm slowly veering from "Hey, this is an interesting late game extra-hard mode type thing" into "why did they make this irritating character the thing to end the game on and such an unusually difficult secret to uncover and unlock?"

Well, it's not so much that the character himself is annoying, but it's more that he seems to be exposing the flimsier design choices in the game. When one of those larger four-eyed spiders jumps all the way across the room at me and hits me before I have a chance to react, I usually didn't mind, since I always had extra health, but when it ends yet another run where things are going marginally better than usual, it goes from interestingly challenging to fairly irritating. While I never had any issues with fighting The Haunt before, I now dread getting him. Not because of the final stage, mind you, but the part where you have to fight the two small ghosts at once. They almost always split up and box me in, and since they move at the same speed you do, and often in the same direction, taking a hit seems unavoidable. I love being able to abuse the hell out of the devil rooms, but that requires actually GETTING to them first. Am I doing something wrong here, or is it this annoying for everybody?

Nope, you've summed it up pretty accurately.

it's just annoying for everybody. at least most everybody.
i really think the lost would still have some kind of value if the game would just remove anything to do with health on lost runs. health items or consumables. instead replacing them with things you can actually utilize. like say instead of hitting a golden chest and 2 1/2 red hearts pop out it could be keys/bombs/pills/cards/runes/coins. i feel like most of my runs with the lost (not so much now that i've filled its notecard) were just filled with health items everywhere and i wasn't even at least getting the ones that had extras like damage ups or luck ups. they could still keep all stat ups like magic mushroom or things dealing with health and more like blue cap, magic scab, or meat!... it's probably all in my head but i felt like i would be seeing way more hidden rooms full of red hearts or angel deal rooms with 3 soul hearts or getting items like the relic. if they could just make it so you actually felt rewarded and that you were spending actual productive time with the character, it wouldn't be so bad.

Vlad

Nope, you've summed it up pretty accurately.

Of course, right after I type that I manage to get lucky, snag Dead Cat and Guppy's Collar, and plow right through to the end.

That said, there were some really crappy rooms I came across that I honestly don't see how I could have done without taking a hit (I had the Holy Mantle, too) involving those sliding spike blocks.

You can bait the spiky blocks and then slide through as they are resetting, as long as your speed isn't abysmally bad.

But yah, the spiky blocks are amongst the worst enemies IMO, up there with ghosts, Adversary/Cage/Fistula bosses, those guys who can't be damaged until they decide to let you, and any enemy combined with the invulnerable statues that shoot at you, lots of spikes, or lots of walls.

Vlad

You can bait the spiky blocks and then slide through as they are resetting, as long as your speed isn't abysmally bad.

But yah, the spiky blocks are amongst the worst enemies IMO, up there with ghosts, Adversary/Cage/Fistula bosses, those guys who can't be damaged until they decide to let you, and any enemy combined with the invulnerable statues that shoot at you, lots of spikes, or lots of walls.

Yeah, I think I've finally hit the wall with the game. I could deal with the character's downside if there were at least SOME positive. The funny thing is that I was reading about the unlock procedure, and apparently the devs were mad that people cheated their way to figuring it out? Hell, I didn't even have to go through all the puzzle nonsense to unlock him, and I'm annoyed. I can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if I actually jumped through all the proper hoops to get him.

It kind of sucks, since my last impression of the game is one of annoyance and frustration. If anything, they should have made Azazel the super-secret character. He's at least fun to play as.

SerTapTap

Yeah, I think I've finally hit the wall with the game. I could deal with the character's downside if there were at least SOME positive. The funny thing is that I was reading about the unlock procedure, and apparently the devs were mad that people cheated their way to figuring it out? Hell, I didn't even have to go through all the puzzle nonsense to unlock him, and I'm annoyed. I can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if I actually jumped through all the proper hoops to get him.

It kind of sucks, since my last impression of the game is one of annoyance and frustration. If anything, they should have made Azazel the super-secret character. He's at least fun to play as.

If you're playing on PC you're doomed, but if you're on PS4/Vita version 1.03 I'd recommend just using the seed glitch to get Holy Mantle and see how amazingly better The Lost is with a single specific item. It's kind of depressing really, it would be so simple to make it suck less.

Vlad

If you're playing on PC you're doomed, but if you're on PS4/Vita version 1.03 I'd recommend just using the seed glitch to get Holy Mantle and see how amazingly better The Lost is with a single specific item. It's kind of depressing really, it would be so simple to make it suck less.

Yeah, I'm on PC. The one good run that I had with him was due to coming across Holy Mantle, Dead Cat, and Guppy's Collar all in one run (among an assortment of other useful items), so I'm quite familiar with its usefulness.

SerTapTap

Yeah, I'm on PC. The one good run that I had with him was due to coming across Holy Mantle, Dead Cat, and Guppy's Collar all in one run (among an assortment of other useful items), so I'm quite familiar with its usefulness.

Ah. What quickly stands out when doing that is taking one hit can feel like bullshit, but taking two hits is 99.999% of the time your own stupid fault. That's why that felt like a real challenge to me instead of bullshit. If I could play with random maps and always start with Holy Mantle I might actually play as that character for fun actually (I'd never touch the boss rush again though, lol)

Dead Cat would help but IMO it's not enough. Certain rooms are BS and Dead Cat makes you redo that BS room, so even if you get past it you take permanent "damage" due to that. The resetting nature of the Mantle is perfect. On those runs I only died to boss rush, multiple Cage or Adversary fights and my own failures.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I hate myself tonight.

I was going through the process to cheese Meat Boy/Bandage Girl. Got first-floor Wafer, second-floor Sharp Plug. I was golden. Hit the angel rooms - no Scapular, but I did grab Godhead finally - and eventually, in the Cathedral, found a Library with Satanic Bible. Judgy beggar gave me an item that I managed to roll into Monster Manual. Carried that into the Library, ready to keep going until those two fuckers showed up.

....And then I went to 1/2 a heart with the Satanic Bible uncharged. No hearts on the floor. Blew it all.

So now I gotta manage that pretty tricky set of items again, and not fuck up this time.

I hate myself tonight.

I was going through the process to cheese Meat Boy/Bandage Girl. Got first-floor Wafer, second-floor Sharp Plug. I was golden. Hit the angel rooms - no Scapular, but I did grab Godhead finally - and eventually, in the Cathedral, found a Library with Satanic Bible. Judgy beggar gave me an item that I managed to roll into Monster Manual. Carried that into the Library, ready to keep going until those two fuckers showed up.

....And then I went to 1/2 a heart with the Satanic Bible uncharged. No hearts on the floor. Blew it all.

So now I gotta manage that pretty tricky set of items again, and not fuck up this time.
i'm on vita so it's 1.03 but i found a run with pyromaniac, ipecac shot and bought the sharp plug. so i was able to blow my health back up to sharp plug and have unlimited re-rolls. i think i saw that ipecac no longer works with pyromaniac on the latest update, but i wouldn't know because sony still has yet to update this game to the latest.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
i'm on vita so it's 1.03 but i found a run with pyromaniac, ipecac shot and bought the sharp plug. so i was able to blow my health back up to sharp plug and have unlimited re-rolls. i think i saw that ipecac no longer works with pyromaniac on the latest update, but i wouldn't know because sony still has yet to update this game to the latest.

I'm fairly confident it does still work, but I managed to pull it off the wafer way regardless.
Got Goat Head and Holy Mantle fairly early, which helped the hunt. Took until Womb 2 angel room to get the wafer, floor also had a curse room with The Bible and an arcade that gave me Skatole. Barely managed to turn Skatole into Book of Revelations, then swapped the rooms' items and turned the Bible into Monster Manual. Took it back to the curse room, had a very slow and deliberate system so I didn't fuck up again, and now I've got everything but a Super Bandage pickup before Real Platinum God.

Fucking finally.

Afrodium

Banned
How have they still not patched it so that skipping the boss intro doesn't also fire a shot? I'm trying to complete Suicide King and I keep getting fucked over due to that. You'd think I'd just learn to watch the intro but a hundred hours of conditioning are making it easier said than done.

SerTapTap

How have they still not patched it so that skipping the boss intro doesn't also fire a shot? I'm trying to complete Suicide King and I keep getting fucked over due to that. You'd think I'd just learn to watch the intro but a hundred hours of conditioning are making it easier said than done.

Yeah it's annoying--it's just reading the press of X as if Isaac was active. Is that still broken on PC too? Do we have details of what the next PS4 patch covers? latest PC patch I hope? RIP seed glitch

If you're on Vita you know you're doing it the hard way, right? You can seed exploit to get items instead.

Vlad

Yeah it's annoying--it's just reading the press of X as if Isaac was active. Is that still broken on PC too? Do we have details of what the next PS4 patch covers? latest PC patch I hope? RIP seed glitch

What button are you using to skip the boss intro? On PC, I always either use the Space Bar (the key that normally activates your charged item) or Enter (which doesn't do anything in normal gameplay). It never even occurred to me to try to use the fire keys, since they're the arrow keys...

... and after checking it out, it looks like the fire keys won't even work for skipping the boss intro.

SerTapTap

What button are you using to skip the boss intro? On PC, I always either use the Space Bar (the key that normally activates your charged item) or Enter (which doesn't do anything in normal gameplay). It never even occurred to me to try to use the fire keys, since they're the arrow keys...

... and after checking it out, it looks like the fire keys won't even work for skipping the boss intro.

Hrm...that's weird, if it's not a fire button I'm less sure that's why it happens. On PS4 you just press X which is both Confirm and fire down.

The fire keys skip the boss intro on a controller, and that's what I was responding to with the "is it broke on PC". No, it's not. Specifically I'm using 'A' on an Xbox One controller, which is both confirm and fire down as well.

Bliddo

The fire keys skip the boss intro on a controller, and that's what I was responding to with the "is it broke on PC". No, it's not. Specifically I'm using 'A' on an Xbox One controller, which is both confirm and fire down as well.

Just remember to not skip the intro in the Suicide King challenge. So many hearts lost by shooting myself at the start of a boss fight -_-

If they said the truth they submitted the new patch today. Now we wait
even more

where did you hear this? i want an update so bad. i feel like i'm only hurting myself when i pick up krampas' head now.

If you're on Vita you know you're doing it the hard way, right? You can seed exploit to get items instead.

yeah, i only used the seed exploit for the lost since in its current form i really hate that character. i got meat boy and bandage girl the good old fashioned break the game way.

Haunted

That has been fixed in one of the earlier patches on PC. Was really irritating when you had explosive shots.

Yup!

Probably shouldn't have tied that character to in-game item unlocks, as that just means that 95% of people will never get to see them. >_<

Vlad

That has been fixed in one of the earlier patches on PC. Was really irritating when you had explosive shots.

Yup!

Probably shouldn't have tied that character to in-game item unlocks, as that just means that 95% of people will never get to see them. >_<

The worst part is, despite having sworn off even bothering to unlock everything, I keep going back. Even worse than that is that I managed to beat the Boss Rush and ??? with him, so now I'm stuck, since I know I need just that one good run to finish everything else.

Skittles

Finished the challenges. Getting brimstone during slow roll was hilarious. Worst challenge was head trauma due to how boring it was

Have to cheat for the The Spoiler achievements while I can. Really do not want to try and earn that bullshit otherwise

It's really not as bad as it sounds. The same patches that eliminate the cheats also eliminate most of the total BS rooms (no more guys exploding on you, no more enemies teleporting right on top of you.)

SerTapTap

It's really not as bad as it sounds. The same patches that eliminate the cheats also eliminate most of the total BS rooms (no more guys exploding on you, no more enemies teleporting right on top of you.)

Do they though? The Lump AI was fixed in 1.03. The Lost is still complete shit. Unless they also patched out double adversaries and Cages I doubt anything they did is extremely significant to The Lost.

I'd recommend using the exploit. You can knock it out in a day or two with that easy (if you're good).

Vlad

Do they though? The Lump AI was fixed in 1.03. The Lost is still complete shit. Unless they also patched out double adversaries and Cages I doubt anything they did is extremely significant to The Lost.

I'd recommend using the exploit. You can knock it out in a day or two with that easy (if you're good).

Trust me, there's still PLENTY of instant death rooms, or at least rooms where it's next to impossible to avoid damage.

Just had a run that started out great:

Started off on an XL floor, so two item rooms before the bosses.
First item room is a D6!
Next room I go to drops a Joker.
Zap to devil room, and it's Guppy's Head and Book of Sin.
Grab Guppys' Head, use it, switch back out for D6, reroll devil room.
Grab the free Mom's Knife and Goat Head!
Head to next item room on first floor, get Infamy!!

Pleased with my current loadout, I head to the next room and one of thouse fucking four-eyed spiders literally jumps across the entire length of the room and kills me as soon as I walk in.

Double Adversaries and Double Cages are clearly not a bug, so no they are never going to "fix" that. And if you have enough damage you can clear those rooms no problem even as the lost.

Spider jumping on you is intentional, but always avoidable in theory.

They did eliminate stuff like the Angels, Lamb, Isaac, or Blue Baby teleporting on top of you, as well as the mulli line blowing up as soon as you enter the room right next to you.

The only instant death I'm still aware of on PC is having Isaac's heart if the entry way to It Lives is on the sides of the room, because it will path the heart through the eyes and kill you.

Vlad

Double Adversaries and Double Cages are clearly not a bug, so no they are never going to "fix" that. And if you have enough damage you can clear those rooms no problem even as the lost.

Spider jumping on you is intentional, but always avoidable in theory.

They did eliminate stuff like the Angels, Lamb, Isaac, or Blue Baby teleporting on top of you, as well as the mulli line blowing up as soon as you enter the room right next to you.

The only instant death I'm still aware of on PC is having Isaac's heart if the entry way to It Lives is on the sides of the room, because it will path the heart through the eyes and kill you.

It's not the bugs, it's the bad design. I'm nearing a -300 win streak trying to finish The Lost's stuff, and while there have been a few deaths where I realized it was my own fault, far too many have been bullshit and near unavoidable.

For example, I just had another great start to a run. Get Mom's knife on the first floor, working my way through the second and I spawn in an open room with three of those guys that charge at you and explode. Normally I can manage those fine, but two of them were special yellow ones, which means they were much faster than normal. As far as I could tell, their speed was exactly the same as mine, which meant I was screwed.

Then there's those bullshit grey spiders that spawn the smaller spiders. They're afraid of you 90% of the time and run away, but then they occasionally decide to attack, and since they're faster than you are, when they decide to charge, you're dead.

To me, having a character that dies in a single hit makes sense in a game where you could theoretically avoid every hit, but there are just far too many times in Rebirth where damage is either unavoidable or ridiculously difficult to avoid.

Qwyjibo

I think I just suffered my most devastating defeat in 20+ years of gaming.

I've completed every character fully on hard except for the Lost which is kicking my ass constantly. I start a new run and first floor item is Holy Mantle (!!!!!). Through the next couple floors I get the Halo, Blood of the Martyr, a couple "tears up" pills, a "pretty fly" pill, Ball of Bandages and Book of Shadows as my active item. Then I get Death's Touch in a devil room and I figure I'm all set. This is finally going to happen!

Then I run into "The Cage" as a boss. I stupidly get hit during one of his rolls early on and there goes the Holy Mantle effect. I eventually have to pop Book of Shadows to save myself and get him down to 1/3 only to be killed by probably the very last pixel of one of his rock waves. I couldn't believe it. To waste that run on a relatively easier boss. I haven't touched the game since.

FUCK!

(I'll probably be back at it in a couple days)

Vlad

I think I just suffered my most devastating defeat in 20+ years of gaming.

I've completed every character fully on hard except for the Lost which is kicking my ass constantly. I start a new run and first floor item is Holy Mantle (!!!!!). Through the next couple floors I get the Halo, Blood of the Martyr, a couple "tears up" pills, a "pretty fly" pill, Ball of Bandages and Book of Shadows as my active item. Then I get Death's Touch in a devil room and I figure I'm all set. This is finally going to happen!

Then I run into "The Cage" as a boss. I stupidly get hit during one of his rolls early on and there goes the Holy Mantle effect. I eventually have to pop Book of Shadows to save myself and get him down to 1/3 only to be killed by probably the very last pixel of one of his rock waves. I couldn't believe it. To waste that run on a relatively easier boss. I haven't touched the game since.

FUCK!

(I'll probably be back at it in a couple days)

Right there with you. I've had so many of those "this has gotta be the run" runs. Triple shot + Mom's knife + Charcoal + The Pact and I'm one-shotting most bosses and get hit by one of those damn 8-shot spiders.

Brimstone and the Stopwatch and I get swarmed in a room full of mini Masks of Infamy (so annoying that the mask part isn't affected by the stopwatch).

Honestly, Dead Cat does seem more essential than Holy Mantle at a certain point, too. Of course, I hardly ever see either these days. Whenever I'm not playing as The Lost, I seemed to get Dead Cat every few runs, but now it gets super-rare.

The real quandry for me comes from those items that I'm not quite sure if they're beneficial or not. For the longest time, I was all over Ludovico Technique, since I could just turtle over some rocks or a pit or something and clear a room, but I'd always end up getting destroyed in any room without cover and where stuff's chasing you.

Qwyjibo

I was all over Ludovico Technique, since I could just turtle over some rocks or a pit or something and clear a room, but I'd always end up getting destroyed in any room without cover and where stuff's chasing you.
I'm the same way with that. If I can't hide in a room, I just don't have the "feel" for moving and using it at the same time. Hundreds of hours of playing this game and the original and always shooting tears have conditioned me otherwise. I always end up running into a small spider or something silly.

Vlad

I'm the same way with that. If I can't hide in a room, I just don't have the "feel" for moving and using it at the same time. Hundreds of hours of playing this game and the original and always shooting tears have conditioned me otherwise. I always end up running into a small spider or something silly.

The problem I have isn't so much the slow enemies, but the really fast ones. Those exploding guys and the red guys who you have to kill twice, for example. I'm usually faster than they are, but my lone tear is slower than they are. So beyond the Benny Hill-esque running around the room, I don't have my own tears to keep them back, so I usually end up dying. I thought Ludovico + Mon's Knife would have enough damage to make a difference, but it's still too slow to cover all the situations.

I did it! I got true platinum God on PSVITA last night.

The final item was sacrificial dagger (epic fails on eve runs is practically my middle name)

Finally came up with an epic seed that got me the win. I wish I had written it down, On the way to the chest, I got nothing but angel rooms after the first devil room (which only had brother bobby so I avoided it), got sacred heart on the next floor, in catacombs one I snagged blank card/sun card, on depths 2 on the room before the mom fight a Jera tune dropped.

Epic ness ensued! I finally had it.

Also had another great seed a day or so ago for a Cain run, death's touch first floor, pentagram, tons of soul hearts, 9 lives, guppies paw, tons of fun damage and then an accidental cursed eye pickup in the item room on depths 1, proceeded to scrap by to Sheol (last thing I needed for Cain). Scrapped by thanks to massive damage and tons of soul hearts thanks to dark bum. When I reached the dark room, I got guppy which finally made cursed eye worth it. So many flies spawn every cursed eye charge hit. It was the first time I had ever been "carried" by the dark room.

This leads me into something I hope that afterbirth has, a list of your ten most recent seeds, something to make them even easier to share.

Bliddo

Gotta love hard mode. I just had a run with 0 key and 0 bomb and 3 cents drops until mom's fight. This means no chests, no item rooms, no shops, nothing.

It's not the bugs, it's the bad design. I'm nearing a -300 win streak trying to finish The Lost's stuff, and while there have been a few deaths where I realized it was my own fault, far too many have been bullshit and near unavoidable.

For example, I just had another great start to a run. Get Mom's knife on the first floor, working my way through the second and I spawn in an open room with three of those guys that charge at you and explode. Normally I can manage those fine, but two of them were special yellow ones, which means they were much faster than normal. As far as I could tell, their speed was exactly the same as mine, which meant I was screwed.

Then there's those bullshit grey spiders that spawn the smaller spiders. They're afraid of you 90% of the time and run away, but then they occasionally decide to attack, and since they're faster than you are, when they decide to charge, you're dead.

To me, having a character that dies in a single hit makes sense in a game where you could theoretically avoid every hit, but there are just far too many times in Rebirth where damage is either unavoidable or ridiculously difficult to avoid.

I'm not arguing that the Lost is good design.

All I said was that the buggy stuff was mostly fixed in the PC patches so while deaths will still occur, the 100% unavoidable ones don't.

Your examples are of things that are, theoretically, dodgeable with luck. The stuff I was talking about isn't.

As someone who's done Godhead twice, once on PC and once on PS4, you'll never see me defend the design of the Lost.

By the time I was trying to do Boss Rush, my entire method was reset until the first floor had a Dead Cat. Even Holy Mantle is generally a delayed but inevitable death with the Lost, especially when going fast enough for the Boss Rush.

Vlad

I bring you all... a gift.

You see, I was playing Rebirth yesterday, trying to get that one run with The Lost that would finally take me all the way through Satan and The Lamb. After countless hours of frustration and far too much abuse on my R key, I discovered something.

I discovered a bug.

Giddy with excitement at what this bug could mean, I attempted to replicate the bug, and the bug was surely able to be replicated. Now, my first instinct was to share this bug with you fine folks, but I'll admit it, I was selfish. On the chance that I happened to be the first person to discover this (I assume that someone would have mentioned it in this thread by now) and it got fixed in a quick patch, I used this bug for my own purposes to kill off Satan and The Lamb within an hour of starting up my next Rebirth session. I don't feel at all bad about doing so, partly because I did get the boss rush, Isaac, and ??? kills legitimately, and partly due to the aforementioned bullshit nature of The Lost. So with that, I give to you the bug/exploit that, while not turning terrible runs with The Lost into great ones, will drastically increase the chances of you winning any given run:

So, in a fit of rage after losing a particularly promising Brimstone-based run, I quit the game. However, I was so annoyed that instead of going through the proper menus, I just hit alt-f4 to kill the game as soon as took the hit that killed me. Going back a few minutes later once I cooled down, I noticed that I could select the "continue" option on the main menu. Seeing as my last run ended in death, I shouldn't have been able to continue, so I selected it and the game started me at the beginning of the floor I died on with all the appropriate items! Jazzed at the possibilities, I let myself get hit again and alt-F4'ed again, this time a second later. Same result. As best as I can tell, the game auto-saves at the beginning of each floor, but also doesn't register a death until the "last will" screen appears! I used this to cheese my way to victory, quickly alt-F4ing every time I took a hit. Sure, it was annoying to go through Utero II three times when getting hit by It Lives, but it was WAY better than starting from the beginning.

Of course, that glitch could be used on any run, but honestly, the rest of the game doesn't need it.

Skittles

If you just want to say "fuck The Lost" use this seed.

SNF3 DRKA

Holy Mantle first item room, 20/20, both Cricket items, Guppy, several damage ups. It's basically impossible to die.
Took me a total of 6 runs before I unlocked everything for this POS. Thank god i'm done with that

Bliddo

Gotta love hard mode. I just had a run with 0 key and 0 bomb and 3 cents drops until mom's fight. This means no chests, no item rooms, no shops, nothing.

After this run I got its perfect antithesis: early guppy, death's touch, abaddon, and a lot of tears upgrades. I steamrolled mega satan on hard mode taking just a couple of hits.
Damn you Rebirth, I just can't stay mad at you.

Just_one

Still playing on v.1.01 on vita/ps4

Is the dead boy(finish chest or dark room without taking damage) ,godhead(kill all 6 bosses and boss rush on hard) and Super Bandage Girl/Super Meat Boy really glitched and cant be unlocked?

Still playing on v.1.01 on vita/ps4

Is the dead boy(finish chest or dark room without taking damage) ,godhead(kill all 6 bosses and boss rush on hard) and Super Bandage Girl/Super Meat Boy really glitched and cant be unlocked?

Dead Boy and Godhead are bugged, SMB and SMG are possible.

Just_one

Dead Boy and Godhead are bugged, SMB and SMG are possible.

But if i do dead boy and godhead on v.1.01 and then when the new update arrives in europe i update the game does it unlock them for me or do i have to do them again?

Do you (or anyone reading) know any seeds for doing SMB and SMG? v1.01 on vita/ps4 still gives secrets/trophies for using seeds if you back out to the main screen ;)

Top Bottom